What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (2 Viewers)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Time to kick things off with the Sentry Tournament of Champions  at Kapalua.

As the name implies, it's a small field limited to 2021 winners. Kapalua, like coffee, is for closers.

Big news on the TV front is that extended PGA Tour coverage has moved from NBC Sports Gold to ESPN+.

For example, first round TV  coverage today starts at 6PM Eastern on Golf channel but ESPN+ has featured group coverage starting at 215 pm Eastern

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Back, Boys! It’s like ya hardly left!

Heard on “Inside The Ropes,” today that “arm anchoring” is being reviewed. Guys like Bryson, Kuch, Webb, Will Zalatoris could be in a world of hurt if that move gets banned.

The cutaways they keep showing of the ladies surfing during this tournament deserve their own thread. Holy moly. Very talented. 

scary story about Steve stricker

http://glfdig.st/2VBP50Hpasf

Wow. What the heck? Weird.

"at Whistling Straits in September at the Ryder Cup, told D'Amato that what began as a bad cough and sore throat in mid-October changed into something “far worse.” After a COVID-19 test came back negative on Oct. 23..."

So he had the symptoms but the first test came back negative.  Then what?  The mysterious illness.  Out of nowhere.

He says he went hunting, but came back and didn't feel right, temp hitting 103.  Weeks in the hospital.  Heart rate at 160 for two hours at one point.  Other serious issues like liver, peeing Pepsi.  Obviously spiraling at times, going back and forth, in and out of the hospital for over a month it sounds like.

Then his only real explanation of the ordeal is that the Ryder Cup may have affected his immune system?  He's 54.  How far and taxing is Whistling Straits?  I haven't heard that one from others on the Champions Tour, or is that a thing?

"Stricker does not know what caused his illness although said that the Ryder Cup could be part of the problem. “It’s a letdown, right, after that happens? And then your immune system is probably down,” Stricker says. “It probably played a role in it somehow.”

Stricker says he’s still on no-activity orders and is only able to walk short distances. He has lost more than 25 pounds throughout the ordeal."

I'm miffed they don't know more about his mysterious illness.  During Covid.  Couldn't they at least rule it out, or say as much in the article?  Was he vax'd?  Just say it dude, what's to hide?$

So one negative in October at the very beginning of the whole ordeal.  Nothing addressing Covid after that.  He had to be testing negative that next month for it to be so "mysterious", correct?  Why not address it and at least try and rule it out?  The only mention is the initial test, which is not a conclusive thing.  The rest is just a mystery?  

So vague.  I googled other articles thinking this was just a blurb and maybe there's more to the story, but I didn't find anything.  Somebody here I'm sure can offer more on it.  Scary ####.

There are a ton of things besides Covid that can kill you. The fact that he went hunting made me wonder if Lyme disease was involved. Also I thought maybe he had a reaction to a medicine they gave him. And if he tests positive,  is he in the hospital with something else but also has Covid?

Not a doctor, but the article to me suggests a combination of problems including but not limited to stress of Ryder cup captain.

There are a ton of things besides Covid that can kill you. The fact that he went hunting made me wonder if Lyme disease was involved. Also I thought maybe he had a reaction to a medicine they gave him. And if he tests positive,  is he in the hospital with something else but also has Covid?

Not a doctor, but the article to me suggests a combination of problems including but not limited to stress of Ryder cup captain.
I had lyme disease - it sucks

Watching those guys dismantle Kapalua was really something.  The course is not as easy as they made it look.  Also, would love to play it with no wind like that.  Never been my experience.

heads up for DFS players - play starts at Torrey Pines on Wednesday this week. They're trying to avoid NFL conflict so it's WED-SAT

I will never understand why all the weirdos in the crowd run to stand over the ball when these guys hit a wayward tee shot.  

It's so strange. Have you never seen a golf ball in thick grass before? 

I will never understand why all the weirdos in the crowd run to stand over the ball when these guys hit a wayward tee shot.  

As a formal marshall, it's the ####### worst

Only time I'd be in favor of the death penalty

I’ll play devils advocate here. 1) it’s a way to get close to players. Unless you are squeezed in at a tee box it’s hard to see players take full swings up close 2) you really see their skills when in trouble. Stock 8 iron from the fairway? Big deal unless it’s Jason Day dunking one for an eagle like today. But if a guy has to bend one 40 yards around a tree it’s amazing to see. 

I’ll play devils advocate here. 1) it’s a way to get close to players. Unless you are squeezed in at a tee box it’s hard to see players take full swings up close 2) you really see their skills when in trouble. Stock 8 iron from the fairway? Big deal unless it’s Jason Day dunking one for an eagle like today. But if a guy has to bend one 40 yards around a tree it’s amazing to see. 
You're dead to me.

"Weirdo" is vastly underutilized in today's society.

That's all fine and good but you know you won't be standing 6" from the ball. Now we have to move everyone and jerks won't move until the player gets there. Hrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread