What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 1.05 pick in 12 team PPR league 2022 redraft (1 Viewer)

finfansteve

Footballguy
Just drew this pick in my $350 redraft .5 PPR league and looking for some insight from those who have already drafted from this slot

like Seriously? I’m looking for some insight here from everyone not “you should draft cooper at 1.05”

I apologize if theres already a redraft thread on this draft slot but I didnt see it when I put it in the search tab

I have 5 too. Full PPR. We start 3 WRs and a flex. I’m almost thinking going WRs 1st 3-4 rounds.

Rd1 Kupp/JJ
Rd2 AJBROWN/Mike Evans
Rd3 Michael Pittman/ MThomas, but now bum hammy

Not sure as of yet

Just drew this pick in my $350 redraft .5 PPR league and looking for some insight from those who have already drafted from this slot
You're at a great spot. Taylor and CMC are out of the question. Just run to the podium to select whichever of Ekeler, JJ, or Kupp fall to you. Likely only 1 of them will, but at least you're guaranteed one of them.

You're at a great spot. Taylor and CMC are out of the question. Just run to the podium to select whichever of Ekeler, JJ, or Kupp fall to you. Likely only 1 of them will, but at least you're guaranteed one of them.
Big Jefferson fan this year. I think he's 2022 version of Kupp, but hard to pass on the 2021 version of Kupp. That would be my toughest decision of any draft is if it came down to Jefferson or Kupp.

Depends a lot on starting line-up requirements. If you start 3 WRs, I would look at Jefferson and Kupp, assuming one of them is there at 5. Chase if they aren't. The only issue with Chase is will the amount of targets be there. I think they will and would take him with confidence at 5 IF you start 3 WRs. If you only start 2 WRs, I would grab Eckler if Jefferson and Kupp are both gone.

This is assuming Taylor and McCaffrey are gone which I'm sure they will be

Big Jefferson fan this year. I think he's 2022 version of Kupp, but hard to pass on the 2021 version of Kupp. That would be my toughest decision of any draft is if it came down to Jefferson or Kupp.
Ya agree but I'd be shocked if he had the choice of both of them at pick 5 in those $350 leagues. Can't really see any tough decision at 5 here unless it goes Taylor cmc JJ kupp and I guess you could make a point that chase vs ekeler is tough but I go ekeler there. Clear top 5 in ppr in my opinion and in those 350 leagues it's unlikely to be any decision at 5.

R1 I take whoever out of Taylor, Ekeler, JJ and Kupp is available without a second thought. If all those have gone, then I guess vomit and then pick CMC then best back available in the second and WR in the third

R1 I take whoever out of Taylor, Ekeler, JJ and Kupp is available without a second thought. If all those have gone, then I guess vomit and then pick CMC then best back available in the second and WR in the third
This might be a personal opinion of yours on cmc, but he has closed the gap between him and Taylor in many (fbg for example) rankings. If cmc is there at 5, smash the draft button on him and be happy.

This might be a personal opinion of yours on cmc, but he has closed the gap between him and Taylor in many (fbg for example) rankings. If cmc is there at 5, smash the draft button on him and be happy.

It absolutely is a personal opinion, if he comes back and stays healthy for a whole season, then great, but I generally avoid players where the injury seal is clearly broken in the first half of the first round unless the value is enormous. I'll let someone else take that risk.

It absolutely is a personal opinion, if he comes back and stays healthy for a whole season, then great, but I generally avoid players where the injury seal is clearly broken in the first half of the first round unless the value is enormous. I'll let someone else take that risk.
Ya I guess that's opinion, but also someone could have the opinion that Taylor would be trash.
In terms of strategy, assuming you like Taylor/CMC/Ekeler/Kupp/JJ in the same tier, then pick 5 is great.

I think at pick 5 - the value would be enormous... he has the ability to be the top RB in fantasy.

I think at pick 5 - the value would be enormous... he has the ability to be the top RB in fantasy.
Exactly. And Taylor/Ekeler/Kupp/JJ are also right in the mix there. 5 is the easiest draft spot of the year in PPR. You just take whicheevr of those 5 make it to you, and its unlikely that 2 of them do.

Depends a lot on starting line-up requirements. If you start 3 WRs, I would look at Jefferson and Kupp, assuming one of them is there at 5. Chase if they aren't. The only issue with Chase is will the amount of targets be there. I think they will and would take him with confidence at 5 IF you start 3 WRs. If you only start 2 WRs, I would grab Eckler if Jefferson and Kupp are both gone.

This is assuming Taylor and McCaffrey are gone which I'm sure they will be
We start
1qb
2 rb
2wr
1 te
1 flex from rb/wr/te

Exactly. And Taylor/Ekeler/Kupp/JJ are also right in the mix there. 5 is the easiest draft spot of the year in PPR. You just take whicheevr of those 5 make it to you, and its unlikely that 2 of them do.
Any of those 5 could easily be the top 5 players this year in Fantasy Football. I think it starts to get a little murky at 6 in PPR. I think your approach is exactly correct - you are also in a great position in round 2 for the Saquon Barkley, Aaron Jones sweepstakes. I'm hoping for the 5 and I'll gladly take CMC and Saquon Barkley as my top 2 RB's. It's risky, but if they stay healthy - you easily win your league.

If kupp is there I might vomit. I can’t stand the guy personally and think last year was a fluke for him
Don't think he will be. If it does somehow go:

Taylor
CMC
Ekeler
Jefferson

Then you have a tough decision to make if you hate Kupp. You could take a shot on Chase if you like him.
Hate is probably too strong a word but Im hoping I have a choice when it’s time to pick. I think ekeler will be the key and hopefully he goes before my pick

If kupp is there I might vomit. I can’t stand the guy personally and think last year was a fluke for him

Taylor
CMC
Ekeler
Jefferson

Then you have a tough decision to make if you hate Kupp. You could take a shot on Chase if you like him.
Hate is probably too strong a word but Im hoping I have a choice when it’s time to pick. I think ekeler will be the key and hopefully he goes before my pick
I'm confused... you WANT Ekeler to go before your pick? That means that you're looking at Kupp (who you don't really want at 5), and someone like Chase/Cook/Harris/Henry.

Taylor
CMC
Ekeler
Jefferson

I'm confused... you WANT Ekeler to go before your pick? That means that you're looking at Kupp (who you don't really want at 5), and someone like Chase/Cook/Harris/Henry.
I think I’m just inclined to take chase or JJ at that slot. I’m not as trusting in ekele, cmc, or kupp but would take cmc if he dropped

Taylor
CMC
Ekeler
Jefferson

I think I’m just inclined to take chase or JJ at that slot. I’m not as trusting in ekele, cmc, or kupp but would take cmc if he dropped
Haha, well if you don't like Ekeler, CMC, or Kupp at 5 (3 of the consensus top 5 guys), then I dunno what to tell ya :P I'd be thrilled with any of those 3 at 5. But rank your top 5 then, I'm assuming its:

Taylor
Jefferson
CMC
X?
X?

I'd love to hear more about why you have such disdain for Cooper Kupp.
I guess I don’t think he’s gonna replicate last year this year and I’m hoping I’m not going to have to make a call on him at 1.05. But then again I’m also looking at ekeler and don’t think he’ll have the season he had last year again this year either so maybe it’s all a moot point

I guess I don’t think he’s gonna replicate last year this year and I’m hoping I’m not going to have to make a call on him at 1.05. But then again I’m also looking at ekeler and don’t think he’ll have the season he had last year again this year either so maybe it’s all a moot point
Kupp got robbed for regular season MVP and went on a mission to win the Super Bowl MVP. I think he still has a axe to grind. My biggest concern is injury.

I pulled this pick in my IDP redraft. Because of the IDP, after round 5 I pulled a couple offensive values that might not be there for you, but the build worked out great through 5:
1.05 - 1-4 was a RB run, so I took my target of Jefferson. I would have been happy with any of the big 3, (JJ, Chase, Kupp in that order due to Kupp’s age/risk of regression) all of whom I believe can provide a big advantage.

2.08 - was hoping for Kamara, Barkley, or Swift. If the RB run continued I would have taken JaWill or a WR, but Barkley made it to me.

3.05 - now I’m hammering WRs. Pitts went at 3.03 giving me either AJB or Higgins. Fortunately I got Higgins.

4.08 - WR Sutton.

5.05 - was planning on WR, but with AJ Dillon on the board and a whole lot of picks between, I went “safe” hoping an IDP run would allow value to fall back to me at the deeper positon

6.08 - Gabe Davis. WR depth/flex play

7.05 - my build plan was to have 4 Wr & 3 RB through 7 if everything went right, making Stevenson an auto-smash here.

8.05 - was gonna wait another round on QB, but 2 teams took a 2nd & 3/4 at the turn still needed one, so I took Russ Wilson.

Again, In D/ST leagues, maybe Sutton, Davis, Stevenson don’t last that long. But maybe they do. :shrug:

Last edited:
12 teamer and drafted at 5 spot. -- We only start 1 RB with 2 WR and 2 flex, so I went WR heavy and also grabbed J. Allen

1.05 - Kupp
2.08 - D. Swift meh
3.05 - J. Allen

4.08 --Sutton

So for me, I don’t have any distain for him, but I did take Chase over him in 1 league & Jefferson over him in 2.

Last year was the first time he’s played 17 games. He’s 29, and the architect of the offense that produced his breakout season is now the coach in Minnesota.

Prior to 2021, Kupp missed games seeimingly every year with injury, and while you can’t predict injury, one can minimize that risk by taking a WR who isn’t 29 years old.

Finally, I hate paying for a career year. I’ve done it in the past and I’ve been burned every time. When drafting Kupp as the WR1 in 2022, you don’t get any of last year’s career highs. The odds of him repeating all, or even any of them, seem low.

Not saying he’s gonna fall off the face of the earth, but if he misses any games this year it’s gonna be awfully hard for him to repeat. It’s gonna be awfully hard for him to repeat even if he stays healthy.

So for me, I don’t have any distain for him, but I did take Chase over him in 1 league & Jefferson over him in 2.

Last year was the first time he’s played 17 games. He’s 29, and the architect of the offense that produced his breakout season is now the coach in Minnesota.

Prior to 2021, Kupp missed games seeimingly every year with injury, and while you can’t predict injury, one can minimize that risk by taking a WR who isn’t 29 years old.

Finally, I hate paying for a career year. I’ve done it in the past and I’ve been burned every time. When drafting Kupp as the WR1 in 2022, you don’t get any of last year’s career highs. The odds of him repeating all, or even any of them, seem low.

Not saying he’s gonna fall off the face of the earth, but if he misses any games this year it’s gonna be awfully hard for him to repeat. It’s gonna be awfully hard for him to repeat even if he stays healthy.
Perfectly said Hot Sauce Guy. Perfectly said. And probably what I meant when I said I didn’t like kupp but you put it better than I did

Just drafted out of the 5 spot in a 10-teamer.

Yahoo gives me a C - not expected to do much LOL
It's because if you follow their rankings and outperform their rankings then you get a good ranking hahahahaha. I never care about that crap. Like everyone just missed out on others q'd up that I was after like Sutton and Gabe Davis. At the 4th pick I had plenty of excellent options. I just like this AJ Dillon and he goes to the Flex start in week 1.

Picks by round

Kupp
Swift
Chubb
Higgins
AJ Dillon
Pierce
Godwin (reach)
Singletary
Wilson
Hopkins
Pickens