What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 10th Pick PPR! (1 Viewer)

Northbound Train

Footballguy
OK, since a few of us have had no luck locating a thread devoted to the 10th pick (12 teams) PPR league I'll get one started. If one does surface mods can feel free to merge the threads!!! PLease keep responses based on 12 team leagues, PPR and industry std scoring (4 pt TDs/QB etc)

10th pick is a very interesting one IMO.

I'll continue to post some results/findings based on mock drafts and hope others do the same.

The last three mocks I've done I've tried completely diff't strategies.

First one I went WR-WR but unfortunately I wasn't logged in and my results never saved. I went A.J Green and on the turn landed Dez. Went RB-RB in rounds 3-4 but can't remember the results...I do remember thinking Wow, this is not ideal at all since the vast majority of solid RBs were long gone.

Next up I went RB-WR and landed Rice at 10 and AJ at 15....I'd honestly take those first two picks come my live draft in a few weeks. Dez went before I selected AJ but gimme a shot at both and I go AJ as my first WR that's available.

Here's a quick rundown of the rest of my entire draft:

1. Ray Rice ~ shady went pick before, I like RR better anyhow
  2. AJ Green ~ CJ + Dez off board (AJ is my #2 WR)
  3. Victor Cruz ~ passed up Roddy, Wes, AJ, Bowe etc)
  4. Montee Ball ~ last RB selected before a 10 RB drought, lots of ?? for this pick
  5. Hakeem Nicks ~ will NOT ever select two WRs from same team, stepped away to answer door and bam, I'm otc
  6. Mark Ingram ~ same here, kind of late with both these picks (do like him to finally breakout though)
  7. Andrew Luck ~ very happy to land Luck here, RGIII went next then big dop off of QBs imo
  8. Miles Austin ~ still performing, love in 8th round
  9. Jared Cook ~ man crush on JC since his draft, breakout yr??
  10. Mikel Leshoure ~
  11. Zac Stacy ~ starter perhaps in R11???
  12. Ryan Broyles ~ great value here, if healthy he can be a PPR monster
  13. DEnarius Moore
  14. TB DST ~ Auto
  15. Randy Bullock ~ Auto
Keep in mind we just go our draft slots so this is early mocking... I'll post my next draft in a few.

Curious to hear thoughts of Ray Rice vs SHady McCoy if both ae available at 10. (assuming Lynch, Richardson and CJ are gone)

What site do you guys use for ADP besides here? I've noticed quite the disparity in ranking from FBG, MDC and FFC

I just can't see how Ray slides to 10 - that's just crazy to me... He's going to put up 60+ recs if not 70-80... What has he done to make people think he's going to fall off so hard?

Sure their team has lost some players, but Ray is still solid and Pierce isn't going to be stealing that much from him...

I went Dez, Marshall, Mcfadden, Witten, Ivory, Mendy, T. Austin, Jennings, RG3. I am pretty happy, just gotta make sure you handcuff and get lucky on the waivers when your rbs go down if you take Wr, Wr.

I have my draft from the 10th spot on Sunday. In my leauge, QBs seem to go really early, so I'm sure I can still land one of the top RBs.

If I had to choose between Rice and McCoy, I'd lean Rice. But you could talk me into McCoy.

For ADP, I like to use FantasyPros. They combine all the info from a bunch of different fantasy sites, so you get more of a bigger picture.

I pick # 10 in my league (modified PPR--I point for every 3 recepts), and I am hoping Calvin falls to me at # 10. If not I have to assume that I am choosing from whoever is left of Rice, Lynch and McCoy. Barring injury, there's no doubt in my mind that by the time I pick, gone will be: Peterson, Foster, Martin, Charles, Spiller, and Richardson. One of: Calvin, Rice, Lynch or McCoy will be there at 10. Fact is, in my 6 point passing TD league, I expect that Rodgers goes in the first 9 picks, and that either the guy with 11/14, or 12/13 picks will grab Brees.

Northbound Train said:
OK, since a few of us have had no luck locating a thread devoted to the 10th pick (12 teams) PPR league I'll get one started. If one does surface mods can feel free to merge the threads!!! PLease keep responses based on 12 team leagues, PPR and industry std scoring (4 pt TDs/QB etc)

10th pick is a very interesting one IMO.

I'll continue to post some results/findings based on mock drafts and hope others do the same.

The last three mocks I've done I've tried completely diff't strategies.

First one I went WR-WR but unfortunately I wasn't logged in and my results never saved. I went A.J Green and on the turn landed Dez. Went RB-RB in rounds 3-4 but can't remember the results...I do remember thinking Wow, this is not ideal at all since the vast majority of solid RBs were long gone.

Next up I went RB-WR and landed Rice at 10 and AJ at 15....I'd honestly take those first two picks come my live draft in a few weeks. Dez went before I selected AJ but gimme a shot at both and I go AJ as my first WR that's available.

Here's a quick rundown of the rest of my entire draft:

1. Ray Rice ~ shady went pick before, I like RR better anyhow
  2. AJ Green ~ CJ + Dez off board (AJ is my #2 WR)
  3. Victor Cruz ~ passed up Roddy, Wes, AJ, Bowe etc)
  4. Montee Ball ~ last RB selected before a 10 RB drought, lots of ?? for this pick
  5. Hakeem Nicks ~ will NOT ever select two WRs from same team, stepped away to answer door and bam, I'm otc
  6. Mark Ingram ~ same here, kind of late with both these picks (do like him to finally breakout though)
  7. Andrew Luck ~ very happy to land Luck here, RGIII went next then big dop off of QBs imo
  8. Miles Austin ~ still performing, love in 8th round
  9. Jared Cook ~ man crush on JC since his draft, breakout yr??
  10. Mikel Leshoure ~
  11. Zac Stacy ~ starter perhaps in R11???
  12. Ryan Broyles ~ great value here, if healthy he can be a PPR monster
  13. DEnarius Moore
  14. TB DST ~ Auto
  15. Randy Bullock ~ Auto
Keep in mind we just go our draft slots so this is early mocking... I'll post my next draft in a few.
What RB's were available when you picked Cruz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last two mocks I've done I landed Richardson and Morris on the turn...I'd be very happy landing two backs that tote the rock quite a bit

I pick # 10 in my league (modified PPR--I point for every 3 recepts), and I am hoping Calvin falls to me at # 10. If not I have to assume that I am choosing from whoever is left of Rice, Lynch and McCoy. Barring injury, there's no doubt in my mind that by the time I pick, gone will be: Peterson, Foster, Martin, Charles, Spiller, and Richardson. One of: Calvin, Rice, Lynch or McCoy will be there at 10. Fact is, in my 6 point passing TD league, I expect that Rodgers goes in the first 9 picks, and that either the guy with 11/14, or 12/13 picks will grab Brees.
I've done about 10 mocks from 10 hole in L3 days...couple notes, Megatron has never nor will I think he will ever be there at 10. Richardson has been there a few times in last couple of days.

Those 10 you listed have gone in some order in EVERY draft I've been a part of...no surprises yet.

Recent Mock:

1. McCoy
  2. Morris
  3. DMC
  4. Welker
  5. Antonio Brown
  6. Cam
  7. Giovani Bernard
  8. Hilton
  9. Tate
  10. Britt
  11. Daniels
  12. Tampa ~ auto from here out
  13. Christine Michael
  14. Bryant
  15. Jeffery

Anyone drafting #10 in FFPC or Football Guys Players Champ? Curious to see everyone's take on the #10 spot with PPR and TE's getting 1.5 PPR
I haven't signed up for all of my FPC leagues yet, so at this point still strategizing generally. I think the #10 spot is pretty nice in the 1.5ppr for TE format as you are guaranteed one of the top 8 RBs or Calvin or Graham. This assumes you are comfortable with the week 12 BYE situation on Spiller/McCoy I suppose.

ETA: Looking at the first exposed draft they did (so not necessarily reflective of where players would go today) you could have had this team from the #10 spot:

Rice

Dez

V-Jax

Vernon Davis

Gio

Cam

DeAngelo

Josh Gordon

Bryce Brown

Michael Floyd

Chris Givens

Fleener

Dwayne Allen

I would feel pretty good with that team other than #2 RB but Gio and Bryce both have upside.

I've done about 10 mocks from 10 hole in L3 days...couple notes, Megatron has never nor will I think he will ever be there at 10. Richardson has been there a few times in last couple of days.

Those 10 you listed have gone in some order in EVERY draft I've been a part of...no surprises yet.
personally, I would love to grab Richardson at 10. I expect to be choosing between Lynch and McCoy. If so, I would take McCoy.

Just started a 0.5ppr (for RB/WR) / 1ppr (TE) draft today and took Graham. Seemed super logical with Calvin Johnson gone and not liking what I saw at RB.... and of course the full PPR for TEs.

Just started a 0.5ppr (for RB/WR) / 1ppr (TE) draft today and took Graham. Seemed super logical with Calvin Johnson gone and not liking what I saw at RB.... and of course the full PPR for TEs.
If you didn't like what you saw at 10 what did you think of the RB sitch in R\rounds 3-4...damn it gets brutal quick. I feel RB at 10 is a must and I'm happy to grab either Lynch, McCoy, Rice or Richardson there and pair them with Forte, CJ or Bush on the turn

If you didn't like what you saw at 10 what did you think of the RB sitch in R\rounds 3-4...damn it gets brutal quick. I feel RB at 10 is a must and I'm happy to grab either Lynch, McCoy, Rice or Richardson there and pair them with Forte, CJ or Bush on the turn
Given the scoring rules, Graham's value is even higher. All of those names were gone except Lynch. I had to make a choice. I'll be absolutely fine with Forte as my RB1 in this league format/size.

I'm in a 10 team, PPR league, which awards 6 points for TD passes. Given this structure, invariably, at least three QB's will go in the first five to six picks. I'll be going RB-RB at the turn, but if guys take RB's and I'm left with choices I'm not thrilled about, I'll contemplate Graham over Calvin at pick #11. I think the difference between Graham and the next tier of TE's, is much greater than CJ and guys like Dez, AJ and Demaryius.

So I had my draft last night from the 10th spot in a 12-team .5 PPR. Here are the results:

1. CJ Spiller

2. Trent Richardson

3. Vincent Jackson

4. Dwayne Bowe

5. Antonio Brown

6. RG3

7. Shane Vereen

8. T.Y. Hilton

9. Eddie Lacy

10. DeAngelo Williams

11. Jordan Cameron

12. Coby Fleener

13. Ryan Broyles

14. Ryan Tannehill

15. Kenbrell Thompkins

16. Randy Bullock

17. St. Louis D

Starting Lineup:

QB - RG3

RB - Spiller, Richardson

WR - VJax, Bowe, Brown

Flex - Hilton/Lacy/Vereen

TE - Cameron

K- Bullock

DST - Rams

Last few mocks I've done Megatron has fell to me at 10 which changes everything as I just couldn't pass him up...

Went Megatron, AJ in one and Megatron, Chris Johnson in the other..

I've noticed that DMC is an option in several mocks in R3 and I'm gambling all day long that he stays healthy and reverts to form of a couple yrs back...if so he could be a huge steal.

What's the thoughts on DMC in R3??

Northbound Train said:
Last few mocks I've done Megatron has fell to me at 10 which changes everything as I just couldn't pass him up...

Went Megatron, AJ in one and Megatron, Chris Johnson in the other..

I've noticed that DMC is an option in several mocks in R3 and I'm gambling all day long that he stays healthy and reverts to form of a couple yrs back...if so he could be a huge steal.

What's the thoughts on DMC in R3??
I don't think he's bad value in the 3rd. Like you said, injuries are definitely a big risk with him. I typically stay away from him because I've been burned in the past.

So I had my draft after 27 mocks from the 10 hole...for the most part I was pleased other than my QB situation. Not what I wanted but I think it'll do.

1:10 Forte ~ passed on Lynch here (Rice went 9th, thought I was going to get him)

2:03 Bush ~ I'm thinking a huge PPR season (passed on Morris, CJ, Dez)

3:10 DMC ~ knew that frustrating SOB would be there to #### with me...couldn't pass up, high risk, super high reward IMO

4:03 Colston ~ Welker and Bowe went on turn, woulda grabbed either, wanted Bowe

5:10 D.Jax

6:03 Britt ~ little high but no chance he gets back to me

7:10 Cook ~ again higher than ADP but he doesn't get back to me and I love this guy

8:03 Wilson ~ all 27 mocks I landed either Luck, Romo or RG III and of course they don't make it to me

9:10 Hopkins

10:03 Vick ~ could be nice surprise here?

11:10 Broyles

12:03 Sudfield

13:10 Joique Bell

14:03 Stacy

15:10 Akers

16:03 Lions DST

I've got the 10 spot in my draft on Friday. I was wondering does anybody like Jimmy Graham in the 2nd round. I was able to get him in the 2nd round from the 7 spot last week. I think he's a no brainer there in the early 2nd. Or is everyone sticking to RB-RB-RB?

Once you pass on RB-RB in first 2 rounds it's a real crapshoot IMO...now if I knew I was getting DMC in the 3rd I'd have went AJ Green or Dez on the turn, still would pass on Graham myself though...

12 team 1 PPR league

Had my local today. Weird draft. Totally unexpected. I never ever go RB heavy. Just represented insane value with some of the picks for a mandatory 2 RB league. I don't expect quite a few of the guys below to be a real accurate gauge with most drafts.

1. (10) Calvin Johnson(Det - WR)

2. (15) C.J. Spiller(Buf - RB)

3. (34) Randall Cobb(GB - WR)

4. (39) David Wilson(NYG - RB)

5. (58) Darren Sproles(NO - RB)

6. (63) Maurice Jones-Drew(Jac - RB)

7. (82) Andrew Luck(Ind - QB)

8. (87) Lamar Miller(Mia - RB)

9. (106) Michael Vick(Phi - QB)

10. (111) Chris Givens(StL - WR)

11. (130) Shane Vereen(NE - RB)

12. (135) Michael Floyd(Ari - WR)

13. (154) Jared Cook(StL - TE)

14. (159) Rueben Randle(NYG - WR)

15. (178) Bobby Wagner(Sea - LB)

16. (183) Ryan Broyles(Det - WR)

17. (202) Bernard Pierce(Bal - RB)

18. (207) Percy Harvin (Sea - WR)

Rbs did come off the board with a run of about 4 QBS in the 2nd rd

I drafted 10th in 12 team 6pt Td Ppr. Start 1 Rb 1 Wr 3 flex Rb/Wr I had every intent on going Wr/Wr but I stay true to my board

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Dez

3. MJD

4. Bowe

5. Stafford

6. Gronk

7. Ty Hilton

8. Steve Johnson

9. Pierce

10. Cordarelle Patterson

11. Sudfeld

12. Patton

13. Hartley

14. Cowboys

Once the big Rb thing happened I kinda kept one eye to my division mates to see how I need my te constructed. But I have to admit had I went WR/WR I would have been SoL at Running back ESP once Wilson went in 2nd rd and Lacy early 4th I love getting MJD in the 3rd rd I think I have good balance. Still don't believe u can chase the Rb run tho because u gonna be short or weaker in 2 areas instead of 1

Had another draft from the 10 spot last night, 12-team PPR. We had a rookie draft before the actual draft and I had the 3rd pick in that.

QB- RG3, Cutler

RB- Richardson, Lacy, Ivory, Woodhead, JBell

WR- Bryant, VJax, Cobb, Givens, LaFell

TE- Gronk, Cameron

K- Bullock

DST- Packers

We start 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 W/R/T, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

Users who are viewing this thread