What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 Denver Bronco thread-- Well, there is always next year.... (1 Viewer)

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here is that Payton has already started building his staff, and reportedly has Fangio lined up as DC. I assume that won't hold if Payton goes to Denver. That could make the Denver job less appealing to Payton than others.

Remember, it's not just that New Orleans and another team have to agree on trade terms for Payton... Payton also has to agree that he wants to go to that team. Otherwise, he can just sit out another year.

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach.​

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, following the team's blowout loss to the Rams, of all teams. Paton said the team would interview defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero for the head coaching position after Evero turned down the interim job this week. Broncos officials reportedly believe Russell Wilson is "fixable" and view him as a long-term solution at quarterback -- a good thing considering his contract makes Wilson untradeable. It's yet to be seen if the Broncos will recruit other former high-ranking government officials to find someone who can fix Wilson. :ROFLMAO:

People here in So Cal are saying that if Chargers get eliminated early then Payton is the natural fit for LAC. OC played under Payton. Fangio scheme is what they run now. and Herbert is a great prize for a coach like Payton. We’ll see

Broncos general manager George Paton said the team would consult Condoleezza Rice in its search for a new head coach.​

In a cringe-worthy Tuesday press conference, Paton said everyone in the Broncos organization would be evaluated in the season's final two weeks. Rice, part of the team's ownership, would help guide the team's search for a new head coach after Denver dismissed Nathaniel Hackett on Monday, following the team's blowout loss to the Rams, of all teams. Paton said the team would interview defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero for the head coaching position after Evero turned down the interim job this week. Broncos officials reportedly believe Russell Wilson is "fixable" and view him as a long-term solution at quarterback -- a good thing considering his contract makes Wilson untradeable. It's yet to be seen if the Broncos will recruit other former high-ranking government officials to find someone who can fix Wilson. :ROFLMAO:
Condoleezza is a good friend of Jim Harboughs. They worked together at Stanford. I think he would be the top prize if she was able to lure him to the Broncos. He currently makes 7.6 million at Michigan. The Broncos could double or even triple that. Harbough has shown interest recently to come back to the NFL. Denver wouldn’t have to give up any draft capital for him.

I think going nuclear should be on the table here. Keep the handful of young defenders and offensive linemen that could play a part in the future and then wipe the books. Have the worst team in NFL history in 2023, eating all the cap charges of those that don't remain, and then go into 2024 with Caleb Williams. a few remaining building blocks and a ton of cap space.

Denver Broncos CEO and co-owner Greg Penner said the team's next head coach will report directly to him, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network

big red flag
Paton is a dead man walking. The Broncos are going after a big fish regarding a head coach. They will be offering a lot of money and a lot of power. I would suspect the new coach to have final say on all roster moves. If they retain Paton's services he will be third in the pecking order.

I think going nuclear should be on the table here. Keep the handful of young defenders and offensive linemen that could play a part in the future and then wipe the books. Have the worst team in NFL history in 2023, eating all the cap charges of those that don't remain, and then go into 2024 with Caleb Williams. a few remaining building blocks and a ton of cap space.
I would love it if I knew it would work. I'd be terrified that we would screw it up like the Jets did when they got second place and had to settle for Wilson instead of Lawrence.

People here in So Cal are saying that if Chargers get eliminated early then Payton is the natural fit for LAC. OC played under Payton. Fangio scheme is what they run now. and Herbert is a great prize for a coach like Payton. We’ll see

The Chargers head coach is going nowhere now that they are guaranteed a winning record and playoff berth. And the OC you reference (Lombardi) seems almost certain to be fired. IMO Payton will have to find another job if he wants to coach in 2023.

Jim Harbaugh and Russ.

:tfp::tfp:
I’m hoping Russ isn’t in the Broncos long term plans anymore. By long term I mean gone after the 2023 season. My biggest fear is Denver gets healthy and with competent coaching wins 8 or 9 games with average boring play from Wilson. I would prefer just sucking next year and moving on from this putz. I’m hoping for a collision between Wilson and the new coach. I’m hoping Wilson gets humiliated and put in his place.

I think there is maybe a 3% chance that Wilson ends up being the guy they traded for. It could happen. I’d say at this point it’s a 50/50 chance that Wilson ends up just a slightly above average to average QB. Either way I don’t want him. I never did. I’ve always preferred drafting and developing a QB. There are some good ones coming out in the next few years.

Lots going on with the 2023 Broncos, that the Pool ought to be discussing. You Broncosguys want to start a new Thread, or continue with this one?

VJ should be fired immediately.

I'm not one to jump to snap decisions - I may have been the last one to jump on the "Fire Hackett" wagon last year, but I've seen enough.

This performance was sooo bad. And it's not like things were great vs Vegas or Washington, or VJ was some highly coveted mastermind. And now his D gave up 70.

I expected Hill to get his. Broncos were missing 3 of top 4 safeties coming into a game against an offense like this - yeah we are giving up points. But Tua was never pressured and threw into wide open windows every throw. Well, at least Broncos sold out to stop the run, right? Nah, 350 yards allowed on the ground, at an 8.1 YPC clip. WTF?

This was a systemic collapse from an uninspired team who was putting in minimum effort. Heads have to roll.

Can any Broncos fans tell me what happened to Patrick Surtain II? This guy looked like he was going to be a lockdown corner for 10 years coming out of college. I have not seen him play this year, but his stats look abhorrent and I can not find any news on injuries. Can someone give their take on what is going on with him?

So glad the Broncos didn't knee-jerk react to the pitchfork mob earlier in the year and fire Vance Joseph.

Such a class act...and that defense has been playing lights out since the first KC game.

Last edited:
Six sacks and a INT in Week 14 @ the Chargers...sure would like to see if D/ST Broncos can improve on that in the rematch this week, playing at home.

Users who are viewing this thread