What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (3 Viewers)

Wait, some people really think TCU will or still could get in over Alabama? That's cute.

The thought of UGA, UM, OSU, Bama makes me want to puke, but that's what's going to happen.
Nope. 2 loss Bama is O-U-T OUT OUT OUT.

Maybe....but how will the committee justify not putting OSU at #3, which means they play Michigan? Georgia and Michigan are locks at #1 and #2.

Are they really going to keep TCU at #3? USC is out. OSU is in. Bama and TCU are a toss up. But Bama can't leapfrog OSU. Kind of a cluster. What is probably should be by the eye teat is Georgia vs. Bama and Mich. vs. OSU.....but nobody really wants that.

Maybe....but how will the committee justify not putting OSU at #3, which means they play Michigan? Georgia and Michigan are locks at #1 and #2.
Easy. OSU got blown out in their last game and TCU lost in overtime by 3 in their conference championship game. I don't see that as very controversial. :shrug:

So I’m still honestly baffled. Kelly flat out refused to practice special teams during the week while coaching ND. It’s as if all of his chips were perpetually in the other two phases while still employing one of the highest paid ST coaches in the country.

Now he goes to LSU and brings the same guy with him and makes him literally the highest paid ST coach (that only coaches ST and isn’t also an AH or other title) and they look like they never still practice ST. Does he think it’ll happen via osmosis? It’s mind boggling he cannot see how it costs his teams.

Easy. OSU got blown out in their last game and TCU lost in overtime by 3 in their conference championship game. I don't see that as very controversial. :shrug:
This.
It was a 4 point game at halftime and 8 points with 7:23 left in the game. They totally sucked the last 8th of the game but that shouldn't penalize them after being undefeated to that point. They should be in somewhere. They probably won't care if it's 3 or 4. Have to win 2 games for the title. Doesn't matter what opponent comes first.

There doesn’t really need to be justification for OSU at 4. I’d be perfectly fine if they outright said there isn’t much between the teams and we put OSU at 4 to avoid a rematch.

This.
It was a 4 point game at halftime and 8 points with 7:23 left in the game. They totally sucked the last 8th of the game but that shouldn't penalize them after being undefeated to that point. They should be in somewhere. They probably won't care if it's 3 or 4. Have to win 2 games for the title. Doesn't matter what opponent comes first.
OSU will be in. The discussion was originally about the seeding and keeping TCU at #3. (Hard to see original comments in quotes with new software).

There doesn’t really need to be justification for OSU at 4. I’d be perfectly fine if they outright said there isn’t much between the teams and we put OSU at 4 to avoid a rematch.
I say do the rematch. Then, only one Big 10 team can get to the Championship. They don't really want the possibility of an all Big 10 championship, do they?.

I say do the rematch. Then, only one Big 10 team can get to the Championship. They don't really want the possibility of an all Big 10 championship, do they?.
If they are both able to win their semis I think it’d be awesome

God help us.

Give me KState over Bama in the Sugar Bowl, please, so I can once again bet against a disinterested Saban team.

Of all the assistants, Kirby is the closest to Saban obviously based on results…but so similar now onfield.

We had multiple SEC only finals. Let’s have an all B1G one for a change.

Dabo such a donkey for not starting Klubnik way earlier in the year. Shot himself in the foot and cost them a Playoff spot.

Surprised how far DJU has regressed over the years. So many were wrong about him and his NFL prospects, though I remember his “pro comparison” as a prospect was JaMarcus Russell.

Klubnik was the real deal as a local kid here in high school. Something tells me he’ll make it.

Surprised how far DJU has regressed over the years. So many were wrong about him and his NFL prospects, though I remember his “pro comparison” as a prospect was JaMarcus Russell.

Klubnik was the real deal as a local kid here in high school. Something tells me he’ll make it.

He's not much worse - if at all - of a runner than DJ, and he's MILES more accurate as a passer right now.

To go back to the Alabama vs. TCU discussion. The reason I still think Bama has a good chance to get in is the argument for OSU over USC is close enough to Bama over TCU that the committee can just say they are dropping USC and TCU and moving the next two up. I’m maybe at 55/45 - TCU/Alabama.

And that’s my guess as to what will happen, not what I would.

It is going to be Alabama. TCU's big wins are against 6-6 OU and 7-5 OSU.

For a non conference champion to be selected they need to be clearly one of the top 4 teams. That just isn't TCU.

Users who are viewing this thread