What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Bobby Witt da da da da da, Bobby Witt da da da da da*** (2 Viewers)

I can now check off pitching a complete game one hit shutout on my Ohtani bingo card....
Not to forget he hit multiple home runs today as well. Never seen anything like this.
I’ve heard people now on podcasts casually refer to him as the greatest player ever and at first I was like oh come on but now I’m starting to agree.
I think the factor preventing me from agreeing with it so far is simply time. What he’s doing is unprecedented and he’s heading towards best ever, but he needs to do it for a few more seasons to be considered the best ever IMO.

Seems like an odd move by him. I mean wouldn't you rather play for the Dodgers with a chance for playoffs and a world series than in Detroit?

Is this Eduardo Rodriguez? The guy who played for Boston? Don't look for reasoning behind it; he's a weird old cat.

@ChiefD what can you tell me about Yarbrough?
He’s been GREAT for the last month since he got hit in the head with a line drive in the face. The Royals finally settled him in as a starter and he gives you depth and innings. Crafty lefty.

Think Jamie Moyer. Perfect guy because these guys leaning on high heat are just getting out of sorts with his location and off speed stuff.

He’s a thinking mans pitcher. A real joy to watch pitch.

Holy **** the Marlins just exposed Craig Kimbrel for tipping his pitches. Kimbrel dropped the ball purposely to balk runner to third. At second the runner can pick up the tip.

Three straight batters knew exactly what was coming and Kimbrel barely survived after giving up tying runs. It was like he was being hunted, kind of surreal actually.

Think my son and may go to the Marlins v. Phils game tomorrow to show new Miami resident (and ex-White Sox player) Jake Burger some love. Although he sounded rather devastated by the news of the trade last night while they were in Texas, a come-from-behind win today by the Marlins where he went 2-4 with a walk and run scored certainly helped him get adjusted.

Was a great game. Marlins scored one in the B9 to force extras. Both teams scored 2 runs in the 10th and one run in the 11th before the Marlins got the W in the bottom of the 12th.

It's an early noon start tomorrow and tickets are CHEAP so we'll go if I can wake my soon up before the first pitch....

The Marlins are tied with the Brewers for the 3rd WC in the Nationa league so at least he's playing with a playoff contender.

Holy **** the Marlins just exposed Craig Kimbrel for tipping his pitches. Kimbrel dropped the ball purposely to balk runner to third. At second the runner can pick up the tip.

Three straight batters knew exactly what was coming and Kimbrel barely survived after giving up tying runs. It was like he was being hunted, kind of surreal actually.
Huh? Dont they use pitchcom now? If he's tipping his pitches what does a runner on 2nd have to do with it? If theyre stealing signs, pitchcom eliminates that problem.

Huh? Dont they use pitchcom now? If he's tipping his pitches what does a runner on 2nd have to do with it? If theyre stealing signs, pitchcom eliminates that problem.
:goodposting:

It could have nothing at all to do with the signs. He might be showing his grip in his glove or some other physical tip that can only be seen from behind him. I haven't seen anything about this situation other than the OP here so I am only speculating. But there are many other ways to tip pitches than stealing signs between the pitcher and catcher.

probably can see how he is holding the ball or how his pitching hand is in the glove

It could have nothing at all to do with the signs. He might be showing his grip in his glove or some other physical tip that can only be seen from behind him. I haven't seen anything about this situation other than the OP here so I am only speculating. But there are many other ways to tip pitches than stealing signs between the pitcher and catcher.
I guess that's possible. I never heard of that happening before though.

Happens all the time

It's not that common to be called out, I guess, but feels like it happens at least once per season.

Happens all the time

It's not that common to be called out, I guess, but feels like it happens at least once per season.

I know tipping pitchers is common. I am talking about tipping pitches where only the runner on 2B can read it. I have never heard of that and none of the examples provided discuss that.

Happens all the time

I know tipping pitchers is common. I am talking about tipping pitches where only the runner on 2B can read it. I have never heard of that and none of the examples provided discuss that.
Most of those examples didn't go into what was being done to tip the pitch.....just that they were being tipped. Many times it can be from a certain angle that only the 1B or 3B coach can see or someone from the dugout. Or it could be from the batter's angle. There are a myriad of ways that pitchers tip their pitches. It is very common.

Happens all the time

Most of those examples didn't go into what was being done to tip the pitch.....just that they were being tipped. Many times it can be from a certain angle that only the 1B or 3B coach can see or someone from the dugout. Or it could be from the batter's angle. There are a myriad of ways that pitchers tip their pitches. It is very common.
Yes I know that. And I still never heard of someone tipping pitches to only the runner at 2b. Not saying it doesn't happen only ove never heard of it. Most of the time the batters can pick up tipping of pitches. In judges example, the 1b coach was picking it up.

Think my son and may go to the Marlins v. Phils game tomorrow to show new Miami resident (and ex-White Sox player) Jake Burger some love. Although he sounded rather devastated by the news of the trade last night while they were in Texas, a come-from-behind win today by the Marlins where he went 2-4 with a walk and run scored certainly helped him get adjusted.

Was a great game. Marlins scored one in the B9 to force extras. Both teams scored 2 runs in the 10th and one run in the 11th before the Marlins got the W in the bottom of the 12th.

It's an early noon start tomorrow and tickets are CHEAP so we'll go if I can wake my soon up before the first pitch....

The Marlins are tied with the Brewers for the 3rd WC in the Nationa league so at least he's playing with a playoff contender.

Thanks Jake!

My son and Jake Burger before the game

Happens all the time

Yes I know that. And I still never heard of someone tipping pitches to only the runner at 2b. Not saying it doesn't happen only ove never heard of it. Most of the time the batters can pick up tipping of pitches. In judges example, the 1b coach was picking it up.
My Link

Pretty rare, but happens

Domingo German done for the season. Hope he gets the help he needs. Anthony Rizzo out, concussion from May 28? May 28?, might explain his play.

Ohtani pitched 4 scoreless innings before coming out due to cramping. Hit a home run. Stole a base. Scored 2 runs. And the Angels gave up a 9th inning grand slam to a guy with 1 career HR and lost the game.

Probably not exactly selling Ohtani on staying.

If I was tipping pitchers to guys on second, I would go all Mickey Hatcher until I could clean it up. It's pretty common fwiw.

Glad to see Trea Turner have some success today, even if it was against my Royals.

Phillies fans have been so kind to him, at least in the two games I have watched. Kudos to them for having a heart.

Users who are viewing this thread