What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not getting text messages from mfl (1 Viewer)

a_rackowski

Footballguy
Morning - sometime over the summer I stopped getting text messages from my fantasy league. These might be lineup submission reminders, trade offers, waivers, etc.

I have unblocked every number I had blocked which I’m sure I’ll pay for later but they still are not coming over.

I try sending validation text from mfl contact info but nothing comes.

Carrier is att.

Anyone have similar experience and how did you fix?

Morning - sometime over the summer I stopped getting text messages from my fantasy league. These might be lineup submission reminders, trade offers, waivers, etc.

I have unblocked every number I had blocked which I’m sure I’ll pay for later but they still are not coming over.

Carrier is att.

Yup, been like that all summer. Recently I was getting them for a few days then they stopped.

Carrier is att.

Yup, been like that all summer. Recently I was getting them for a few days then they stopped.
Who is your cell phone carrier? Att?

Carrier is att.

Verizon. I should have received at least one text since last week. I got the email, though.

Carrier is att.

If not att that would seem to rule out whitelisting at the service provider level.

Carrier is att.

Verizon.

I had three drafts going the last two weeks and the texts stopped this weekend mid draft. Other leagues early in the year, no texts.

This is what I got from the MFL Support page, bottom line is for me at least they are punting to Verizon.

1.Why am I not getting text messages from MyFantasyLeague.com?

Answer: To try to debug possible reasons why you're not getting text messages from us, please follow the steps below.

1. Text messages are not sent for picks made from the live draft room. The live draft room is designed for all at once drafts, where everyone is in the live draft room at the same time, so therefore, no notifications are made (either via text messaging, or email) from picks that are made in the live draft room.
  2. Did you validate your cell phone number with us? Before we can start sending you text messages, we need to first make sure that you've entered the correct cell phone number into the site. Please go to the Mobile Setup page, check the checkbox to send a validation code to your cell phone, and then enter that validation code into the Mobile Setup page.
  3. Go to your For Owners > Franchise Setup - Mobile page - make sure your cell phone number is entered correctly (in the format 1234567890 - do not use a "1-" prefix, and do not use dashes or enter anything other than numbers). Also, make sure the correct cell phone carrier is selected.
  4. You can check the
  5. If you are able to receive the test text message from your regular email program, then what's most likely happening is your cell phone carrier is blocking (or delaying) our efforts to send you a text message. If the above suggestions do not solve the problem, your best bet would be to get in touch with your wireless carrier directly, telling them that they are delaying and/or blocking "email to text message gateway" messages from MyFantasyLeague.com and asking if they would be able to "whitelist" the MyFantasyLeague.com domain name, to allow us to send text messages to you immediately, without a delay. We've gotten in touch with the various carriers, and they have told us that because we're not a customer reporting the problem, they cannot fix it, but if enough of their current customers voice their displeasure to them about this problem, hopefully they'll be able to change their policy, and allow these text messages through! You should refer to your cell phone bill for information on how to contact them for support issues.

agree. We seem to be having the same issues across both att and Verizon which I think should rule any vendor support issues or white listing.

Anyone with any new info about this? First time with MFL this season, and I'm not getting the texts
I created a support ticket. They have no clue. I got the standard “call your carrier”. I said it’s happening to multiple people on multiple carriers. No response.

Has anyone had success getting texts from MFL?
Mine stopped working last year sometime - still not working this season.
Submitted a ticket and MFL blamed my carrier ATT.
I bought a 2nd phone using T-Mobile - texts not working on that phone either.
My commissioner has Verizon - same sad story.
Does anyone have any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread