What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* 2021 Survivor Pool Thread (1 Viewer)

I may be rolling BALT this week.  

A not so good Pitt team vs DET coming of a bye seems like a trap game to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Used SF, Cle, Den, Cin, (NE, TB; double pick week), KC, GB, LAR, and Ind

Likely Pit @ home vs. Det this week (little future value seems too enticing to pass up, Det coming off bye or not).

737 left in a pool of 9370, so getting to the nitty gritty.

Possible path forward:

Week 11: TEN v HOU
Week 12: DAL v LV
Week 13: ARI at CHI
Week 14: LAC v NYG

If I make it this far, double picks begin for each week (for sure in week 15; depending on number of entrants left after that). Will have to noodle on that later:)

Is there strategy change when it's down to 2 players? That's the scenario I find myself in. I'm looking at the teams other guy has left and his choices are slimmer than mine in terms of better future matchups. We both have Ravens available and I'm thinking for him it's by far the most obvious play. Should I also take them which means I can't win it this week (assuming he takes them too) but then makes next week's choice difference for us even better from my perspective. In our pool if both final teams pick wrong it moves on to the next week. 

Or am I way other thinking this? Lol. I was leaning Steelers as well initially. 

My go-to strategy of picking whoever is playing the Texans has hit a snag, thanks to their bye week.  

I have six solid choices this week.

I'll save BUF until I see their offense bounce back from last week's debacle.

I like TB and IND, but looking ahead a bit ( risky I know ), I think they are best saved for weeks 12 and 13, respectively.  Really thin weeks for survivor pools.

I think it's this week or never, for those wanting to use PIT.  Guess it's "never" for me, because I'm passing.  ;)   The Lions are going to win one eventually, and this is one of their better shots coming off their bye week.  

That leaves BAL and DAL.  I'd be happy with either, but I'm going with the Cowboys at home coming off a loss, facing a Falcons team that just eked out a win over their key divisional rival.  Ripe for a Falcons letdown? 

As a bonus, saving the Ravens neatly avoids Thursday Night Football weirdness.

Good luck, all.

After the Thursday night game we are down to 10 teams. Last week was an absolute massacre that I barely survived with my Pitt pick. This week I currently have Arizona as my pick, but debating going with Dallas.  

In finals and other guy picked baltimore. I thought I was locked in with Pitt bit big Ben injury has me worried now. Roll bills or Tampa out there for all the marbles instead? 

Down to 2 in our 70 person pool.  

Bucs and Titans are the two I'm focusing on throughout the week. 

Down to 2 in our 70 person pool.  

Bucs and Titans are the two I'm focusing on throughout the week. 
Tenn just seems due for a letdown after the run they have been on.  I would have no problem taking TB at home after that clunker last week.  

is CLE @ home vs DET a wise decision?  Debating between them and TENN.  I feel like I can use TENN later (if I make it as they play JAX, MIA and HOU in weeks 14, 17 and 18.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable with any of the other games left on the CLE docket. 

Only concern is DET will win one game this year...and if it could be this one? ?

is CLE @ home vs DET a wise decision?  Debating between them and TENN.  I feel like I can use TENN later (if I make it as they play JAX, MIA and HOU in weeks 14, 17 and 18.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable with any of the other games left on the CLE docket. 

Only concern is DET will win one game this year...and if it could be this one? ?
I think Detroit may peek ahead to the Thanksgiving game.  I would consider Cleveland if Chubb plays.

I'm taking TEN. 

If Itl need to make a decision on a CLE/DET type game, I wait till I have to.  Later in the year, maybe some games present themselves that you didn't think would be good picks. 

Also, update because you guys all care:

7 guys left: 15 grand prize 

366 left:  700 grand prize

• Smile
Reactions: jbz
I'm taking TEN. 

If Itl need to make a decision on a CLE/DET type game, I wait till I have to.  Later in the year, maybe some games present themselves that you didn't think would be good picks. 

Also, update because you guys all care:

7 guys left: 15 grand prize 

366 left:  700 grand prize
I do follow the big Vegas pools, pretty interesting actually.  There are a few in Circa that have multiple entries alive. I like theirs because it forces you to play a thanksgiving game, so there is strategy in holding back teams that play next Thursday.  

What the standard tip for the organizer of your survivor pool?  If you get money do you give a straight percentage (if so, how much).  Would you adjust based on how big of a prize pool?  The organizer had multiple entries in the pool (they've all been eliminated), I'm not sure if he got those for free vs paid his entry like everyone else.

Currently down to the final 5 in my pool.  $25k pot.  We agreed to split $2,500 to each team and we'll battle it out for the remaining half.

1)If you walk with only $2,500 how much are you tipping?

2)If you walk with $15k how much are you tipping?

What the standard tip for the organizer of your survivor pool?  If you get money do you give a straight percentage (if so, how much).  Would you adjust based on how big of a prize pool?  The organizer had multiple entries in the pool (they've all been eliminated), I'm not sure if he got those for free vs paid his entry like everyone else.

Currently down to the final 5 in my pool.  $25k pot.  We agreed to split $2,500 to each team and we'll battle it out for the remaining half.

The ones I do, organizer takes 10%

Something like this, I don't want to leave a gratuity. And I come from a world of tipping.

Take what makes it worth your while, if I think it's too much I won't play. Organizer should not rely on the kindness of strangers. 

Really like to take CLE today, with Detroit starting a tackling dummy at QB, but i have been burned wagering on these "who is the worse team" contests in survivor before. 

Our pool is over as of this week.  Two players left and the picks were TEN and BAL.  This year's winner was knocked out in week 1 last year.

Wow.  Largely through luck, I am one of only two surviving out of 146 original entries in my pool.  :boxing:

For months, I've been looking ahead and dreading week 12 as a tough survivor week.  My usual method of picking on the Lions, Texans, or Jets is no slam dunk this time out, due to their weak opponents.  Even the Jaguars are only up against the Falcons.

I had saved the Buccaneers for this week, but the Colts appear to be playing their best football right now.  

I have the Ravens available, but due to pool rules our picks will all lock at noon tomorrow, 24 hours before first game of the week.  This is no time to gamble on Jackson's return from illness.

I still have the Bills, but after last week?  Nope.

I think I'm down to one of:

Patriots hosting Titans
Eagles at Giants 
Falcons at Jaguars  -- ugh, that would be gutsy.

I have NFL Game Pass, and would typically review compressed replays of recent game for my potential picks.  Just don't have the time this compressed week.  I have barely watched the Patriots or Eagles all season.   :unsure:

Hey Shark Pool, can I count on the Patriots in this situation?

Wow.  Largely through luck, I am one of only two surviving out of 146 original entries in my pool.  :boxing:

For months, I've been looking ahead and dreading week 12 as a tough survivor week.  My usual method of picking on the Lions, Texans, or Jets is no slam dunk this time out, due to their weak opponents.  Even the Jaguars are only up against the Falcons.

I had saved the Buccaneers for this week, but the Colts appear to be playing their best football right now.  

I have the Ravens available, but due to pool rules our picks will all lock at noon tomorrow, 24 hours before first game of the week.  This is no time to gamble on Jackson's return from illness.

I still have the Bills, but after last week?  Nope.

I think I'm down to one of:

Patriots hosting Titans
Eagles at Giants 
Falcons at Jaguars  -- ugh, that would be gutsy.

I have NFL Game Pass, and would typically review compressed replays of recent game for my potential picks.  Just don't have the time this compressed week.  I have barely watched the Patriots or Eagles all season.   :unsure:

Hey Shark Pool, can I count on the Patriots in this situation?
I am thinking of rolling with the Eagles or Ravens this week  (leaning more towards Philly eve w/ it being and away game and hoping Hurts balls out).  NE vs TENN is a tough one.  I've used NE but even if I didn't, I'd be leary going against TENN.  I realize w/out Derek Henry it hurts TENN but they are still a competent team with good coaching.

I'm one of two left.  I have narrowed my selection down to either the Ravens or Texans. I am not overly confident with either pick. I'm assuming my opponent will be rolling with the Patriots. Final prize money is $30,000 so I'm sure it will be a sleepless evening for me.

Our final pool prize $$$ is 30,000

If I happen to win $3,000 to pool commish and $500 on the bar for drinks.

I'm one of two left.  I have narrowed my selection down to either the Ravens or Texans. I am not overly confident with either pick. I'm assuming my opponent will be rolling with the Patriots. Final prize money is $30,000 so I'm sure it will be a sleepless evening for me.
The Texans have knocked me out twice in last few years. 

If you pull the trigger with them, Godspeed, man. 

Of course this was the kiss of death.  Took the Titans last week and was knocked out.  Tipped the organizer 10% since he didn't charge any fees or get any free entries into the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread