What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

Assuming they manage to convict Trump of mishandling federal documents, that bars him from every holding federal office again.

I want him held accountable for his coup, simply barring him from office is aiming too low.

I guess this goes here. Claims proof of the coup attempt. I'm not spending $5 on a book just to be let down though. I do think it's quite possible, likely even, that he's on the right track. However, I doubt this is ever proven in court unless multiple rats flip for deals. Twitter thread is an interesting read nonetheless.
I have no idea what's true or who's lying or whatever. What I do know is it was highly suspect when Trump fired all of those high ranking officials in the Pentagon and installed a bunch of yes men with only a month left in his administration. IIRC, he replaced the top 4 people in the Pentagon with his people after the election.

We always wondered why.

Just got done watching. Excellent!
This is what history will remember and those Republican members of Congress who enabled Trump and went along withe the big lie will definitely be remembered as cowards.

Last edited:
Any idea when the next hearing is?
Haven't seen anything. I am guessing here, but with so many different criminal investigations into him and his "people" I think we'll be seeing a big one towards the end of the month. They have so much evidence against him to sift through now. Plus, as more folks are running scared, I think they're overwhelmed a little with the volume coming in.

One egregious dereliction of duty at a time please

Haven't seen anything. I am guessing here, but with so many different criminal investigations into him and his "people" I think we'll be seeing a big one towards the end of the month. They have so much evidence against him to sift through now. Plus, as more folks are running scared, I think they're overwhelmed a little with the volume coming in.

If the DOJ investigation is going to take a couple weeks off of the stolen and lost classified documents it would be a good time to resume the hearings.

January 6 committee will hold hearing on September 28, chairman says
(CNN)The chairman of the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, on Tuesday said the panel will hold a hearing next week.

Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi said the hearing will take place on September 28 at 1 p.m. ET. As of now, the hearing, which has not been formally announced by the committee, will mark the panel's last until it releases its final report, which is expected by the end of the year.
"I can say that unless something else develops, this hearing at this point is the final hearing. But it's not in stone because things happen," he said.
Thompson said the panel has decided on a hearing topic, but he did not elaborate on what it would be. The theme will be one the panel has not previously explored, he said.

"We have substantial footage of what occurred that we haven't used," he told CNN. "We've had significant witness testimony that we haven't used in other hearings. So this is an opportunity to use some of that material."
The panel has not yet decided whether there will be in-person witnesses, but the chairman said the panel would "shortly" make a decision as to whether witnesses would be involved.
"I'll be chairing the hearing and every member of the committee will have a role," Thompson said.

Brian Tyler Cohen@briantylercohen

The House passes the Presidential Election Reform Act, which reforms the Electoral Count Act, by a vote of 229-203.

Every Democrat voted for the measure. Nine Republicans voted for it; 194 Republicans voted against it.

Not sure if this has been investigated by the Select committee but this story will be running this weekend on 60 minutes. The interview Is with former Republican Congressman Denver Riggleman from Virginia about a telephone call made from a unknown person in the White House to a known rioter when the riot was taking place January 6th.

Not sure if this has been investigated by the Select committee but this story will be running this weekend on 60 minutes. The interview Is with former Republican Congressman Denver Riggleman from Virginia about a telephone call made from a unknown person in the White House to a known rioter when the riot was taking place January 6th.

Quick phone interview. Remember a bunch of cabinet members quit.

Do we think Wednesday's hearing will cover or address the Rigglemen stuff from 60 Minutes? Hard to imagine it won't.

Do we think Wednesday's hearing will cover or address the Rigglemen stuff from 60 Minutes? Hard to imagine it won't.
I'm sure it will be mentioned in some fashion. Saw something today (take with a grain of salt) that it was Meadows who called the insurrectionist.

I'm sure it will be mentioned in some fashion. Saw something today (take with a grain of salt) that it was Meadows who called the insurrectionist.
Seems strange anyone in the White House would use the switch board operator to make the call....why not on their own cell phone?

Seems strange anyone in the White House would use the switch board operator to make the call....why not on their own cell phone?
Because then it's a specific person. This way all they (allegedly) have is "it's coming from inside the house!!!!!!!"

You're right. No one in the previous admin would do anything "strange". BTW- I see now they have a Meadows text, not a call. Still more coming out. Can't wait for tomorrow's public disclosures.

WASHINGTON — The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol has postponed its hearing planned for Wednesday at 1 p.m., citing Hurricane Ian’s advancement on Florida.

The district of Representative Stephanie Murphy, Democrat of Florida and a member of the committee, is in the path of the hurricane.

The committee’s leadership did not announce a new date for the hearing, its first since July. The committee had not yet specified what topics it intended to cover.

“In light of Hurricane Ian bearing down on parts of Florida, we have decided to postpone tomorrow’s proceedings,” Representative Bennie Thompson, Democrat of Mississippi, and Representative Liz Cheney, Republican of Wyoming, said in a statement. “We’re praying for the safety of all those in the storm’s path. The select committee’s investigation goes forward and we will soon announce a date for the postponed proceedings.”

Liz Cheney:

"Why would Americans assume that our Constitution, and institutions of our Republic, are invulnerable to another attack? Why would we assume that they will not falter next time?"

"Our institutions only hold when men and women of good faith make them hold, regardless of the political cost."

Reactions: Neo
Vice Chair Cheney says the Jan. 6 Committee "may ultimately decide to make a series of criminal referrals to the Department of Justice."

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread