What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Office chair for tall folk (1 Viewer)

tribecalledjeff

Footballguy
I'm 6'6" and when I sit in a typical office chair it kills my lower back because my knees are higher than my hips. Almost every office chair I see has a max adjustable height of 22 inches, some have 23. Any others out there dealing with this and found a seated height of 24? Very specific question, I know. Appreciate any help.

I'm 6'5'' and comfortable fit into an Aeron "C" Size chair. THey are a bit taller/wider than the standard size chairs... don't know off the top of my head what the max height is on it. They also have solid lumbar support, adjustable arm rests, adjustable pan angle, etc.

I'm 6'5'' and comfortable fit into an Aeron "C" Size chair. THey are a bit taller/wider than the standard size chairs... don't know off the top of my head what the max height is on it. They also have solid lumbar support, adjustable arm rests, adjustable pan angle, etc.
I looked at those. They are only adjustable up to 21 inches for seat height, which I find odd given that they say it's for taller people. Glad it works for you and thanks for the response.

You will probably not find a 24" chair and I'd suggest that you wouldn't want one--because at that point the standard desk height is too low. More on that...

What we use in my building is primarily two versions of Knoll seating, Knoll Life and Knoll Bulldog. The one I think you would do best with from your description is the "executive size" Knoll Bulldog--it seems like every year they have a different size back and seat pan and this is the largest. It's the one I've got at my house and though I seem to be getting shorter I used to be larger scale and full 6'4"!

If you still are uncomfortable and want to sit higher then I would look at replacing the main cylinder itself with a longer size. I have not looked into it, but would expect that it would be easier to find than a chair that's designed to sit that high.

At that point you are now concerned with desk height:

We have been experimenting with various standup desk arrangements over the past couple years, primarily consisting of desktop assemblies which raise and lower according to preference. They should be easily changed so you are not locked into any one position all the time. The best one of these was one I set up where we replaced the leg assembly for a work table with a set which cranked the entire desk top up and down--a few inches or a foot or more. I set one of these up for our Graphics Dept because they could then work off the same height as the drafting table if desired and use that chair for both. I can probably find that spec if you need it and it is substantial enough to carry the full load up and down with it.

Whoops--I see cstu has found the chair height and expect there are more. just from the picture I'm not sure of either lumbar support or seat pan but if you're not in it for hours at a time no matter. For all of my ergonomics work my own office arrangement ignores every principle.

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot:

I am only 6'2" and have had trouble finding a chair I can stay comfortable in as well.
"Only".

I'm 6'2" as well, and always played sports growing up so I was always around other bigger, athletic guys. Only years into my adult life have I really realized how big I am compared to most people.

Anyway, I'm in and out of any number of office conference rooms given my job. At our height it can be really hit and miss with chairs that accommodate our height comfortably.

:blackdot:

I am only 6'2" and have had trouble finding a chair I can stay comfortable in as well.
"Only".

I'm 6'2" as well, and always played sports growing up so I was always around other bigger, athletic guys. Only years into my adult life have I really realized how big I am compared to most people.

Anyway, I'm in and out of any number of office conference rooms given my job. At our height it can be really hit and miss with chairs that accommodate our height comfortably.
Oh, I know I'm much taller than most, but the "only" was in comparison to the OP who is 6'6".

Users who are viewing this thread