What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offense/Defense Contest Week 1 - 2022 Season (1 Viewer)

bro1ncos

IBL Representative
Back for anther year, I will be continuing what was started well before me.

Reminder of how this game works. Each week you pick one offense and one defense. Your score for that week will be your offense score minus your defense score. There are no stipulations that you must pick a different offense/defense during a week (ie. You can pick KC offense and KC defense in same week) as long as your selected team is still available to you. You can get a negative score for a week. You are only allowed to use an offense or defense one time during the season.

Each week I will post the yearly running totals. I will post a weekly thread before the Thursday game(s). I will also try to bump the weekly post regularly and tag any regular player that hasn't submitted teams for that week by Saturday.

If you update your picks during the week, create a new post and indicate it is an update. I cannot guarantee that I will see an edited post if you don't give some sort of notice.

The winner will be the player with highest cumulative score after NFL week 18. In the event of a tie after week 18, the player with the highest individual weekly score will be declared the winner. 2nd tie breaker will be highest individual weekly offense score. 3rd tie breaker will be lowest individual weekly defense score. 4th tie breaker will be a virtual 1000 sided dice roll, with highest roll declared the winner.

@Hot Sauce Guy has graciously again agreed to award the contest winner a 4-pack of his award winning hot sauce and 2nd place gets a 2-pack of sauce. I will cover shipping costs of prizes, but will be limited to the 50 US states only.

Please make your post in some form that makes it easy to determine your selections each week.

Last edited:
In.

USED:
O:
D:

WEEK 1:
O: Indianapolis Colts
D: New Orleans Saints
Did I SAY you could copy and paste my format?!

Haha kidding. Welcome to the contest, don't think you've been in it before. It's a lot of fun and hopefully you stick with it until the end of the year!
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery?

Thanks! You’re right, this is my maiden voyage. I don’t even remember seeing the contest before… haha. I’ll be in it for the long haul. I’ve got nothing better to do.

Not sure if the deadline is before Thursday kickoff but assuming it's okay to post after if not using those teams.

O - Chargers
D - Broncos

I don't recall seeing this in previous seasons, looking forward to it. 👍

Not sure if the deadline is before Thursday kickoff but assuming it's okay to post after if not using those teams.

O - Chargers
D - Broncos

I don't recall seeing this in previous seasons, looking forward to it. 👍
Welcome. And yeah you are good. As long as your team's games haven't kicked off that week.

Users who are viewing this thread