What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NYCfbgs: hotel recommendations needed (1 Viewer)

Clown Car

Footballguy
For my husbands birthday and my daughters birthday/graduation gift,  I’m working on a plan to send them to NYC to see a couple shows and do some touristy stuff. I’m looking for something convenient to subway or walking distance to places to eat, theaters, etc.

Any suggestions? I am thinking may 22-26. 

For my husbands birthday and my daughters birthday/graduation gift,  I’m working on a plan to send them to NYC to see a couple shows and do some touristy stuff. I’m looking for something convenient to subway or walking distance to places to eat, theaters, etc.

Any suggestions? I am thinking may 22-26. 
I stick to Marriotts.........

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycsg-renaissance-new-york-midtown-hotel/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

Le Parker Maridian In 57th and Broadway. 

Its a few blocks away 42nd st/show area but that’s fine.  It’s right at the southern edge of Central Park.  

And there is a hidden burger joint behind a curtain in the back of the lobby that’s awesome.  

Would post this in the NYC thread as that is very active and you will likely get more responses (there is also a ton of advice in that thread already).  Also, how much are you looking to spend as that has a major impact on where you will stay?

I've always found the Bryant park hotel to be a nice combo of location, price, and room.
Was going to recommend this. Cool, modern style in a historic building.  Great location. Great view. Love this hotel, one of my favorite buildings in Manhattan too.

There is a solid Holiday Inn across the river in LIC. Bargain for location. I used to stay there for biz trips and visit the old neighborhood. 

Sohotel — right between Soho and Little Italy (check out the ‘Il Cortile’ restaurant). 

I have to stay in the Midtown / Times Square area for work. Would prefer if I were on vacation to stay further downtown as I find myself down there more often for food, bars etc. Just don’t know the hotels down there. 

For hotels in that area I like both these

Le Parker Maridian In 57th and Broadway. 

Its a few blocks away 42nd st/show area but that’s fine.  It’s right at the southern edge of Central Park.  

And there is a hidden burger joint behind a curtain in the back of the lobby that’s awesome.  
Le Parker was my goto for years until they left SPG. Big rooms for NYC. Not sure if they have kept it up. 

Westin Times Square is also good option in that area. This place has a lot of room types. Most are decent.

I've Air BNB'd the last few times in NYC and had great experiences.  You can find a decent apartment for the cheaper than a hotel and they're all over the city.

There are hotels everywhere in the city now. I wouldn't stay walking distance to Broadway shows/times square- that area is awful (that said- Bryant Park hotel is a nice rec, but I figured it would he pricey).

Parker Meridian is also a spot we staycation at, mostly because it's got an incredible indoor, rooftop pool with great views. 10 blocks from shows and times square (walkalble) and close to central park. Also not my favorite neighborhood.

Subways can get you easily to timesquare from just about everywhere- so I'd agree with others to pick a more fun neighborhood downtown. My hood (lower East side/ East village) now has a million hotels, lots of restaurants and nightlife (bars, clubs, live music). But there are lots of other areas: fidi, nolita, Soho, Tribeca, Chinatown, west village, Greenwich village, meat packing, Union square, Madison square, Chelsea..etc, etc taht all have their own character and charms, and places to stay. Same goes for just across the river in places like Williamsburg Brooklyn or Long island City (queens)

I think it depends on what kind of feel you want for them right around where they'd be staying. Immediate tourist stuff, more local vibe, hipster, artsy, ethnic, etc etc.

A little more info and I can help with the hood. The people that visit will be able to advise about specific hotels better, since we only do a couple here that have pools and occasional great deals (millennium Hilton next to world trade center is the other). My mom stays regularly at a place called Incentra Village in the West village (shes there right now). More rustic and small (no elevator), and has a small kitchenette in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread