What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official 2022 Senate Elections Thread***** (1 Viewer)

I am genuinely shocked at how much stock you guys put in debates. It's completely baffling. The ONLY way I ever watch a debate ever again is they inject all the participants with truth serum before they take the stage.

Not a good look. :doh:
And now his son is putting him on blast
won't matter to the Trumpers.
Certainly possible. But this is reminding me a little of when I was living in NYC in 2000 as Rudy was preparing to run against Hillary. He was going through a very public divorce and was also diagnosed with prostate cancer. I remember thinking, "Dude, forget about politics and take some time to get your #### together." That's how I feel about Herschel right now.

Not a good look. :doh:
And now his son is putting him on blast
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1577145661962784770?s=20&t=lgMKndX07JohAeUAZxRi-A :lmao:
People say that Walker paying for girlfriends abortion when he claims abortion is murder makes him a hypocrite. But he actually threatened to murder other members of his family who had already been born. So the claims of hypocrisy don’t add up.

Agreed and didn’t realize this was happening.

Tim Ryan would be a good national candidate for the Dems TBH.
The 2020 Democratic primary electorate disagreed with you.

How much the DSSC should be funding his Senate race is a tricky question. He really is the perfect Dem candidate for OH, and Vance is a particularly weak candidate. But OH is increasingly a red state, and we've also seen far too many examples in recent years of Dems in red states seemingly running close or ahead, only to get absolutely trounced on Election Day

Agreed and didn’t realize this was happening.

Tim Ryan would be a good national candidate for the Dems TBH.
The 2020 Democratic primary electorate disagreed with you.

How much the DSSC should be funding his Senate race is a tricky question. He really is the perfect Dem candidate for OH, and Vance is a particularly weak candidate. But OH is increasingly a red state, and we've also seen far too many examples in recent years of Dems in red states seemingly running close or ahead, only to get absolutely trounced on Election Day
Right. Him, Michael Bennet, Hickenlooper couldn't get any traction. We get stuck with choosing between Bernie or Biden.

Amid all the talk of Oz and Herschel, let’s not overlook the fact that Blake Masters in Arizona is truly awful:
Arizona Senate candidate Blake Masters said if elected he will only vote for judges who commit to overturning the 1965 Griswold v. Connecticut decision which ended laws that banned birth control.

That case helped establish the basic right to privacy.

Ron Johnson is such a turd. And here I thought it was Joe Biden and the democrats who are trying to divide us

Moderators - tell us something admirable about the other.
Lt. Gov Mandela Barnes (D) said Sen. Ron Johnson (R) is a "family man."
Ron Johnson said Barnes is also "a family man" but is "against America."
from the guy who,spent the 4th of July with Putin. But boff sides!!

It's interesting to see some big picture trends from recent weeks. Based on the 538 averages, there's definitely been some movement back to the GOP. Johnson may be pulling away in WI. NV has tightened a lot, to the point where Cortez-Masto may be behind. PA has tightened a little, though Fetterman is still a pretty heavy favorite. Meanwhile, two key Western governor's races (AZ/NV) have also become pure 50/50 toss-ups.

What's interesting is the races that haven't tightened. PA-Gov has grown less competitive, which can likely be explained by the fact that the GOP candidate is a nutjob-among-nutjobs and also has no money. Warnock's lead in GA was starting to tighten but has since grown, which can be explained by (gesticulates wildly).

The one really interesting outlier is AZ-Sen. Mark Kelly's lead has grown steadily over the past few months and has seen no dip, even as the governor's race in his state has tightened. Maybe it's because Kelly is a more compelling candidate, maybe it's because Masters isn't. But it's definitely an outlier.

Ron Johnson is such a turd. And here I thought it was Joe Biden and the democrats who are trying to divide us

I'm glad the crowd booed him. That kind of conduct deserves to be booed.

Ron Johnson opens up 6 point lead against the tax dodger, "Defund the Police" and "Security for me, but not for thee" candidate, Barnes:

6 point lead:

"Security for me, but not for thee":

Case anyone missed this. Ron Johnson: turd
Low class for sure

Ron Johnson opens up 6 point lead against the tax dodger, "Defund the Police" and "Security for me, but not for thee" candidate, Barnes:

6 point lead:

Defund the police...doesn't seem he really supports that...his actual advocacy has been without such a label but about reallocating funds to reform police work to what it should be (not handling things social workers can...things that don't require showing up armed and so on).

Also...even beyond that...not sure why anyone would celebrate someone like Ron Johnson winning any election...what is it you support about him (try without mentioning democrats but what is it about him you support?)

So are we setting up for Evan McMullin to be the most powerful man in America? It's certainly plausible right now.

When Republicans hold a significant lead in generic polling, that is really bad for Democrats, especially when it is the NYT and CNN doing the polling...​

Republicans hold new polling advantage for taking back Congress: NYT poll

BY BRAD DRESS 10/17/22 08:34 AM ET

Republicans hold a 4-point advantage over Democrats with the midterm elections less than a month away, according to a New York Times-Siena College poll published Monday.
About 49 percent of likely voters said they would back the GOP nominee, while 45 percent said they would support a Democratic candidate.

6 point lead:

Defund the police...doesn't seem he really supports that...his actual advocacy has been without such a label but about reallocating funds to reform police work to what it should be (not handling things social workers can...things that don't require showing up armed and so on).

Also...even beyond that...not sure why anyone would celebrate someone like Ron Johnson winning any election...what is it you support about him (try without mentioning democrats but what is it about him you support?)
Ron Johnson was the one vote on the Trump tax plan that held out for pass through entities to get equal tax treatment to other corporations. Personally I'll always be indebted to him for that.

When Republicans hold a significant lead in generic polling, that is really bad for Democrats, especially when it is the NYT and CNN doing the polling...​

Republicans hold a 4-point advantage over Democrats with the midterm elections less than a month away, according to a New York Times-Siena College poll published Monday.
About 49 percent of likely voters said they would back the GOP nominee, while 45 percent said they would support a Democratic candidate.
Its really hard to see the Republicans not be up by at least 15 seats in the House . Some of these recent polls are showing momentum towards the GOP. Makes sense, most voters are going to hold the Dems accountable for the economy and crime. Can the Republicans win though enough races with a few of these candidates? GA and Pennsylvania look questionable for them.

Its really hard to see the Republicans not be up by at least 15 seats in the House . Some of these recent polls are showing momentum towards the GOP. Makes sense, most voters are going to hold the Dems accountable for the economy and crime. Can the Republicans win though enough races with a few of these candidates? GA and Pennsylvania look questionable for them.

Candidates matter, but with these generic numbers it should be enough to put GA and PA in GOP hands.

Candidates matter, but with these generic numbers it should be enough to put GA and PA in GOP hands.
What are the latest polls in PA showing?

I do see Hershel has narrowed the gap in Georgia, but still trails by a few points.

What are the latest polls in PA showing?

I do see Hershel has narrowed the gap in Georgia, but still trails by a few points.

It showed about a 2 point race a week ago.

It should make a difference, but these are some very bad candidates

In the futures markets Oz has surpassed Fetterman as a favorite for the first time. It's hard for me to Oz as a favorite, but it's hard to see either of these guys as a favorite. I guess one has to win.

Users who are viewing this thread