What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Royals Stink Now Since I Posted About It. I Suck At This *** (5 Viewers)

The fact that I pay for about seven different TV/streaming services and not one of them carries TBS is just un*******believable.

That does seem unbelievable. Which ones you in on?
FuboTV
Hulu (not live)
Netflix
Apple
Prime
Had Xfinity (which also doesn't carry it)
HBO Max
MLB
Can you do a Hulu Live trial for 30 days just to get you in for the games?

Or YouTube TV?
Past YTTV subscriber, so no there. Not sure about Hulu live

The fact that I pay for about seven different TV/streaming services and not one of them carries TBS is just un*******believable.

That does seem unbelievable. Which ones you in on?
FuboTV
Hulu (not live)
Netflix
Apple
Prime
Had Xfinity (which also doesn't carry it)
HBO Max
MLB
Can you do a Hulu Live trial for 30 days just to get you in for the games?

Or YouTube TV?
Past YTTV subscriber, so no there. Not sure about Hulu live
No go on the Hulu Live free trial. Bummer.

The Padres bunted with one out in the bottom of the ninth down by one.

How does that make sense?
Grisham was absolutely awful in the series — no hits and Ks in about half of his at-bats — so maybe they figured a bunt advancing the tying run to third was better than whatever he’d do swinging away. But if he can’t be trusted, just pinch hit for him.

Equally baffling was not bringing in Hader to face Harper. You gotta bring your best guy in for the highest-leverage situation of the season. Instead Melvin managed like it was a regular season game.

But I’ll take it! Woooooooooo!!!!!

Houston's 4th World Series appearance in seven years. Very very impressive.

As a Baltimore Orioles fan it gives me some hope for the future knowing that the brain trust that built the Houston farm system and it's roster have been in Baltimore the last 4 years and the O's are trending up with some excellent young talent after years of being godawful.

Good luck Stros.

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE

Grisham was absolutely awful in the series — no hits and Ks in about half of his at-bats — so maybe they figured a bunt advancing the tying run to third was better than whatever he’d do swinging away. But if he can’t be trusted, just pinch hit for him.

Equally baffling was not bringing in Hader to face Harper. You gotta bring your best guy in for the highest-leverage situation of the season. Instead Melvin managed like it was a regular season game.

But I’ll take it! Woooooooooo!!!!!

It was not a sacrifice attempt. He was trying for a basehit and didn't execute. As other's have said he wasn't hitting well so he was trying to get on base and highly doubt it was called by the coaching staff. If he executes and gets it by the pitcher it's an easy single and now base loaded. It wasn't a terrible idea for the batter that was up. He just didn't execute it.

Not bringing in Hader was inexcusable for that situation. So was never coming inside.......even if it was just for show. Every pitch was outer half and Harper was completely geared for it. Every swing was going oppo. The pitch sequencing was terrible. I think a FB in followed by the change away would have had a better chance. Too many pitches in the same location to a really good hitter that is on fire. Not going to end well.

How do you root for either one? Easy pass. Love it that there are so many other options.
:lmao:

At least it's better than the Dodgers or Yankees in World Series (both with payrolls over $200 mil), isn't that pretty old at this point?
um, the phillies payroll is 242 million
This link shows them at $168 mil going into the season but yes, it escalated as the season progressed.

Hey, they haven't won in awhile...maybe they're learning you need to spend money to make money.

Best site to buy World Series tix through for games in Philly and is best strategy to lock in now or wait and hope they come down some?

Best site to buy World Series tix through for games in Philly and is best strategy to lock in now or wait and hope they come down some?
I highly doubt they go down any unless the Phills get rolled the first couple games and look like they will be swept.

I highly doubt they go down any unless the Phills get rolled the first couple games and look like they will be swept.
Any sites to stay away from purchasing tix or are Ticketmaster/Stubhub/Vividseats etc the best bets?

Any sites to stay away from purchasing tix or are Ticketmaster/Stubhub/Vividseats etc the best bets?
I used stubhub when the Royals were in the World Series back in 2014 and 2015.

I use the official team ticket exchange when I buy. Safest way to ensure you don’t get scammed. I typically wait till the day of the game to buy as sellers generally panic but that won’t help you here.

I'd use Seatgeek or a similar site and look around the day of the game. My experience is that prices fall pretty rapidly the closer you get to game time, so if you're local and flexible you can pre-game somewhere near the stadium, pick up tix an hour before the game and get there easily in time for the game.

I use the official team ticket exchange when I buy. Safest way to ensure you don’t get scammed. I typically wait till the day of the game to buy as sellers generally panic but that won’t help you here.
I don't think you have to worry about getting scammed on seatgeek or stubhub. All the tickets are electronic these days and to sell tix you usually have to upload a barcode (at least for NFL games). I sell NFL tickets this way and you can have it listed on both of the above and as soon as one sells it's gone from the sites and noted in your NFL team account that you sold it.

Predictions? Both teams are hot. I’m very biased but the Phils look unstoppable at the moment. No matter how much they’re down, you just know that clutch HR is coming. The pitching has been good enough. No doubt Houston will be their toughest challenge to date. Houston has a great lineup and very good pitching. This series should go to 7 IMO. I predict Phils complete their miracle run.

Predictions? Both teams are hot. I’m very biased but the Phils look unstoppable at the moment. No matter how much they’re down, you just know that clutch HR is coming. The pitching has been good enough. No doubt Houston will be their toughest challenge to date. Houston has a great lineup and very good pitching. This series should go to 7 IMO. I predict Phils complete their miracle run.
I think Houston wins it. They are just a machine right now.

Would rather the Phillies win it. Love the story and I love the wild card team rocking the system and winning it would be great.

I don't think you have to worry about getting scammed on seatgeek or stubhub. All the tickets are electronic these days and to sell tix you usually have to upload a barcode (at least for NFL games). I sell NFL tickets this way and you can have it listed on both of the above and as soon as one sells it's gone from the sites and noted in your NFL team account that you sold it.
This is great to hear, I really like the format on Seatgeek where it shows you the better deals and where you are taking it in the shorts. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread