What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2019 High End Starters Getting Lit the Hell Up Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Can't drop 'em.  Can't get decent return on a trade.  I hate to even sit 'em.

Just have to sit tight and hope regression to the mean works in either direction.

Not that JA Happ is by any means a high end starter but he went from a very serviceable starter the last few years to a flaming pile of dog ####.

Not that JA Happ is by any means a high end starter but he went from a very serviceable starter the last few years to a flaming pile of dog ####.
Happ is usually on the WW by May - i never draft him but always pick him up. Ervin Santana was the same way when he was good.

As to the issue, it's all proof that load mgmt is more load than mgmt. All coddling leads to is further coddling. Can't train pitchers up to a season, just to a start, but nobody wants to just hope for the best and only hope they last when they're paying them what they do.

wikkidpissah said:
Happ is usually on the WW by May - i never draft him but always pick him up. Ervin Santana was the same way when he was good.

As to the issue, it's all proof that load mgmt is more load than mgmt. All coddling leads to is further coddling. Can't train pitchers up to a season, just to a start, but nobody wants to just hope for the best and only hope they last when they're paying them what they do.
I would love it if I could get Happ on the waiver wire in May.  Since 2015, he's a mid 3.5 era getting around 8-9 K/9.  While not elite, how is a guy like that on the waiver wire?  He should be a solid # 3 fantasy starter for most teams (this year excluded of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love it if I could get Happ on the waiver wire in May.  Since 2015, he's a mid 3.5 era getting around 8-9 K/9.  While not elite, how is a guy like that on the waiver wire?  He should be a solid # 3 fantasy starter for most teams (this year excluded of course).
Have you seen what he is done this year?  He is sitting on my bench until further notice. Not going to drop him yet but won’t let him destroy my ratios anymore. 

Have you seen what he is done this year?  He is sitting on my bench until further notice. Not going to drop him yet but won’t let him destroy my ratios anymore. 
Did you not read the end of my post (“this year excluded”)?  Obviously my response was to the poster’s ludicrous claim that a player like Happ was on the waiver wire in previous years.

Chris Sale gave up 4 runs in 5 innings to lower his ERA on the season to 8.50.

Carrasco and his 12.60 ERA faces the Mariners who have a home run in every game this season, anyone daring to start him?

Buehler and his 8.25 ERA faces Cincy. 

Not quite high end but Eovaldi (8.40) vs. Happ (8.76) is another interesting one. 

On the flip side, the elite matchup based on early season performance may somehow be Samardzija (1.62) vs. Hellickson (2.25)

In other words, there's a ton of regression coming, hopefully it starts today. 

Yu Darvish's toe emerges from the grave
I kinda hope the wind is blowing out at Wrigley Sunday, so I can talk myself out of starting him.  Sure, he was playable the last two, but you didn't get out of the 6th inning and yielded 3 HR + 4 BB to Miami and Pittsburgh.

Users who are viewing this thread