What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NYC sucker-puncher. He’s in jail. He’s out of jail. He’s back in jail… (2 Viewers)

To blame this act of violence on liberals is cowardly.
Lol. I think it is reasonable to blame the act on liberals. But at least open to debate.

What isn't up for debate is that downgrading and letting him out was 100% the fault of liberals.
All liberals? 1 liberal? How many? Just trying to understand how much responsibility all liberals in this forum have for the situation.
Obviously only the liberals that support it…I guess that was a rhetorical question? If it wasn’t supported it wouldn’t be happening. Here’s one:

Upon much reflection I THINK I am in support of what George Soros is doing here. Though I’ve long been a fan of Soros I wasn’t sure about his support for progressive DAs and law enforcement officials. But these folks are trying to reform our criminal Justice system, which is desperately in need of it. We have far too many incarcerated people and the system as it stands does not work; it addition it still, after all these years, leads to racist outcomes.

Now the problem with any reform of this sort is that it’s going to create terrible anecdotes: some really bad guys are going to get out of prison early, and commit new awful crimes. These crimes will be publicized and the backlash against these liberal DAs and Soros will be bad. And we see this happening and this thread is an example. But that being said, I still think the reforms are worthwhile.
Look at the stats, including those posted here. They’ve been getting worse, coinciding with this wave of more liberal criminal policies and anti-police sentiment. The unimaginably ridiculous individual cases simply support the data.

And it’s disproportionately affecting people of color, when you cut through all the noise benefit the most from policing.
The same people who complain that there are no food stores in the cities back this behavior. They wonder why Walgreens, CVS, ALDI’s, etc close up.

Upon much reflection I THINK I am in support of what George Soros is doing here. Though I’ve long been a fan of Soros I wasn’t sure about his support for progressive DAs and law enforcement officials. But these folks are trying to reform our criminal Justice system, which is desperately in need of it. We have far too many incarcerated people and the system as it stands does not work; it addition it still, after all these years, leads to racist outcomes.

Now the problem with any reform of this sort is that it’s going to create terrible anecdotes: some really bad guys are going to get out of prison early, and commit new awful crimes. These crimes will be publicized and the backlash against these liberal DAs and Soros will be bad. And we see this happening and this thread is an example. But that being said, I still think the reforms are worthwhile.
Ah yes, your classic "who cares if good people die or get hurt, because it's all for the greater good" stance! And you even threw in a bit of racism for good measure as well. Nice work as always.

Ah yes, your classic "who cares if good people die or get hurt, because it's all for the greater good" stance! And you even threw in a bit of racism for good measure as well. Nice work as always.

20th century history alone is replete with positive examples of this type of thinking.

Of course

:lol:

The 100 people ransacking the 7-11 in LA may have fed 100 people also. Another greater good story that may make people warm and fuzzy.

The 100 people ransacking the 7-11 in LA may have fed 100 people also. Another greater good story that may make people warm and fuzzy.
Yah Beef jerky and Twinkie’s. How come you never see fruit stands being raided

Clockwork

Yah Beef jerky and Twinkie’s. How come you never see fruit stands being raided
You have to be a special kind of stupid to steal instant lottery tickets, those are traceable.

This is the truth. To get to a better system and less incarceration, you are going to have gross outlier cases like this.

Canada is extremely soft on crime and people take advantage of it for sure. You get the odd 'what the hell was that guy doing out of prison' cases. But I would not trade are system for the one in the US.

Lol. I think it is reasonable to blame the act on liberals. But at least open to debate.

What isn't up for debate is that downgrading and letting him out was 100% the fault of liberals.
All liberals? 1 liberal? How many? Just trying to understand how much responsibility all liberals in this forum have for the situation.
Obviously only the liberals that support it…I guess that was a rhetorical question? If it wasn’t supported it wouldn’t be happening. Here’s one:

Look at the stats, including those posted here. They’ve been getting worse, coinciding with this wave of more liberal criminal policies and anti-police sentiment. The unimaginably ridiculous individual cases simply support the data.

And it’s disproportionately affecting people of color, when you cut through all the noise benefit the most from policing.
Sometimes when you make changes, the situation gets worse before it gets better.

Sometimes when you make changes, the situation gets worse before it gets better.
Yep, or it stays bad or gets more worse. Generally outcomes in motion tend to stay in motion, but maybe this time it would be different.

This is the truth. To get to a better system and less incarceration, you are going to have gross outlier cases like this.

Canada is extremely soft on crime and people take advantage of it for sure. You get the odd 'what the hell was that guy doing out of prison' cases. But I would not trade are system for the one in the US.
The biggest difference between the two countries in regards to crime is the guns. I do watch Canadian news and their cities don’t have people acting like they do in our cities either.

Weird it was a liberal governor that had this guy arrested and jailed. She must not have gotten the memo.
Why did she have him arrested? not for the actual crime, but for a parole violation.

link us to some crime in R led cities and we’ll discuss them. I’ll bet they don’t let them out after 2 hours though. You may have to look a little for those crimes since most of the cities are led by D’s and are being influenced more by Soros- backed DA’s.
Link them? Why? Can't you do research outside of repeating what Fox News says?

The states with the highest murder rates in the country all voted for the same guy. Hint: it wasn't Biden. Cities generally have more crime because of population density, not who is elected mayor. Violent crime is up across the country, not just in cities with democrats in charge. It's a problem, but the ignorant "it's the libs" reaction isn't going to solve anything. Again, if crime is a liberal problem, why is Tulsa, Oklahoma experiencing so much violent crime? Republican mayor, republican city council, republican DAs. I shouldn't be able to point to any republican led cities, right? Turns out they're just as bad. But Fox doesn't tell you that.

I agree that this particular case was an example of bad policies. I'm glad that the democrat governor stepped up and had the guy arrested for his parole violation, and has met with the DA to discuss this problem.

Weird it was a liberal governor that had this guy arrested and jailed. She must not have gotten the memo.
Why did she have him arrested? not for the actual crime, but for a parole violation.

link us to some crime in R led cities and we’ll discuss them. I’ll bet they don’t let them out after 2 hours though. You may have to look a little for those crimes since most of the cities are led by D’s and are being influenced more by Soros- backed DA’s.

The states with the highest murder rates in the country all voted for the same guy. Hint: it wasn't Biden. Cities generally have more crime because of population density, not who is elected mayor. Violent crime is up across the country, not just in cities with democrats in charge. It's a problem, but the ignorant "it's the libs" reaction isn't going to solve anything. Again, if crime is a liberal problem, why is Tulsa, Oklahoma experiencing so much violent crime? Republican mayor, republican city council, republican DAs. I shouldn't be able to point to any republican led cities, right? Turns out they're just as bad. But Fox doesn't tell you that.

I agree that this particular case was an example of bad policies. I'm glad that the democrat governor stepped up and had the guy arrested for his parole violation, and has met with the DA to discuss this problem.
Here are the highest crime cities this year. I know where Tulsa is, I dont see them on the list. https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-violent-cities-in-america

Excuse me as I’ll go back to Fox and Friends now.

It was the least the NY gov could do - arrest the bum on a PAROLE VIOLATION. She has their back alright, lol.

Sure seems like there are a lot of isolated incidents and wrong place, wrong time, bad policies, this, that, etc that always has to be answered to in the cities. Must be too many people.

What is the reason? They showed the 30 highest crime rate areas in the country and 90% had Dem leadership. Even the smaller cities and towns. Why? That is what we need to research and find the root cause.

What is the reason? They showed the 30 highest crime rate areas in the country and 90% had Dem leadership. Even the smaller cities and towns. Why? That is what we need to research and find the root cause.

He points out ONE GOP run city out of the top 30 and thinks that disproves the assertion. :doh:

He points out ONE GOP run city out of the top 30 and thinks that disproves the assertion. :doh:
A lot of Chicagoans that come to my area on weekends are sure thumpy-chested about the murder rate of Jackson Miss, compared to Chicago. I’m thinking if it’s so safe in Chicago now, why are they in my area?

Last edited:

A lot of Chicagoans that come to my area on weekends are sure thumpy-chested about the murder rate of Jackson Miss, compared to Chicago. I’m thinking if it’s so safe in Chicago now, why are they in my area?
Most parts of Chicago are quite safe. A very small portion of the city — basically 3 neighborhoods — have a gigantic portion of crime, particularly violent crime. I’ve lived here almost 20 years. Feels pretty safe to me.

Most parts of Chicago are quite safe. A very small portion of the city — basically 3 neighborhoods — have a gigantic portion of crime, particularly violent crime. I’ve lived here almost 20 years. Feels pretty safe to me.
For sure, but if they are running a business near there or in sales and have to go into them…

Users who are viewing this thread