What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NO signs WRs Tate and Floyd (1 Viewer)

Bronco Billy

Footballguy
NO just inked Tate and Floyd to contracts.  It seemed like their WR corps was pretty well stocked right now without these additions.  Have there been some injuries that haven’t hit the main wire services, or are there guys performing below what have been to now strong reports (speaking specifically to Meredith and Smith)?

Anyone have an insight on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Minus a slew of injuries, camp bodies. It's Thomas, Ginn, Meredith and Tre'Quan Smith. Tate might make it as a returner.

How has Meredith looked in camp? Is there any reason NO could be concerned about him? Or is this just camp bodies for competition? 

How has Meredith looked in camp? Is there any reason NO could be concerned about him? Or is this just camp bodies for competition? 
According to this article from yesterday everything appears fine

"Meredith had reconstructive knee surgery a little less than a year ago. He'd been easing his way back into on-field work during the offseason. Coaches are still monitoring his snap count during camp, but when he is on the field, he appears to run routes without limitations.

"I'm out here practicing and felt good, so that's a good sign," Meredith said, adding that the opportunity to work with Brees is "amazing."

I think it makes sense to add some camp bodies and to hope to fins lightening in a bottle. Outside of Thomas, the team has no real sure things at WR. Ginn was very good last year but is 33 and has had an uneven career. Meredith showed some flashes as a rookie and missed all of last season who knows with him really. Smith is a mid-round rookie.

It's likely that neither of these guys even make the team but don't be shocked if Michael Floyd is an opening day starter either.

I think it makes sense to add some camp bodies and to hope to fins lightening in a bottle. Outside of Thomas, the team has no real sure things at WR. Ginn was very good last year but is 33 and has had an uneven career. Meredith showed some flashes as a rookie and missed all of last season who knows with him really. Smith is a mid-round rookie.

It's likely that neither of these guys even make the team but don't be shocked if Michael Floyd is an opening day starter either.
Sorry man, but I'm going to be way way shocked if Floyd is starting. 

Travin Dural who was on the practice squad all last year broke his humerus 2 days ago and is out for the season. He was expected to be a contributor on special teams this year. I believe these signings (especially Tate) are to fill that void. Floyd, I think is more of a "let's see if he has anything left in the tank" type signing. I would be surprised to see Floyd make the team unless he gets in to camp and starts turning some heads. 

Sorry man, but I'm going to be way way shocked if Floyd is starting. 
Yeah I went a little too far there, but I don't think is out of the realm of possibility. I'm not running out to pick him up or trade for him or anything, it's just that he was a talent and the competition isn't really as strong as it looks at first glance. Of course the fact he's signing in August is telling in a negative way.

Users who are viewing this thread