What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2023 Pro Cycling Thread*** - The Vuelta will be a Primoz, Vigo, G, Remco mosh pit (1 Viewer)

The 13.1 kilometers into Crans-Montana don't see many gradient variations, with a steady 7% present most of the climb. However in total the climb has 15 switchbacks and most of them are in the first half. This could be called an explosive climb but at this point of the stage it's a test for survival. Gaps will easily be made and I would say early in the climb.

Crans-Montana: 13.1Km; 7.1%

do a shot every time Pinot attacks

that’s about 7

love angry climbers

GC groups up front (edit - front of chase, 3 min back) but letting Ben Swift pace the peloton not closing at all

Edit - Jack Haig has abandoned

my bad, bogus Reddit post

Last edited:
Derek Gee is budget Wout van Aert

207km >> 74.6km

Pinot & Cepeda attack each other 17 times, Rubio stays third wheel the whole way, never pulls, & steals the sprint

pure ****housery

had 4 in the top 20 so not the worst day for Velogames but surely I’m diw

Thirty minutes before Stage 1, I switched 2 riders:

OUT
  • Kamna (323)
  • Konrad (99)
IN
  • Buitrago (166)
  • Kuss (139)
117 pt mistake
now down by 97

Classic fantasy blunder

I’ve done that ~ 847 times in the last 20 years lol

DNS - Battistella and De Bod
Abandoned - Verre (lost 25 minutes yesterday)

another miserable weather snoozefest

got some climbs tomorrow, hit the Dolomites* on Tuesday

*I skied there almost 40 years ago, feels like that was someone else's life....OK, probably bc I was blackout drunk most of the week....

@Sand

I think we covered this earlier in the thread but what's the best streaming option to watch the monuments and the rest of the spring season? Want to do this differently next and get into it before the Grand Tours (usually I just watch extended highlights until the TDF.)

I'm also a NUFC supporter so maybe something that also offers EPL if possible.

So this is what a grand tour that no one cares about

It’s always been the red-headed stepchild of the 3 Grand Tours. Always has a few powerhouses but it’s generally the weakest field. They need to be spaced out so the schedule won’t ever change, but a lot of these stages would be awesome with June or August weather.

As an aside, it’s weird how there is literally never a cross wind in the Giro. I’ve never seen the peloton ride en echelon in Italy.

Edit - with all due respect to any gingers, nothing personal ✌🏻

@Sand

I think we covered this earlier in the thread but what's the best streaming option to watch the monuments and the rest of the spring season? Want to do this differently next and get into it before the Grand Tours (usually I just watch extended highlights until the TDF.)

Spring monuments are over. The link below has the schedule. Honestly from here on out I'd just get Peacock. Maybe catch long replays of Tour de Suisse on Youtube - that's really the only biggish one left that is hard to get. Other than that the TdF and Vuelta are on Peacock. Criterium du Dauphine is one of the big warmup races and that's also on Peacock.

@Sand

Spring monuments are over. The link below has the schedule. Honestly from here on out I'd just get Peacock. Maybe catch long replays of Tour de Suisse on Youtube - that's really the only biggish one left that is hard to get. Other than that the TdF and Vuelta are on Peacock. Criterium du Dauphine is one of the big warmup races and that's also on Peacock.

thanks!

yeah I was moreso thinking about what I could do in 2024 to catch the monuments

@Sand

thanks!

yeah I was moreso thinking about what I could do in 2024 to catch the monuments
IMO, probably still the same - a Peacock sub and a monthly GCN sub (just for the spring).

@BenjiNaesen
Let’s not pretend that the difficulty of Week 3 in this #Giro is the sole reason for the absence of GC action.

The main reason is the way the GC stood moving into Week 2.

Without Remco’s COVID, he’d have been at least 1 minute ahead, incentivising opponents to make moves in Week 2.

Add to that, the loss of Geogeghan Hart removing any possibility for INEOS to make offensive moves.

The crashes of Primoz bluntening his strikes while he also has no incentive to attack considering there has not been a stage where it has been proven that he can’t drop Thomas on a major mountain.

Almeida just had to get through the first 2 weeks without losing time, so obviously had no incentive to make any notable moves.

But even the brightest optimists can agree that 1 stage with GC action in 2 weeks is lackluster in terms of entertainment and the main reason sports broadcasting exists is to entertain.

Looking forward to Week 3 to see Almeida destroy everyone.

No lies detected

Great ride by Brandon McNulty today to get his first GT stage win

Ben Healy got in a breakaway for, what, the 58th time? Been one of the better surprises of the Giro.

Rest day tomorrow, Dolomites Tuesday.
💪🏻

Damn it. I took a flyer on him, thinking he’d get one stage, and THEN quit

haha

he's finishing the Giro, and riding TDF

2023 will be his final year

seems determined to finish in Rome
Ah..I didn’t bother with the 10 minute presser. 😂
That's OK, most of the riders aren't bothering with riding the Giro. You fit right in.
Odd comment. Sorry I didn’t want to watch a 10 minutes presser with cav and his family. I’ll be more vested!! :rolleyes:

Damn it. I took a flyer on him, thinking he’d get one stage, and THEN quit

haha

he's finishing the Giro, and riding TDF

2023 will be his final year

seems determined to finish in Rome
Ah..I didn’t bother with the 10 minute presser. 😂
That's OK, most of the riders aren't bothering with riding the Giro. You fit right in.
Odd comment. Sorry I didn’t want to watch a 10 minutes presser with cav and his family. I’ll be more vested!! :rolleyes:
Sorry that came off the wrong way. I was trying to say why on earth would you be vested in this when the many of the Giro riders don't seem vest into riding hard.

DNS:
  • Davide Ballerina - SQS (they now have two riders lol)
  • Simon Clarke - Israel Premier Tech
  • Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier - Trek Segafredo
not making any pronouncements about the stage bc, every time I do, it's another dudsville GC-wise

other aspects of the Giro have been really exciting and tactical, but that's the part everyone cares the most about

hope we have a good day, weather is looking awesome

I'll be in the shadow realm if anyone needs me

6 out of 9 teams have Healy, my team will be down with Jaysus by the final climb lol

At this point I am pretty much hoping that my last 3 riders abandon for the full sweep.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ahem... I'm laughing with you, GB.

I'm like a stage 5 clinger at this point. Probably don't have a chance but don't want to hear It. But I have a plan.
  • Stage 17 - denial
  • Stage 18 - anger
  • Dolomites - bargaining
  • Mountain TT - depression
  • Rome - acceptance
Sepp with a great ride today, best lieutenant in this GT. Primož never found it today. Everyone thought he'd do one of his patented bursts and dust everyone.

What a ride by G! Mad respect for a 37 year old to put in this kind of Giro. Almeida looked strong as well, took guts to be the first to attack, but Thomas was the man today.

Great ride by Zana today. Had hopes for the AG2R brothers from France but they spent too much time pulling, got dropped on the Monte Bondone.

Can't wait for 19 and 20, should be amazing.

Safety check on BobbyLayne please.

Didn't see the stage today but my scrappy Velogames team is nearing top 2500 overall. Almeida, Healy and Matthews are really picking up the slack for my main picks.

🦺

60 points today! good for 6th place lol. Still on the podium if only by my fingernails.

Stage 16 had 16K feet of climbing, Stage 19 will have close to 17K. Tomorrow is 13.6K of vert but nothing too crazy
  • Cat 1 13.5km 7.1%
  • Cat 4 3.4km 5..4%
  • long flat
  • Cat 1 9.7km 7.7%
  • Cat 2 5.5km 9.5%
Granted any one of those would kill me.

Should be an interesting day but nobody is predicting much GC movement. 19 & 20 will be some true suffering.

Watched that Giro 88 movie I linked yesterday, my gosh that was pure insanity. You guys should check it out.

So, Primož was behind TWICE on the Passo della Crosetta.

TJV paced quite hard for the first portion of the climb, with numerous riders trying to get in the breakaway. At 127.6 KM, De Plus reacts to Carthy attacking, splitting the group in half. We see Primož off the back being paced by Kuss, with other TJV riders dropping towards them to bring Primož back.

When he returns, TJV moves to the front of the group, but with a slower "fake" pace. How do we know? Plenty of riders come back to the group.

Later on the climb, INEOS accelerate, with Primož once again caught behind in a split, being brought back by his team. While it doesn't look good for Primož, I hope for the race that this was just 2 occasions of terrible positioning, but I would expect Primož to not kick the same stone twice.

the national champ in his home region FTW

heartbreak again for the Frenchman

Kuss and Vine with MVP rides today keeping their men in It

Users who are viewing this thread