What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2022 Breeders Cup Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Looks to be a great Breeders Cup weekend. Full fields on Friday with the juveniles and then the big guns come out on Saturday. Keeneland should be in fine form with mid 70's both days and sunny. Flightline is just a monster and I think he airs again. Perfectly drawn outside Life is Good. Let's win some $$$!!

$6 million Breeders' Cup Classic, 1 1/4 miles
1. Taiba, M. Smith, 8-1
2. Life Is Good, I. Ortiz Jr., 6-1
3. Happy Saver, J. Velazquez, 30-1
4. Flightline, F. Prat, 3-5
5. Hot Rod Charlie, T. Gaffalione, 15-1
6. Epicenter, J. Rosario, 5-1
7. Olympiad, J. Alvarado, 10-1
8. Rich Strike, S. Leon, 20-1

Last edited:
I’ll be at a wedding Saturday afternoon/evening

😢
If your goal is just to watch the races without spoilers, my routine when I can't watch live is:
  • Go to bloodhorse.com on my phone
  • Squint, so I can't read the article headlines
  • Scroll down the list of videos that are available (usually available within an hour or two of the race)
  • Stop squinting, so I can select the video I want from the list

If you practice a bit beforehand, you should be able to watch the video without the results getting spoiled about 90% of the time (occasionally I accidentally see the headlines, or the video isn't up yet and clicking on the race just shows the results).

Just realized that this is probably completely stupid and that I probably have the entire broadcast available on demand on tv, but haven't ever tried.

I’ll be at a wedding Saturday afternoon/evening

😢
If your goal is just to watch the races without spoilers, my routine when I can't watch live is:
  • Go to bloodhorse.com on my phone
  • Squint, so I can't read the article headlines
  • Scroll down the list of videos that are available (usually available within an hour or two of the race)
  • Stop squinting, so I can select the video I want from the list

If you practice a bit beforehand, you should be able to watch the video without the results getting spoiled about 90% of the time (occasionally I accidentally see the headlines, or the video isn't up yet and clicking on the race just shows the results).

Just realized that this is probably completely stupid and that I probably have the entire broadcast available on demand on tv, but haven't ever tried.
Thanks

I’m not sure what my plan is yet. I think I’m going to put some bets in in the morning, dvr the whole thing and watch when I get home

Some early observations for Friday. I had it in the back of my mind that the Euros dominate turf racing at the Breeders Cup - on Saturday. But not with the juveniles. While they can run 1-2-3 in the grass races on Saturday I'm going to toss all of them tomorrow in the win slot. I'll handicap other races in the morning.

Juvenile Turf Sprint - No changing my mind on this race. I love #2 Love Reigns. Wesley Ward won this race 3 years in a row and nobody is better with turf sprinters. Has won easily twice on turf including by almost 10 lengths in a maiden race right there at Keeneland. Tactical speed so should have no traffic issues. Irad Ortiz too. So good. I'm a little nervous because it just looks too obvious. 4-1 would be a gift.

Juvenile Fillies - Tough race, but I like #7 Chop Chop. 4-1. Cox/Rosario. Had some trouble last race and came flying. Great final work. Plenty of speed to set it up. Think he fires and inhales them down the lane. #3 And Tell Me Nolies is interesting. Won last 2 in So Cal, including after stumbling at the start in last. Good style. Miller can surprise at a price. #14 Raging Sea can get a piece. Prat/Chad Brown. Would like her more but bad post. Win bet on Chop Chop for sure then I'll box her in some exotics.

Juvenile Filly Turf - I'm leaning towards #9 Delight. Won the Jessamine easily last out which has proven to be a great prep for this race. Big field too. While most of these want to come off it, she has speed. Saez has a great chance to take them wire to wire at 6-1. I do think the #10 Meditate is a good Euro and has tactical speed. Good chance these 2 go 1-2 all the way around. O'Brien seems concerned with the distance though she's won at 7F, should get this. But I'll do a pretty sizable win bet on Delight and hope she wires em. Will play Meditate in the 2nd/3rd holes.

Last edited:
Speed so far. Nobody really rallying in the first two races. Tempers me a bit on Chop Chop unless I see someone coming off it in the next few.

turf sprint, boxing 2-6-9-10. i don’t want to bet the 10, off dirt and onto turf with a class bump, but i keep checking the PPs and can’t seem to think maybe i catch lightning. small win on 10 here too.

turf sprint, boxing 2-6-9-10. i don’t want to bet the 10, off dirt and onto turf with a class bump, but i keep checking the PPs and can’t seem to think maybe i catch lightning. small win on 10 here too.
not even close, start of a likely theme

Way off on the first one. Love Reigns really didn't run a step after losing the lead. Appleby is just unreal. And when he pairs with Buick he's 90%. I think they are 9-11 or 9-12 in the States in the last year. On to the next one. Still sticking with the 7 but I'm uneasy with the speed bias, have exactas as well. Good luck all

in the juvenile, i have the 3 and 4 in the pick 3, 2nd leg. i keyed the 3 with a bunch of boners. hoping baffert needles this horse with roids in the paddock.

Had 4-1 straight, got nosed. Dominating day for the Euros. 4 was much the best and got trapped. Oh well. On to tomorrow!

Looks to be a great Breeders Cup weekend. Full fields on Friday with the juveniles and then the big guns come out on Saturday. Keeneland should be in fine form with mid 70's both days and sunny. Flightline is just a monster and I think he airs again. Perfectly drawn outside Life is Good. Let's win some $$$!!

1. Taiba, M. Smith, 8-1
I usually try to beat the favorite but this #4 looks too tough.

A race for 2nd with #1 my choice to complete the 4/1 exacta.

I had a 24 hour timeout yesterday 🙄 so I couldn’t post my picks. That was lucky for anyone here because they all sucked

Today is a new day !!

Supposedly Baffert has the next coming of Secretariat in the first , I’m going to try to beat him with a small win bet on the 6 Fashion King

Ran well last time, bit of a tough trip, Gaffalione is riding as good as anyone right now

Hit the first one I played but keyed Golden Pal in the last. Sure looked like the handler had his reigns when he threw his head. Oh well. On to next. Good luck all!

Keying Elite Power here. $50win. $20 boxes with Jackie’s Warrior and Kimari. Small exactas with Manny Wah and Aloha West. Fading Jackie’s Warrior a bit as horses in their last races don’t fire often.

Good win bet but missed the exotics. Didn’t have CZ rocket. Had Jackie’s Warrior and Manny Wah in exactas and tris. Would have been huge. Damn it

Edit - should have had CZ rocket in there. 2 wins and a second in 3 races at Keeneland. Bummer

Last edited:
Modern Games - too tough IMO. Spread $20 exotics and tris to Smooth Like Straight, Ivar, Regal Glory, Order of Australia, Annapolis and Domestic Spending. $5 reverse. $1 tri’s with Modern games first and second to all others listed

Nice job by Chad Brown running a horse, who hadn't run in like 440 days, straight into the Breeder's Cup. Horse never made it into the stretch, broke down on the far turn.

Tip of the hat to Keeneland as well, for allowing it.

Think this is 3 horse race. Obviously Nest is super right now and Malathaat is 3-3 at Keeneland. But Society could get a dream trip and looks to be very very good. Only loss was in Breeders Cup last year and she stumbled out of the gate. Not sure if she’ll be good enough at the 1/16 pole but we’ll see. $20 exacta box 1-6-8. $5 tri box same 3.

only real thing to do in the classic is throw out flightline. i’ll key life is good on top of the rest and maybe the distance or track or fitness is affected.

1. Taiba, M. Smith, 8-1
I usually try to beat the favorite but this #4 looks too tough.

A race for 2nd with #1 my choice to complete the 4/1 exacta.
I'll stick with this, hoping for a clean race.

So so much speed in this race. Flightline should win and kill all of the other speed. But I’m going to take some shots in case he somehow gets late too. The 2 closers are Rich Strike and Epicenter. Going to box those 2 with Flightline and a smaller box themselves in case this falls apart

Users who are viewing this thread