What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Week 14 Waiver Wire Thread? Anybody still here? Bueller? (1 Viewer)

I have Edelman, E Sanders, and Baldwin on the wire. Might as well grab one of them as they are hot right now.

Also for those looking for the sneaky TE play, Zach Ertz is starting to get his in Kelly's offense.

What about someone like Jared Cook? He's largely been terrible this season. But he's playing against the Cards who not only did he torch in week 1 but are by a large amount the worst team against TEs in terms of FPs allowed.

Rainey was tossed back to the wire last week and seems to have a chance this weekend against the Bills.

Donald Brown is another name that could be out there.

I will second the Emmanuel Sanders and Dennis Pitta suggestions.

I'm a Cameron owner looking for something a TE. Green, ZMiller, Ertz, Chandler are all out there. Just have no idea who the best option is.

I'm a Cameron owner looking for something a TE. Green, ZMiller, Ertz, Chandler are all out there. Just have no idea who the best option is.
I think you should pick up Green. His targets have been steady the last 3-4 weeks, about 6 targets per game. He is also averaging over 20 yards per reception, and has scored back to back weeks.

Green. I had a change of heart with him. I feel since I now see his snap count and the coaches want to utilize him more. He may just have a real coming out party this week. 7/100/2

While Gates is playing, his Hammy can go, just like anyones at anytime. His is just not as healthy right now.

QB- McCown / Cutler

RB- Mendenhall if dropped.

WR- Baldwin with the news that Harvin may miss more weeks and Brian Harline in a PPR league . Ace Sanders. , C Patterson in a large league as a deep pickup as he has been starting and getting more looks and touches. and Greg jennings if Dropped if and only if Ponder is out.

TE - Definitely L. Green if hes available (great replacement for Cameron owners) with news that he played as much or more then gates and they are using a 2 TE offense. . Housler getting more targets but hes a borderline start. Pita but might be a week or 2 until he plays. Hard to start a guy like this in the playoffs.

Def- Raiders this week , teams against the Jets putting up 10+ points almost every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preparing for playoff runs -- handcuffing guys, switching out a few IDPs for better matchups, trying to find TE depth with Cameron uninvolved.

fbg have cameron as te 4 this week. 8 points in ppr last week.. its not great but its gonna be hard to bench him for a green

green seems like a boom or bust off the wire though

fbg have cameron as te 4 this week. 8 points in ppr last week.. its not great but its gonna be hard to bench him for a green

green seems like a boom or bust off the wire though
Are we even aware of who will be starting at QB for CLE this week? Cameron hasn't done much recently and there's really no reason to believe that will change anytime soon, FBG is being very generous.

Green on the other hand played close to 100% of offensive snaps last week and is a complete and utter freak. Sure, Rivers like to spread the wealth but there's absolutely no reason to believe he's anymore boom/bust than Cameron considering their current situations.

Both Jordan Reed and Julius Thomas were dropped on my league by owners that didnt find out until last minute that they wouldn't play so it may have happened on your league?

I forgot to add Andre Holmes to my list. (He was mentioned by the OP) I saw the dallas and raiders game on rewind before and he looked really good and dominating and has the jets this week. He seems like a player that can be like Danario Alexander last year. a surprise #3 WR for the playoffs.

I'm feeling too lazy to look it up, but wasn't it around this time last year that Moreno became relevant in Denver? Maybe slightly before this, but not much. . . My point is value can be found this late, even for good teams.

Both Jordan Reed and Julius Thomas were dropped on my league by owners that didnt find out until last minute that they wouldn't play so it may have happened on your league?
Holy god can I join that league!!!
Is anyone starting Redskins at this point? I'd cut Reed too and did but I have short rosters.

Thomas though, who dropped him? Did they need a roster spot that bad or just an idiot?

Is anyone starting Redskins at this point? I'd cut Reed too and did but I have short rosters.

Thomas though, who dropped him? Did they need a roster spot that bad or just an idiot?
Garcon and Morris are both still startable. Garcon has been a monster in PPR this year. He's WR12 in my league.

Garcon and Morris are both still startable. Garcon has been a monster in PPR this year. He's WR12 in my league.
Amen brother. He is on pace for 104 receptions

I am on board the Green hype-train.

Love the big play potential and think the Chargers find ways to get him the ball more.

If you need waivers at this point... good luck in the playoffs...
First year in fantasy football?
not even close... but I plan my lineup in advance and don't wait until week fourteen to try to strike gold. Most of what's left is fools gold, but in 99 percent of my leagues the wire is picked clean. Unless you want to start Matt Hasselbeck or something?

not even close... but I plan my lineup in advance and don't wait until week fourteen to try to strike gold. Most of what's left is fools gold, but in 99 percent of my leagues the wire is picked clean. Unless you want to start Matt Hasselbeck or something?
This is the week 14 waiver wire thread.....why come in here with that nonsense?

Francis, do you need a hug? :wub:

Our wire shut down at the completion of the regular season - but if it wasn't shut down there are some pretty good hedges left out there. Edelman and Dobson from NE, Holmes from Oak...around this time of the year you get that out of the blue player that is positioning for next year or filling in for an injury. Guys like Kenny Stills might emerge.

For the first time all season, I don't see anyone I like on the waiver wire.

Thinking of grabbing Ladarius Green or Brandon Myers just for Ss & Gs, but I probably wouldn't start either one over Gonzo.

Joe Summer said:
For the first time all season, I don't see anyone I like on the waiver wire.Thinking of grabbing Ladarius Green or Brandon Myers just for Ss & Gs, but I probably wouldn't start either one over Gonzo.
Atlanta is looking to see more of Levine toilolo according to rotoworld. This might hurt gonzo.

Shawn said:
Phenix said:
Shawn said:
Hey - I'm a superior fantasy player too - glad to meet you! :tebow:

Isotopes said:
Shawn said:
Phenix said:
Shawn said:
This is the week 14 waiver wire thread.....why come in here with that nonsense?
guess they cant troll from the sideline

Shawn said:
rjv said:
JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:
Right?? Quarles isn't even available In some of my leagues...
Not all of us are in 16 team, 2 TE leagues

Shawn said:
Phenix said:
Shawn said:
Hey - I'm a superior fantasy player too - glad to meet you! :tebow:
i guess you can predict the future? sure would be nice to have the perfect line up out of your draft but thats rarely the case

. of course people try and have line ups ready for the coming weeks but nothing wrong being able to grab a quality player off the wire, sure maybe they are fools gold but they can also be fantasy gold in your line up or at the very least on your bench and not in someone else line up

Miller or Greene. I think Miller is pretty much matchup proof so I'd go with him.
while most of the time I agree. I feel this week Green has a great match up with the G-Men unlike Miller against the Niners.. I could see Green and Gates both putting up good numbers vs the giants. and if the hammy is bad for gates green could have an even nicer game

Ladarius Green

Carson Palmer and Ryan Fitzpatrick are out there on my wire if you need a QB in multiple QB formats ..

Other than this I'm not seeing much on our leagues WW. RB's forget it. Nothing. WR's pretty much the same story.

Ladarius Green

Carson Palmer and Ryan Fitzpatrick are out there on my wire if you need a QB in multiple QB formats ..

Other than this I'm not seeing much on our leagues WW. RB's forget it. Nothing. WR's pretty much the same story.
In multi qb formats, Palmer and Fitz are long gone. However in single qb formats, they could be worth a look if you've been plagued with injury.

There are some interesting wr's on my waiver....Emmanuel Sanders, Greg Jennings, Jacoby Jones, Doug Baldwin, Cordarelle Patterson are names I have been giving thought to.

As for tight end - what about Pitta? Isn't he about ready to play? Might be a good move to grab him before the game if you have space.

Dropped Harvin and am going to add a wide receiver....help me out....give me best choice - this week and beyond - out of;

Emmanuel Sanders
Jacoby Jones
Doug Baldwin
Greg Jennings

.5 per reception with bonuses for length of touchdown.......

Users who are viewing this thread