What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2024 Golf Thread, pick up the pace, HCP be a changing *** (1 Viewer)

Well good new bad news so far this year.

Bad
Started out with a couple monsters numbers to start the season.
Back is flaring up, had to cut out my golfforever until i finally go to a doctor - not hitting the ball as far because of it also topping/thinning shots because I can't turn through the ball

That being said the Good
On a whole playing a lot more consistent
Not my old good swing but I'm scrapping together numbers that are clustered 79-83 are my last 5 rounds. And many of those rounds its 3 or 4 skulls/tops that cost me, or for some reason my putter lets me down.
Scrambling a lot more but recovering well
Bunker game has been lights out since i made an adjustment

That is all
What'd you adjust?
Got a little deeper in my legs

Bad
Back is flaring up, had to cut out my golfforever until i finally go to a doctor - not hitting the ball as far because of it also topping/thinning shots because I can't turn through the ball

That being said the Good
Not my old good swing but I'm scrapping together numbers that are clustered 79-83 are my last 5 rounds. And many of those rounds its 3 or 4 skulls/tops that cost me, or for some reason my putter lets me down.

That is all
What'd you adjust?
Like squatting down more? Digging more into the sand?

I am genuinely curious because bunker play is one of those areas of the game that seems to inexplicably come and go for me. In other words, I'll look like Scheffler or Phil for a month or two, then, despite me not presumably not changing my approach or technique, I'll struggle for a couple months to even get plays within 15 feet of the hole and my goal at times is simply just to get it out and on the green and eat the likely bogey.

I'm currently experiencing the latter despite the other aspects of my game all functioning pretty good right now. :bag:

Last lesson was a gigantic unlock for me. Legit added like 50+ yards to my drives. Went out for the "early bird special back 9" with my wife at 6:30 this morning and there are 7 driver holes. I think I had my best drive ever on the hole (and I've played this course like 30+ times in the past year) on 5 of the holes. Two par 5s and I had a shot 200 into the pin on both (now, over water, needs a perfect 3H from me, so I just took a 9i to a 54 on both for GIRs and pars, but still!!) for first time ever. I probably averaged 250-275 today driving. Basically, the coach worked with me on takeaway going much more shallow and back, and it's allowing me to create way more draw which when I do it right is adding like 10 yards to irons and has taken my 200-220 drives and turned them into real drives.

Two weeks ago every drive was either 200 yards straight, 200 yards dead pulled left, or a huge banana slice off to the right. Now? OMG it's amazing. This beautiful like 240+ carry slight draw that rolls and rolls down the fairway.

With no warmup and an above average number of balls in the water (50/50 unlucky vs I was stupid and can't aim or didn't take my time and aim) still shot a 45 (+9) for bogey golf. But among that were FIVE pars. I don't think I've ever had 5 pars in a full round.

Also had a couple awesome shots on more up and down rounds M/T/W this week that had a wide volume of terrible iron strikes but MUCH better driving, including a par 3 that looked like it had a real shot at an ace, but instead ripped back so hard it went into a bunker, but then my out put the ball within a foot. Real roller coaster of a hole.

Golf is awesome.

Bad

That being said the Good

That is all
What'd you adjust?

I am genuinely curious because bunker play is one of those areas of the game that seems to inexplicably come and go for me. In other words, I'll look like Scheffler or Phil for a month or two, then, despite me not presumably not changing my approach or technique, I'll struggle for a couple months to even get plays within 15 feet of the hole and my goal at times is simply just to get it out and on the green and eat the likely bogey.

I'm currently experiencing the latter despite the other aspects of my game all functioning pretty good right now. :bag:
yeah - after i dig my feet in, i get more weight into "my heels"..... basically make it feel like i sitting in an imaginary chair..... i may be exaggerating my stance, but I was way too upright. Normally you want to feel like you are taking a snap from center as a QB..... so I just focused on staying down in my legs. You also want a touch more weight on the front foot for a flat bunker lie

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
Got an invite to play Calusa Pines recently and holy **** it did not disappoint. What a place - ultra exclusive but understated. On the course made me think this must be what Augusta is like. No golf carts, caddies encouraged. Every inch manicured. Really hit me when I had to hit out of the pine straw. There were no leaves or rocks or debris - just pine straw under the trees.

Off the course nice pro shop and a huge , pristine practice facility. And the "locker room" (which really felt like on old money lounge) had a bar with food service!

The guys I played with were ranged from 3 to plus-2 handicaps so we went off from 6600 yards. Beyond my ability so a couple holes I moved up. I really should have insisted on playing a different tee but oh well.

Then after the round we went back out to watch the college tournament that was playing there in the afternoon. No galleries, they gave us a "maintenance cart" so we could go anywhere, just freaking awesome.

Probably my second-favorite golf day ever, only to walking on at St. Andrews as a single many years ago.

Got an invite to play Calusa Pines recently and holy **** it did not disappoint. What a place - ultra exclusive but understated. On the course made me think this must be what Augusta is like. No golf carts, caddies encouraged. Every inch manicured. Really hit me when I had to hit out of the pine straw. There were no leaves or rocks or debris - just pine straw under the trees.

Off the course nice pro shop and a huge , pristine practice facility. And the "locker room" (which really felt like on old money lounge) had a bar with food service!

The guys I played with were ranged from 3 to plus-2 handicaps so we went off from 6600 yards. Beyond my ability so a couple holes I moved up. I really should have insisted on playing a different tee but oh well.

Then after the round we went back out to watch the college tournament that was playing there in the afternoon. No galleries, they gave us a "maintenance cart" so we could go anywhere, just freaking awesome.

Probably my second-favorite golf day ever, only to walking on at St. Andrews as a single many years ago.
Wow. Never heard of this place and their website, while still classy, is basically just a "don't ask, don't call us, don't even ****ing try..." :lmao:

Wow. Never heard of this place and their website, while still classy, is basically just a "don't ask, don't call us, don't even ****ing try..." :lmao:
The guy that invited me actually said something to the effect of "Hope you have a blast but remember the first rule of Fight Club - appreciate it if you don't tell others that I was the one to invite you. We are really limited on how many guests we can bring, and I have to say no to so many people already."

The guy that invited me actually said something to the effect of "Hope you have a blast but remember the first rule of Fight Club - appreciate it if you don't tell others that I was the one to invite you. We are really limited on how many guests we can bring, and I have to say no to so many people already."
i play a course like that around here once every 5 years or so :lol: same deal

i play a course like that around here once every 5 years or so :lol: same deal
So, out of curiosity (because I also get a decent amount of invites to some private clubs - though probably not as exclusive as these) - what's the common courtesy for a "thank you?" A bottle of nice bourbon or something?

I ask because, as a member of a private club myself, I usually offer to repay the favor. But, my client pales in comparison to these so I feel like that'd be a hollow offer and I'm hoping to get a comparable invite to something similar this fall and need to know how to thank the guy.

A friend of mine played Calusa back in March. Said it was incredible.

A couple of my dad's former partners are members at Baltusrol. (he also has a friend at Plainfield, which I'm gonna get to play this year. Pretty amped about that) So once or twice a year he gets an invite and then invites them to his place. My dad's club is perfectly nice (awesome conditions. Their superintendent works his *** off) but nowhere near the same level. I dont think it makes that big of a difference. They're just using it as an opportunity to get together and shoot the **** about the good ole days

Generally, if someone is a member at a club THAT nice, (in the case of Baltusrol, a major championship venue and one of the 3-5 best clubs in NJ) they're not hurting for invites to plenty of other places.

A friend of mine played Calusa back in March. Said it was incredible.

A couple of my dad's former partners are members at Baltusrol. (he also has a friend at Plainfield, which I'm gonna get to play this year. Pretty amped about that) So once or twice a year he gets an invite and then invites them to his place. My dad's club is perfectly nice (awesome conditions. Their superintendent works his *** off) but nowhere near the same level. I dont think it makes that big of a difference. They're just using it as an opportunity to get together and shoot the **** about the good ole days

Generally, if someone is a member at a club THAT nice, (in the case of Baltusrol, a major championship venue and one of the 3-5 best clubs in NJ) they're not hurting for invites to plenty of other places.
Right. Which is why my usual go-to of offering to host that person at my club seems like a hollow gesture.

my game has turned the corner this week, every part of my game has fired for 3 straight rounds and now i’m beyond confident over the ball. I’m sure this won’t last but i'm going to enjoy it while it does and then i’ll go back to my **** golf mumbles after every shot once it leaves.

Was down in Phoenix and played 7 holes, 7 holes, 18 holes over a 3 day stretch. MIL lives on a course so snuck out with her husband for those 7 hole days.

And goddamnit if i didn’t strike my irons (not even my irons for i borrowed clubs that are 1/2 inch longer than normal and a senior flex) bette than i maybe ever had. Problem was the ducking greens and fairways were rock hard so all my good shots just ducking bounced over the green by 10 yards.

Still managed a 12 over for that full 18 though. Happy considering the clubs and the fact i hadn’t played since October.

Anyone try this TM Mini-Driver? Interesting idea. I hit my driver straight and only need a 5-wood from there…so not for me I don’t think.

Anyone try this TM Mini-Driver? Interesting idea. I hit my driver straight and only need a 5-wood from there…so not for me I don’t think.
My buddy (~6 handicap) got one and loves it. But, it seems consistent with his style of play where he will oftentimes intentionally hit a more abbreviated driver swing anyway.

Every time he mentions the thing in our golf group text thread I send photos of Minnie Driver as those are way more appealing to me.

Was down in Phoenix and played 7 holes, 7 holes, 18 holes over a 3 day stretch. MIL lives on a course so snuck out with her husband for those 7 hole days.

And goddamnit if i didn’t strike my irons (not even my irons for i borrowed clubs that are 1/2 inch longer than normal and a senior flex) bette than i maybe ever had. Problem was the ducking greens and fairways were rock hard so all my good shots just ducking bounced over the green by 10 yards.

Still managed a 12 over for that full 18 though. Happy considering the clubs and the fact i hadn’t played since October.
Hey Harry you never called...

Bad

That being said the Good

That is all
What'd you adjust?

Sand shots are the worst part of my game by far. I either blade it over the green or decelerate at impact after a bladed shot and leave it in the trap. If I get it out anywhere on the green I am happy.

I was visiting a buddy last summer in Traverse City MI. Did not plan on golfing but we had a free afternoon so I played out of his bag. I have fitted Taylor Made M2s, he has an older set of Burners. I don`t think I hit a bad iron shot all day with his old set of irons, then he has an old Ping Anser putter that I was lights out with. Shot 80 my best score of the season.

I had to laugh as he bought the full set at an estate sale for 100 bucks with bag. While almost 2 grand worth of clubs were at home in my garage.

Last edited:

Hey Harry you never called...
I know I know. :bag:

New miss today: blocking the ball. Not bad, just like right rough or right edge of the green, but good distance. Which I assume means the swing path is fine, I'm just leaving the face open a hair. Tried to fix it on the course by strengthening my grip and that DID NOT go well.

Last edited:
New miss today: blocking the ball. Not bad, just like right rough or right edge of the green, but good distance. Which I assume means the swing path is fine, I'm just leaving the face open a hair. Tried to fix it on the course by strengtheningy grip and that DID NOT go well.
Take a look at your ball position. It may have nothing to do with the swing.

Trilled that my index is down ten (10!) strokes since this time last year. Though not super hard when you're starting point is 25. I still don't have any consistency as I had an 83 and 104 in the same week.

I also need to figure out how to block out the sandbagger digs. Played in our member-member a few weeks ago and started out with 3 pars (for a 18 index). Guy from the other group makes a comment that "my handicap seems questionable" and I feel apart and didn't make par rest of the round.

Really a bag of mixed emotions this year. I'm playing a lot more which is good. Overall I'm a lot more consistent. Yesterday was the first time in a long time I hacked up the course with some god awful shots, then shot 36 on the back to salvage an 83 😂. I posted 12 scores this year all within 79-83. I have one 84. That feels great putting them together like that but my 2 low scores from last year dropped off so my hcp went up almost 2 shots lol

I mostly stink right now. Seems like SOMETHING is just way off every round. One day its the driver, one days its the irons. next day I putt like crap, etc. Frustrating.

I've had a few good rounds (82-84) but too many in the higher 80's and a few right at 90.

Played a match on Saturday and the driver just absolutely fell to pieces. It was like I never played golf before and every swing felt different. Got smoked on the back 9. Think I figured out a little something there (and I lowered my driver loft by 1 degree, which I think will help) so we'll see.

Good news my brother and I (barely) qualified for the year long 4 ball event. Almost blew it on the back 9 but made it in by a stroke. So we'll see how that goes. Its my favorite event and we made the finals 2 years ago.

When I get to my golf league last night I realized I had left my range finder in the garage. I was so mad because I was playing a good player and wanted to play well.

Shot a 38, my best round ever on that 9 with basically eyeballing the yardage and walking it off like the old days. Go figure.

I really think it was because I did not know the exact yardage to pin I was just trying to estimate what it was to hit the middle of the green and not trying to be so exact.

Went to move youngest son out of his dorm and into his summer baseball home (same town, but we had to consolidate stuff into storage). Decided to play a round on his "home" course before I left.

He said he was getting better and thought he'd be able to beat me for the 1st time.

Come to the last hole and he's up 1 (74-75). Par 5-550 yards. I old man golf it to 65yds in 2. He's off to the right and a bit short in 2, but has a bunker to navigate. I wedge it up to about 3 feet and think to my self (not today Coop). Little **** chips it in for eagle and the best round of his life. Just like my grandpa did the 1st time I beat him, I cried.

Been a long time coming, but I told him he'd understand some day that he "beat" me with a good round, not when I played badly.

Went to move youngest son out of his dorm and into his summer baseball home (same town, but we had to consolidate stuff into storage). Decided to play a round on his "home" course before I left.

He said he was getting better and thought he'd be able to beat me for the 1st time.

Come to the last hole and he's up 1 (74-75). Par 5-550 yards. I old man golf it to 65yds in 2. He's off to the right and a bit short in 2, but has a bunker to navigate. I wedge it up to about 3 feet and think to my self (not today Coop). Little **** chips it in for eagle and the best round of his life. Just like my grandpa did the 1st time I beat him, I cried.

Been a long time coming, but I told him he'd understand some day that he "beat" me with a good round, not when I played badly.
Awesome story!

I've been struggling with contact on irons big time...last 4 rounds between 83-86 (i'm a 6). Decided to check on my stance on the range before yesterday's round, specifically my distance from the ball. Looked like i was full 2-3 inches too close. Moved back...worked out a quick routine to get me aligned on each shot....felt like i was getting my arms thru the ball for the first time in a while...shot 74 (also had 10 1-putts)...my best round in over a year.

Crazy game.

I mostly stink right now. Seems like SOMETHING is just way off every round. One day its the driver, one days its the irons. next day I putt like crap, etc. Frustrating.

I've had a few good rounds (82-84) but too many in the higher 80's and a few right at 90.

Played a match on Saturday and the driver just absolutely fell to pieces. It was like I never played golf before and every swing felt different. Got smoked on the back 9. Think I figured out a little something there (and I lowered my driver loft by 1 degree, which I think will help) so we'll see.

Good news my brother and I (barely) qualified for the year long 4 ball event. Almost blew it on the back 9 but made it in by a stroke. So we'll see how that goes. Its my favorite event and we made the finals 2 years ago.

Such a funny/heart breaking game. I type this is this morning and then proceed to go out and tie my best 9 ever yet. One nuke/pull 9 iron away from breaking (or even making) par for 9 holes for the first time ever.

1- smoked drive, wedge just off the back. Chip to inside a foot. tap in par
2- very good drive, hybrid into the wind comes up 10 yards short (reachable par 5). uphill pitch comes up about a foot short of perfect to stay in the fringe. 7 foot birdie putt comes up 6 inches short.
3- Ok drive leaks a little right into heavy rough. Catch a flyer and go long leaving myself a downhill chip. Get lucky with the lie, chip to inside a foot. tap in par
4- 8 iron pin high about 10 feet. Uphill L-R. Just left on the high side. tap in
5- Good drive, wedge rolls through the green (very hard front to back slope. incredibly hard to hold). Ok chip but it doesn't roll up, leaving me a 10 foot r-L putt. Roll in right in the center.
6- Pretty good drive but just stays in the right. Wedge in to pin high 10 feet. downhill L-R slides just in front of the cup. tap in par

Even par going to 7......easiest hole on the course. Its a PW unless the pin is in the back (which it was today) so I hit my usual knockdown 9. Pull nuke it to the back....PRAYING it gets down. Lands on the downslope of the back bunker taking a hard kick into the ****. Knew it was dead...go to the drop zone. Decent chip. left a 7 foot bogey putt less than a foot short for double.

8- double dog par 5 reachable in 2 with 2 perfect shots and a front pin (which it was today). Hit a good but not great drive that leaks. Can't see it land but I figure worst case scenario its in the cross bunker. Can't find for a couple of minutes. Just when I'm ready to give up, I find it a foot into the woods (no stakes, so its in play) in almost knee-high grass. Must have just caught a horrible kick. Barely get a club on it and only advance it like 30 yards. Have 169 to the front still in the rough. (but an OK lie). Hit a really good low 5 iron that bounces onto the green and sticks inside 18 inches. Miracle birdie.

9- Know I need a birdie for even par. Good drive, 105 in. Hit an ok wedge but pull it a little. 40 foot uphill L-R (probably about a 2 foot breaker) that I need to make for birdie. Left it about 8 inches on the high side for a tap in par and a 37.

Tied for the best 9 I've ever played but blew the easiest shot on the course. All I needed was a freaking bogey on the #18 handicap and I hit a 9 iron into the swamp . :wall:

Tied my lowest round of 18 today with a 79. Bogeyed 1 and 9 after some scrambling and barely missed 3 birdie putts due to over reading the break on the semi dewy greens. was cruising along on the back 9 with only 1 more bogey on 11 when I blocked a tee shot on 16 behind a tree and tried to hit a hero bump and run draw around it. I ended up short sided in a ****ty bunker and left it short, a decent chip on left me a bogey putt that I lipped out :wall: Bombed my drive on the par 5 18th and of course top my 3 wood going for the green in 2 and then end up short with my 3rd. I knew all I had to do was put my 20 yard chip close and 1 putt for my lowest round ever so of course I blades it to the back and 2 putted for a 79. I’m back to loving golf

think i had a dozen 5-7 footers today. Pretty sure I made 2.

Every day its SOMETHING.

Missed an eagle hole-out with a wedge by 6 inches. So at least that's something :shrug:

Funny my hcp is up 2.2 shots but I'm not that upset. I'm playing way more consistent. Last year was just miserable when my hcp balloned

Last edited:
Finally shot below a 40 last week and finished with a 39 for 9 holes. It could have been much better and there is room for improvement. The second hole is a short 135 yard par 3. I pushed my 9 iron off to the right and proceeded to chunk my chip into the bunker before chipping on and 2 putting for a double bogey. My drives were solid all day and I birdied the 2 par 5's. I hit a 210 yard 4 iron 6 feet from the hole on the 2nd par 5 but missed the eagle putt. Next hole was a 285 yard par 4 and drove the green and 2 putted for birdie. I missed a total of 3 putts of around 6 feet or I would have shot even par.

Funny my hcp is up 2.2 shots but I'm not that upset. I'm playing way more consistent. Last year was just miserable when my hcp balloned
The new system is kind of weird. My last 4 rounds have been between 80-82, which are totally fine rounds for me it just means I had maybe an unnecessary double or, more likely, too many putts and missed several birdies from like 20 feet or whatever. My handicap is now a full stroke higher and it's coming to tournament season. So, kind of happy about it as the mid-70s rounds will/should start happening again.

With the above in mind, I am heading into my member-member tournament where my partner and I will look to defend our title (we were the gross and net champions last year and it's the best golf I've ever played).

Followed up my 39 with a score of 40 on Monday. The biggest difference this past week is being able to avoid the blow up holes. Only 1 double bogey the past 18 holes, and 4 birdies.

Followed up my 39 with a score of 40 on Monday. The biggest difference this past week is being able to avoid the blow up holes. Only 1 double bogey the past 18 holes, and 4 birdies.
Biggest difference between a 5 handicap and a 15 handicap is double-bogey or worse avoidance.

I've been struggling with contact on irons big time...last 4 rounds between 83-86 (i'm a 6). Decided to check on my stance on the range before yesterday's round, specifically my distance from the ball. Looked like i was full 2-3 inches too close. Moved back...worked out a quick routine to get me aligned on each shot....felt like i was getting my arms thru the ball for the first time in a while...shot 74 (also had 10 1-putts)...my best round in over a year.

Crazy game.
Aaand….back to an 85. I hate this game.

Crazy game.
I hit line drives for 4 straight holes - cost me 3 shots easily...... but ended up with another 80.

posted scores
2020 (23 rounds) - avg 81.4
2021 (20 rounds) - avg 82.4
2022 (32 rounds) avg 85.4 and i quit multiple times
2023 (15 rounds) - avg 81.2 but hcp is up 2 stokes..... AND I LIKE THE WAY I'M PLAYING for the most part lol

Leaving Tuesday for our annual boys trip to Palm Springs/La Quinta. 24 guys. 12 on 12 Ryder Cup format plus 2 rounds for Low Gross/Net championship and skins. Just so much freakin fun. 30 years. Core group of 20 or so play every year.

100% back from shoulder surgery which is great. Playing pretty well. Started slow then finished -1 over last 7 holes for a 79 in our tourney on Saturday. Bunker play and short game have been great. Streaky with the putter but I feel I can make everything standing over it. Took a lesson and fixed some things in setup. Narrowed stance and am more upright to be more athletic and help make a better turn. Posting and rotating more consistently. But I really have to work at making a complete shoulder turn. Got shorter as expected when I tore my rotator cuff. If I can just make a good turn everything seems to follow.

Leaving Tuesday for our annual boys trip to Palm Springs/La Quinta. 24 guys. 12 on 12 Ryder Cup format plus 2 rounds for Low Gross/Net championship and skins. Just so much freakin fun. 30 years. Core group of 20 or so play every year.

100% back from shoulder surgery which is great. Playing pretty well. Started slow then finished -1 over last 7 holes for a 79 in our tourney on Saturday. Bunker play and short game have been great. Streaky with the putter but I feel I can make everything standing over it. Took a lesson and fixed some things in setup. Narrowed stance and am more upright to be more athletic and help make a better turn. Posting and rotating more consistently. But I really have to work at making a complete shoulder turn. Got shorter as expected when I tore my rotator cuff. If I can just make a good turn everything seems to follow.
This is the best thing! Shoulder surgery is like the worst surgery to recover from.

Crazy game.
I hit line drives for 4 straight holes - cost me 3 shots easily...... but ended up with another 80.

posted scores
2020 (23 rounds) - avg 81.4
2021 (20 rounds) - avg 82.4
2022 (32 rounds) avg 85.4 and i quit multiple times
2023 (15 rounds) - avg 81.2 but hcp is up 2 stokes..... AND I LIKE THE WAY I'M PLAYING for the most part lol
You should quit quitting because you're no good at it.

This is the best thing! Shoulder surgery is like the worst surgery to recover from.
Yeah I have a torn rotator cuff too but after consultation with the specialist we just concluded that just dealing with it (basically I can't do certain weightlifting movements and I can't throw) is better than surgery at this time. In short, it came down to whether I valued coed work league softball (with the thoughts of making a serious business softball comeback as I can now play senior ball) versus 6-12 months of surgery recovery. For now I'm choosing the former and will just focus on golf.

I played in a scramble on Monday at one of tougher courses in the area, we started off birding our first 4 holes and then proceeded to par the next 5. The differnce? Booze, this was a fire fighter memorial scramble and every hole had a damn cooler on it stocked with beer and every par 3 had a table with either John Daly's or makers mark on it. We came in 4th at 9 under but had we not gotten **** faced I know we could have beat the 14 under group, on the plus side we weren't the group that flipped their cart and had someone break their arm, f'n firemen :wall:

I played in a scramble on Monday at one of tougher courses in the area, we started off birding our first 4 holes and then proceeded to par the next 5. The differnce? Booze, this was a fire fighter memorial scramble and every hole had a damn cooler on it stocked with beer and every par 3 had a table with either John Daly's or makers mark on it. We came in 4th at 9 under but had we not gotten **** faced I know we could have beat the 14 under group, on the plus side we weren't the group that flipped their cart and had someone break their arm, f'n firemen :wall:
Anybody who plays a charity scramble sober (and isn't doing so for some religious or medical reason) should be automatically disqualified.

Yeah I have a torn rotator cuff too but after consultation with the specialist we just concluded that just dealing with it (basically I can't do certain weightlifting movements and I can't throw) is better than surgery at this time. In short, it came down to whether I valued coed work league softball (with the thoughts of making a serious business softball comeback as I can now play senior ball) versus 6-12 months of surgery recovery. For now I'm choosing the former and will just focus on golf.
Big difference if partial tear or full depth tear. I was fully torn + labrum + bicep. Could only take it half way back in golf and couldn’t sleep in any position. No choice. But partial? Yes I would wait, try PT, anything but surgery. But for me I’m glad I did it.

Played 9 hole par 36 course today and pretty happy with my ball striking. My putting on the other hand was awful. Shot a 40 but of those 40 shots 20 were putts. Ugh. Didn't make a putt all day including multiple birdies and 1 eagle putt.

With the above in mind, I am heading into my member-member tournament where my partner and I will look to defend our title (we were the gross and net champions last year and it's the best golf I've ever played).
Meh, didn't defend the title but played well enough to hold my head high. Shot a really good 76 on my own ball the last day.

Users who are viewing this thread