So I am certainly biased -- every fan is going to complain the refs are always blowing calls that should have gone their way.https://sports.yahoo.com/gruden-nfl-apologized-blown-call-raiders-loss-233926049--nfl.html
Gruden said he got an apology call from NFL officiating chief Al Riveron, but was frustrated nothing could have been done at the time to rectify the mistake after seeing other calls this year get changed in New York.
''Why don't you stop the game and get the clock right? I don't think it was even close,'' Gruden said. ''So, I'm not happy about it. Apologies are great, but this is 2020, we've been in enough meetings and I'm disgusted by it.''
But truly honest question, has there been a team that's been more visibly screwed by the refs than the Raiders?
- Immaculate Deception, as Frenchy touched it first.
- 1977 AFC Championship Game vs Broncos -- Rob Lytle fumbles but it remains a called TD
- Louis Murphy catches an uncharacteristically fantastic pass from JaWalrus, and is inexplicably called back
- Tuck Rule. NFL changes the rule it was such a bad call
- Using a bloody index card to determine first down
- This nonsense, capping a year full of nonsense -- inexplicable laundry, phantom holds, at least two roughing the passers when the tackler visibly was making every effort to fall on himself not the QB....
By the way I am totally not averse to the Raiders drafting a QB -- regardless of how you feel about Carr, NFL teams always need a succession plan. But I'd argue that this year, with what seems to be such a thin QB class, I wouldn't be spending a high pick this year on one.