What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (7 Viewers)

First question is why would the interpreter have access to Ohtani's bank account?
I'll bite. He was way much more than just an interpreter. He was confidant, concierge, friend, gopher, etc. Kind of like the manager of a boy band where Ohtani is the boy band. https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1772452554145726704

The question really is if it's true that Ippei had access and made the transfers how did no one on Team Ohtani (lawyers, agent, etc) not notice?

This will be the closest the Sox are to first place all year!!!

Who knows, maybe with low expectations and some decent talent, than can surprise.

The Giants continue their annual tradition by starting a different opening day left fielder for the 18th straight year.

Michael Conforto joins Barry Bonds, Dave Roberts, Freddie Lewis, Mark DeRosa, Pat Burrell, Aubrey Huff, Andres Torres, Michael Morse, Norichika Aoki, Angel Pagan, Jarrett Parker, Hunter Pence, Connor Joe, Alex Dickerson, Austin Slater, Joc Pederson and Blake Sabol.

The Giants continue their annual tradition by starting a different opening day left fielder for the 18th straight year.

Michael Conforto joins Barry Bonds, Dave Roberts, Freddie Lewis, Mark DeRosa, Pat Burrell, Aubrey Huff, Andres Torres, Michael Morse, Norichika Aoki, Angel Pagan, Jarrett Parker, Hunter Pence, Connor Joe, Alex Dickerson, Austin Slater, Joc Pederson and Blake Sabol.
That's some solid shtick.

That's some solid shtick.

It's one short of the all-time record held by the 1937-55 St. Louis Browns/Baltimore Orioles left fielders.

I'm not running down all the names but the streak spanned from Joe Vosmik (1937) to Gil Coan (1955). The only names I recognized were Twins pennant winning manager Sam Mele, one-armed Pete Gray, renowned WIS OBP cookie Roy Cullenbine and two-time All Star Jeff Heath.

And that'll do it for Patrick Sandoval. He labored for 1.2 innings, gave up 6 hits, walked 2 and exits with a 16.20 ERA.

Mike Trout did hit a home run, however, so there's that.

“Weve had all the introductions.
We’ve had all the pomp and circumstance.
We’ve had all the fuss and feathers.
But it’s time….It’s time for Dodger baseball !!! “

I made it a point to come home early, told wife I'm ordering food, opened a new bottle of bourbon and put on the YES app, which sucks, but it is what it is.....and I get that first inning. I would have said the F word slightly less in my office.

Rays-Ball ‘24, baby!

The upper level was closed off on opening day? They really couldnt sell it out today?
Nope. The new stadium won’t sell out on OD either. But it’ll be pretty. And the payroll will be the same.
Baseball tickets today

Rays - available as low as $17
Marlins - available as low as $7
A's - available as low as $12

Conversely if you want to see
Phillies - as low as $113
Astros - as low as $52
Padres - as low as $51

All prices courtesy of ESPN.com and yeah, Phils are a season opener, but tickets for less than 20 bucks for a major league baseball game are pretty crazy low, imo.

Rays-Ball ‘24, baby!

The upper level was closed off on opening day? They really couldnt sell it out today?
Nope. The new stadium won’t sell out on OD either. But it’ll be pretty. And the payroll will be the same.
Baseball tickets today

Astros - as low as $52
Padres - as low as $51

All prices courtesy of ESPN.com and yeah, Phils are a season opener, but tickets for less than 20 bucks for a major league baseball game are pretty crazy low, imo.
It sounds like the A's had more fans in the parking lot for the home opener than they had inside the stadium with a parking lot protest over their Vegas move.

With the weather predicted to be wet, windy and cold in Oakland tonight I'd expect ticket prices to drop even further down.

Nope. The new stadium won’t sell out on OD either.
Sorry GB you are wrong on this one. The Rays attendance notoriously sucks but they sell out OD every year.
You’re right…I’m just a little frustrated still with the new stadium plan…as is ownership honestly. At least they aren’t moving.
Frustrated by what? The city council?
That they couldn’t get the funding in Tampa….where Ownership believes the upside was.

Rays-Ball ‘24, baby!

Baseball tickets today

Astros - as low as $52
Padres - as low as $51

Always been the best value for pro sports. An NBA game is laughably expensive.

Sorry GB you are wrong on this one. The Rays attendance notoriously sucks but they sell out OD every year.
You’re right…I’m just a little frustrated still with the new stadium plan…as is ownership honestly. At least they aren’t moving.
That they couldn’t get the funding in Tampa….where Ownership believes the upside was.

Portland is breaking ground for our Rays as I type. All are welcome to stay at Chez Malaise when they begin play here in 2028.

Oh yea. Well, that was never happening.

I thought it was eye opening the other day when one of the Glazers said they aren’t looking for a new Tampa stadium. Just assumed they’d be banging that drum.

Users who are viewing this thread