What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2013 World Series Champs, Boston Red Sox*** (1 Viewer)

I'm happy they hit the reset button. That LA deal last year was a God Send. I like most of the signings going into this year as they should be able to sell some off at the trade deadline this year. No with all of that being said I think this team is ticketed for last place in the AL east. Hopefully the veterans do well enough to keep them out of the cellar and the young-ins do well enough to give us hope for 2015 and beyond.

Ok, maybe this season I'll actually have the discipline to check into this forum/thread.

For those that are interested, I have a couple spots left in my Red Sox Squares pool.

Think Super Bowl squares but for the Red Sox games

Rules are on the blog

PM me if you're interested :thumbup:

Ok, maybe this season I'll actually have the discipline to check into this forum/thread.

For those that are interested, I have a couple spots left in my Red Sox Squares pool.

Think Super Bowl squares but for the Red Sox games

Rules are on the blog

PM me if you're interested :thumbup:
#### it why not :)

PM Me the address to send the $20 to.

Sox fans are the best. Dude calls up WEEI today and says that Lackey is going to win 25 games and run away with the Cy Young award, and Jackie Bradley is going to hit .400, or close to it. :thumbup:

I think they cut him off before his prediction of 78 home runs by Middlebrooks.

Great first at bat by JBJ... goes down 0-2 vs Sabathia in his first MLB at bat then battles back to take the walk... then aggressive baserunning to beat the throw by Nunez for an all-safe, run scoring play. Couple plays later and he scores. :thumbup:

EDIT:Youk's stellar Defense bites us in the ### now that he's on the dark side :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sox fans are the best. Dude calls up WEEI today and says that Lackey is going to win 25 games and run away with the Cy Young award, and Jackie Bradley is going to hit .400, or close to it. :thumbup:

EEI is the worst sports station in the world. Lackey will be lucky to win 2.5 games.

EEI is the worst sports station in the world. Lackey will be lucky to win 2.5 games.
:yes:

I used to try to tune in via TuneIn app... but I can't stand it.

I'M TELLING YA BIG O.... ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS BAT JBJ CLEANUP AND TRADE LACKEY AND BAILEY TO THE DODGERS FOR KERSHAW AND WE WIN THE EAST BY 17 GAMES.

Sox looks good today, but Sabathia's velocity wasn't there and the only person on the Yankees that is fatter than him is Joba.

Nice to see Bradley show some patience at the plate and not press too much in his debut. He looked good in the field too, but I can't wait to see how he handles LF in Fenway.

Oh and that Ellsbury fella is still good :thumbup:

This morning a guy says that Iglesias isn't going to get 3 hits every game. I'm kind of torn on that

I'm curious to see which Buchholz shows up today. Hopefully it's the good one and the Sox can start off 2-0 vs. the Yanks!

Also looking forward to 3 more hits from Iglesias

Kuroda chased fom the game in the 2nd after reaching up to try to catch a comebacker with his pitching hand.

He lost a lot of control, hit a coule batters including Nava with the based loaded

Tough matchup with Dubront against Josh Johnson in Toronto today. Hope the Sox bring their bats with them

Iglesias is currently tied for most hits in the AL, pretty sure he'll keep that up

Can someone explain to me why Toronto has Josh Johnson pitching 3rd in the rotation? I can see the argument for playing #2 behind the reigning NL Cy Young winner, but behind Brandon Marrow?

Seeing on Twitter that Lackey left game in 5th, grabbing elbow and arm kind of just dangling. They're saying it doesn't look good at all.

:blackdot:

Damn shame the sell out streak ended tonight. It would have been great to have as many fans as possible packed in there to witness this

That was terrible. Those are the sorts of games that you have to win. Hanrahan was brutal in the 9th - I know he got squeezed a bit in some at bats, but you can't be that bad :hot:

I know Farrell apparently did a horrible job in Toronto but he seems like he is an answer, atleast for now, for the Sox. I don't think baseball managers "managing" ability is terribly important but more so their ability to create an atmosphere with the players and so far so good for the Red Sox. It also looks like his returned has helped the pitching staff out a lot.

I know Farrell apparently did a horrible job in Toronto but he seems like he is an answer, at least for now, for the Sox. I don't think baseball managers "managing" ability is terribly important but more so their ability to create an atmosphere with the players and so far so good for the Red Sox. It also looks like his returned has helped the pitching staff out a lot.
Of course. There are bench coaches for the day-to-day teaching.A manager's biggest strength is NOT being a douchebag.

Caught a few of Boston's better prospects in Lynchburg yesterday (High A Salem). They pounded a terrible Hillcats team and 3B Garin Cecchini hit the longest HR I've ever seen at that stadium. Murdered it. He later added a double, 2 walks and a SB.

Looks like you might have a nice option coming along if Middlebrooks is just a poor man's Mark Reynolds (and that's pretty offensive to Mr. Reynolds until Middlebrooks shows some power over a full season and starts taking walks from time to time).

No idea how good Kyle Stroup is or what his prospect status was pre-injury, but the Hillcat bats looked a little overmatched yesterday. That's a big fella that throws pretty hard. He only walked 2, but he seemed to struggle with his command quite often (a better lineup would've probably drawn more walks). He almost caused Single A brawl plunking Elmer Reyes in the back (though, the way he was pitching, I don't think he meant to).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda feel like a narcissist asking this but anyone know if the game tonite at Fenway is gonna take place considering everything going on in the city?

The Boston Bruins called off their morning skate and tonight’s baseball game between the Red Sox and Kansas City Royals remains in limbo as the citywide lockdown and manhunt for the Boston Marathon bomber continue.

Personnel typically start arriving at the ballpark for a night game around 1 p.m., with players and others coming in anywhere between that time and roughly 3 p.m., so it’s getting close to the time at which a decision must be made.

And that’ a decision that will be made by city officials, according to Red Sox chief operating officer Sam Kennedy, although it seems extremely unlikely that the game will be played.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/04/19/boston-marathon-explosions-live-updates-3/#liveblog-entry-13376

Bartolo Colon is probably going to beat us tonight. It's freezing out here today. I'll be watching the Celtics.

2 HRs tonight for David Ross. I really like Ross. Great backup catcher who can handle the pitchers well and seems to be a good locker room guy.

Users who are viewing this thread