What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2013 ALCS Red Sox v America's team*** (1 Viewer)

Meh. No matter the team, there are going to be fans that post more if the team they root for is doing well.

Except the Dodgers. Do they even have fans?

How can this even be argued? The guy who hates the Red Sox more than anyone has 3 times more posts than any other "Red Sox fan" in the ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 team thread.

Code:
Who posted in: *** Official 2013 Boston Red Sox ThreadMember name 	PostsRaider Nation 	92the moops 	31Premier 	27Balco 	25shadyridr 	23DA RAIDERS 	21Borat 	21Doctor Detroit 	20Eephus 	19Limp Ditka 	17HellToupee 	12gump 	12David Yudkin 	9Smack Tripper 	9Dr. Awesome 	8wilked 	7Matthias 	7MAC_32 	7JZilla 	7wazoo11 	7[icon] 	6The Flying Elvis 	6Thunderlips 	5fruity pebbles 	5scrumptrulescent 	5Encyclopedia Brown 	4Kraft... 	4Finless 	3Greco 	2Mr. Peterson 	2massraider 	2Captain Hook 	2Wrigley 	2Furious Styles 	2PatsWillWin 	2Captain Quinoa 	1The Comedian 	1Just Win Baby 	1ditkaburgers 	1culdeus 	1The_Man 	1dutch 	1Doug B 	1Da Guru 	1JohnnyRobinsonForCanton 	1TLEF316 	1bosoxs45 	1scoobus 	1madhatter 	1BRONG 	1Abraham 	1curta269 	1wikkidpissah 	1Epic Problem 	1bostonfred 	1Tackling Dummies 	1

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Nation
There is only one "Nation" in sports.

<----------------

The people you are congratulating, with the exception of a select few here, are the biggest fair-weather fans in all the land.
Red Sox fans are dooshy. I wouldn't call them fair weather by any stretch though
I mean FBG Red Sox fans.

You know, the ones posting in here now who we didn't see all spring and summer? Yeah, them.
Only watched two games all year long. :thumbup:

Maybe you and cappy make the thread intolerable so people stay away? Besides me who doesnt give a #### that is

How can this even be argued? The guy who hates the Red Sox more than anyone has 3 times more posts than any other "Red Sox fan" in the ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 team thread.

Who posted in: *** Official 2012 Boston Red Sox ThreadMember name PostsRaider Nation 92the moops 31Premier 27Balco 25shadyridr 23DA RAIDERS 21Borat 21Doctor Detroit 20Eephus 19Limp Ditka 17HellToupee 12gump 12David Yudkin 9Smack Tripper 9Dr. Awesome 8wilked 7Matthias 7MAC_32 7JZilla 7wazoo11 7[icon] 6The Flying Elvis 6Thunderlips 5fruity pebbles 5scrumptrulescent 5Encyclopedia Brown 4Kraft... 4Finless 3Greco 2Mr. Peterson 2massraider 2Captain Hook 2Wrigley 2Furious Styles 2PatsWillWin 2Captain Quinoa 1The Comedian 1Just Win Baby 1ditkaburgers 1culdeus 1The_Man 1dutch 1Doug B 1Da Guru 1JohnnyRobinsonForCanton 1TLEF316 1bosoxs45 1scoobus 1madhatter 1BRONG 1Abraham 1curta269 1wikkidpissah 1Epic Problem 1bostonfred 1Tackling Dummies 1
:shrug:

jack·###
ˈjakˌas/
noun

1. 1.
    a stupid person.

2. 2.
    a male ### or donkey.

Who posted in: *** Official 2012 Boston Red Sox ThreadMember name PostsRaider Nation 92the moops 31Premier 27Balco 25shadyridr 23DA RAIDERS 21Borat 21Doctor Detroit 20Eephus 19Limp Ditka 17HellToupee 12gump 12David Yudkin 9Smack Tripper 9Dr. Awesome 8wilked 7Matthias 7MAC_32 7JZilla 7wazoo11 7[icon] 6The Flying Elvis 6Thunderlips 5fruity pebbles 5scrumptrulescent 5Encyclopedia Brown 4Kraft... 4Finless 3Greco 2Mr. Peterson 2massraider 2Captain Hook 2Wrigley 2Furious Styles 2PatsWillWin 2Captain Quinoa 1The Comedian 1Just Win Baby 1ditkaburgers 1culdeus 1The_Man 1dutch 1Doug B 1Da Guru 1JohnnyRobinsonForCanton 1TLEF316 1bosoxs45 1scoobus 1madhatter 1BRONG 1Abraham 1curta269 1wikkidpissah 1Epic Problem 1bostonfred 1Tackling Dummies 1

jack·###
ˈjakˌas/
noun

1. 1.
    a stupid person.

2. 2.
    a male ### or donkey.
Call me whatever names you'd like. None of you come around until the team is doing well.

Congratulations, SuperFan.

Congrats to Moops and Da Raiders, the only non-frontrunners in the baseball forum. Rockaction and BS seem ok too, start posting more in here. :thumbup:
Thanks, man. I think my sports love has shifted more towards football, but will do.

BTW, I thought Detroit was better. Just...weird. Like some of the Yankee titles.

Congrats to Moops and Da Raiders, the only non-frontrunners in the baseball forum. Rockaction and BS seem ok too, start posting more in here. :thumbup:
Thanks, man. I think my sports love has shifted more towards football, but will do.

BTW, I thought Detroit was better. Just...weird. Like some of the Yankee titles.
Had Detroit won game 2, it was done in 5 games. Detroit is a dumb team though, so them losing doesn't really surprise me to be honest. Anyone who followed them closely this year wasn't surprised by this, Boston is not a team you can half-### it against. Boston is a great team though, lots of timely hitting and good starting pitching along with a crazy good 5 out closer.

Seriously though, that sucks for the Tigers, I had them as the favorites to win it all when the playoffs started, was unaware how serious Miggy's injury problems were (along with Avila).

Dr. D or any other Tiger fans in the know, what do you think the Tigers' offseason plan is? Stand pat for the most part? There's not really any major holes to fill outside of the bullpen and maybe LF, and I don't know how much money they've got to spend after all the big contracts recently.

Red Sox vs Cardinals for it all, should be a good series, guess I'm leaning slightly towards the Cardinals although I don't really dislike either team.

jack·###

ˈjakˌas/

noun

a stupid person.

a male ### or donkey.
Call me whatever names you'd like. None of you come around until the team is doing well.

Congratulations, SuperFan.
Lol!

YOURE NOT A REAL FAN!

YOU DONT POST ENOUGH IN THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

Dude, I pay for extra innings every year, I probably watch 60-75 games a year in entirety. Has been this way since roughly the mid 80s. Certainly not super fan status but it's cute that some of you nerds get so worked up about message board posting volume as a barometer for cred. :lol:

My wife summed it up after the last out when she said "I am almost glad this is over..this has been a hard series to watch" Of course I would have loved to see a JV-Lackey rematch today just for the electricity,

Usually I hate the RedSox but not this Sox team. Without a Manny of years past there is not much to hate about a team of grinders. Other than the stupid beards and jerri curl they seem like decent guys as well. I like how Victorino always gives the nod to the starter his first time up..like OK..let do this.

As far as the Tigers go I now realize what DD meant when he said that Prince Fielder was just not a good fit for this team...before Mr. I stepped in. Fielders baseball IQ seems very low, although he does hustle he lacks intensity. Fielder should have went balls out and knocked over the catcher "If needed" to score instead of stopping more than halfway down the line and belly flopping 4 feet short of 3B like a beached whale. They were destroying Fielder over this play on The MLB Network. 7 more seasons. I hope he gets it together but he looked shell-shocked this series.

All Leyland was talking about was how his slick move to put Don Kelly in LF saved the Tigers a couple of runs..nobody knows that for sure. I still hate the fact that Max was taken out twice with the game on the line, and twice the Tigers lost. Leyland claims that Max says he was done. I have never known any elite starter that begs out of a game..even Lackey fights tooth and nail to stay in games. This was as frustrating of a series that I have ever watched. Worse than the World Series last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
. I still hate the fact that Max was taken out twice with the game on the line, and twice the Tigers lost. Leyland claims that Max says he was done. I have never known any elite starter that begs out of a game..even Lackey fights tooth and nail to stay in games. This was as frustration of a series that I have ever watched. Worse than the World Series last year.
If that was the case & Max did ask out 99% of the managers would protect him & say it was the mgrs call

. I still hate the fact that Max was taken out twice with the game on the line, and twice the Tigers lost. Leyland claims that Max says he was done. I have never known of any elite starter that begs out of a game..even Lackey fights tooth and nail to stay in games. This was as frustrating of a series that I have ever watched. Worse than the World Series last year.
If that was the case & Max did ask out 99% of the managers would protect him & say it was the mgrs call
We will never know. Just can`t see Verlander saying he is done after 7. Whatever the case there is plenty of time to rest now.

I am really hungover. Ouch

Hadn't Veras pitched very well this postseason? Not sure you can throw too much blame Leylands way

Users who are viewing this thread