What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2013 ALCS Red Sox v America's team*** (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Scherzer

Sanchez

JV

Fister

Rinse and repeat. All the talking heads and cockaction have Red Sux in 5, go with that. Tigers have zero shot, won't even bother posting a "pole."

:bye:

Scherzer

Sanchez

JV

Fister

Rinse and repeat. All the talking heads and cockaction have Red Sux in 5, go with that. Tigers have zero shot, won't even bother posting a "pole."

:bye:
Heh. This is actually what I posted for friends a few hours ago, before Detroit even won. ( In all seriousness, I think your top two starters are unanswerable, and it will be our depth 1-4, our ability to hopefully work counts, plus our pen that keeps us around.)

It was always coming down to the two best teams in the American League. I don't know if we can match up with Scherzer and Verlander twice. Scary. But Cabrera, despite the home run, looks like a shell of himself. If Fielder and Martinez get hot, look out. We no have answer for that. Our 3-4-5 can't match theirs.

It's Boston in five or tigers in six or seven, if we get back to our horses it's going to be very hard to beat us.

Tigers are rolling now. Tigers in 6. I want to see a Tigers/Dodgers series just to see a potential Verlander/Kershaw matchup. :shock:

I like the fact that Detroit was still able to take down a very good A's team despite Cabrera mostly struggling, Austin Jackson being lost, and Fielder doing nothing. If those three come back even a little bit...

Max Scherzer 2 starts, 14 IP, 1-1, 2.57 ERA, 14 Ks, 3 BB
Justin Verlander 1 start, 5 IP, 0-0, 7.20 ERA, 4 Ks, 3 BB
Anibal Sanchez Did not face Sox
Doug Fister 2 starts, 10 1/3 IP, 1-1, 5.23 ERA, 4 Ks, 5 BB

Lester 2 starts, 12 2/3 IP, 2-0, 4.26 ERA, 12 Ks, 3 BB

Lackey 2 starts, 14 1/3 IP, 0-1, 3.14 ERA, 10 Ks, 2 BB

Buchholz did not face Tigers in 13

Peavy 1 start, 7 IP, 1-0, 5.14 ERA, 7 Ks, 2 BBs

Jackson has to be removed from the leadoff spot. Not only if he having troubling getting on base..he can`t even make contact with the ball.

Peralta has to be in the lineup even if that means Iggy is on the pine..he is looking very solid at the plate right now.

Will Fielder ever hit a post season HR? Or hit with any power? The time is now for Fielder to start earning his paycheck.

V-Mart is getting the best ABs on the team..but he has been doing that for a couple of months now.

Verlander made a statement last night..hard to believe watching JV pitch last night that he struggled so many times during the regular season. It blew me away seeing his PC after the 6th inning. So many times this year he was in the mid 40s after 2.

Should be a good matchup. I can't believe anyone would say Tigers have no chance. They have Miguel ####### Cabrera.

My two bit analysis

SP - advantage Tigers. I don't have faith in Lackey, Buchholz has looked okay, but he takes too many pitches to get guys out. Peavy looked like a bull dog out there against the Rays, I like that. I just prefer Scherzer and Verlander with two starts, and I think Sanchez and Fister are solid enough.

RP - advantage Red Sox. Sox bullpen can do work, and they have a bunch of arms. If it stays tight late, I'd prefer the Red Sox bullpen.

Offense - wash. Middle of Tigers lineup is obviously awesome, but Red Sox from 1-9 just wear down pitchers. Last game against the Rays they worked 8 walks and 2 hbp, vs. no free passes for the Rays. To me this looks like Tigers will get some runs with xbh's/homers while Red Sox will just try to get runs by getting runners on base and moving them around the base paths.

Defense - Red Sox. Red Sox defense is pretty solid all over the field.

My prediction - Winner of this series wins the World Series. Red Sox in 6.

Jackson has to be removed from the leadoff spot. Not only if he having troubling getting on base..he can`t even make contact with the ball.

Peralta has to be in the lineup even if that means Iggy is on the pine..he is looking very solid at the plate right now.

Will Fielder ever hit a post season HR? Or hit with any power? The time is now for Fielder to start earning his paycheck.

V-Mart is getting the best ABs on the team..but he has been doing that for a couple of months now.

Verlander made a statement last night..hard to believe watching JV pitch last night that he struggled so many times during the regular season. It blew me away seeing his PC after the 6th inning. So many times this year he was in the mid 40s after 2.
agree on Austin, bat him nine and put Omar one until proven otherwise.can't play peralta at short with fister, maybe when the other three are pitching though. I hope they do some work with him against the green monster and see if that is an option. Range less important, need to know the angles though.

Should be a good matchup. I can't believe anyone would say Tigers have no chance. They have Miguel ####### Cabrera.

My two bit analysis

SP - advantage Tigers. I don't have faith in Lackey, Buchholz has looked okay, but he takes too many pitches to get guys out. Peavy looked like a bull dog out there against the Rays, I like that. I just prefer Scherzer and Verlander with two starts, and I think Sanchez and Fister are solid enough.

RP - advantage Red Sox. Sox bullpen can do work, and they have a bunch of arms. If it stays tight late, I'd prefer the Red Sox bullpen.

Offense - wash. Middle of Tigers lineup is obviously awesome, but Red Sox from 1-9 just wear down pitchers. Last game against the Rays they worked 8 walks and 2 hbp, vs. no free passes for the Rays. To me this looks like Tigers will get some runs with xbh's/homers while Red Sox will just try to get runs by getting runners on base and moving them around the base paths.

I prefer our defense when Avila and iglesias are in there.

MAC_32 said:
Da Guru said:

agree on Austin, bat him nine and put Omar one until proven otherwise.can't play peralta at short with fister, maybe when the other three are pitching though. I hope they do some work with him against the green monster and see if that is an option. Range less important, need to know the angles though.
How many balls has Peralta fielded if LF so far?

What shocked me is Verlander was pulled after only 111 pitches....should have let him go until 125-130 the way he was throwing. He deserved a complete game. Bonoit did his job except he made it a lot more exciting of a game than it needed to be.

What shocked me is Verlander was pulled after only 111 pitches....should have let him go until 125-130 the way he was throwing. He deserved a complete game. Bonoit did his job except he made it a lot more exciting of a game than it needed to be.
Verlander admitted to Leyland after the 8th that he was gassed. Said he could maybe get through a 1-2-3 inning but didn't think he had enough gas to get through a jam.

When a pitcher admits that he's gassed, you pull him. No doubt.

Sox in 6. The Red Sox advantages in this series (deeper bullpen, better defense, more speed on basepaths) tend to show up as factors in the postseason.

The way I see it is if Manny Ramirez can play LF at Fenway, anyone can. With Peralta's noodle arm it might actually the best LF scenario he'll ever get.

Red Sox -128 in Vegas, I think that's about right. I actually thought it might be -140.

I think we'll see more Porcello in this series.

The way I see it is if Manny Ramirez can play LF at Fenway, anyone can. With Peralta's noodle arm it might actually the best LF scenario he'll ever get.

Red Sox -128 in Vegas, I think that's about right. I actually thought it might be -140.

did you see Sean Rodriguez attempt at playing left field in Fenway?

did you see Sean Rodriguez attempt at playing left field in Fenway?
Playing balls off of the Monster is always a problem for LFs without a lot of Fenway experience. It's been part of the Sox' home field advantage for a century.

But aside from the wall, the other parts of fielding the OF (e.g. covering the line and gaps, getting the ball back in) are easier in Fenway than in a park with a large LF.

Total crapshoot, just like every other playoff series. There is no tried and true formula in the playoffs, so I'm just gonna sit back, enjoy the ride, and avoid sports radio like the plague (two recent topics: Fielder is too friendly with other players at first base and there is something wrong with Dombrowski wearing a green tie last night).

MAC_32 said:
guru_007 said:

My two bit analysis

igelsias is a late inning defensive replacement now Im guessing.

Total crapshoot, just like every other playoff series. There is no tried and true formula in the playoffs, so I'm just gonna sit back, enjoy the ride, and avoid sports radio like the plague (two recent topics: Fielder is too friendly with other players at first base and there is something wrong with Dombrowski wearing a green tie last night).
you have to admit it was an odd color choice.

you have to admit it was an odd color choice.
On the surface, but I heard (no idea if true) that he was wearing the exact same outfit last night that he did during the walk-off win over the A's earlier this season.

MAC_32 said:
Da Guru said:

I don't think he has had any challenging plays, has he?

he was losing his location in the eighth.

MAC_32 said:
guru_007 said:

My two bit analysis

igelsias is a late inning defensive replacement now Im guessing.
hope not.We're best off letting peralta have an adventure in lf.

I would hope Iglesias plays quite a bit, but mixing and matching will be appropriate. I would think he starts at Short game 1 with Peralta in LF.

MAC_32 said:
Da Guru said:

I don't think he has had any challenging plays, has he?
IIRC he had a pop fly and then tried to throw someone out at home during game 3 and it was a 12 hopper worm killer to home

Big fan of both of the series featuring classic teams.

Crazy that the Tigers and Sox have never met in the playoffs before.
Didn't they both used to be in the old AL East together?

But yea, weird they haven't met in the 20 years since.
yes the Tigers and Red Sox were in the old AL East.

seems like the Tigers since they have been decent pretty much play Oakland and the NYY every year.

Iglesias will in fact start at SS in game one, Peralta said he expects to play LF. Phil Coke on ALCS roster which in itself wouldnt mean much, except we all know Leyland will use him in a tough spot. :X

Red Sox crush RH pitching, Tigers rolling out all RH starters.
As true as that might be it didn't stop the Tigers from winning 4 of 7 during the season series. All RH starters.
Key is that Miggy/JV/Max needs to show up the RH pitching not going to matter. I mean the tigers are loaded with MVP/a triple crown player and Cy young winners or who will be Cy young winners after this year(Max)

Joe West is brutal, ugh. Those two pitches to Drew were so far in the strikezone, they almost got Avila preggo.

Gotta think the Sox need this game. Or at least need to score at least a few runs in a loss. Can't feel good getting shutout then having to face Max and Verlander

Users who are viewing this thread