What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (1 Viewer)

I am glad Morey is in office, because selling Simmons at such a low value is terrible idea. i think the future of Ben with the Sixers will probably be figured out 1.5-2 months into the off-season. Does a month or 2 working with the coaches regularly make improvements. 

Again, i think everyone is looking at the Ben situation so wrong. Everybody, especially most of the local, act like he has no value and is a terrible player. it is so silly how the recency bias has everyone drowning in Ben hate. Before game 4 of that Hawks series no one would even think about most of these trade scenarios being floated around 

other questions are more intriguing. which free agents on the team are coming back. i would like Korkmaz because i think he has improved well, but he may price himself off of the team. The Danny Green and George Hill questions are pretty intriguiing too. 

I for one, would love to see them put in a ton of work with B-Ball Paul this off-season as well. i don't see any reason why he can't be the team's stretch 5, and even play the 4 some times. getting a qulity stretch 5 who can shoot occassional 3s with Ben on the floor will be a huge difference. and that is why i like what Morey talks about when he states over and over that the team can't be focused on one element and build the team that way. they need to be flexible, and majority of trade proposals out there doesn't do that at all. 

modogg said:
all of the trades out there are so terrible and bad. If you do the Roco and CJ one you guys talked about above, Sixers would like be 4th seed or maybe worse, and would be lucky to get to the 2nd round, let alone be ECF

Sexton, Love and picks is horrible too. what are you going to do with Toby and Love? Sexton is a volume shooter, and yes the Sixers should be taking more 3s, but only thing i see hapening in most of these trade scenarios is chemistry of the team going down and Sixers being a worse regular season team
Who would you say are the players available for trade?  And then, of those teams, who has a fit/need for Simmons?

Sixers wasted the last two seasons of Embiid.  He is a top 5 player in the league, and MVP candidate.  You build around him.  Simmons has proven time and time again that he isn't a fit, and his mental issues have now made him a liability.  Do you take a chance on the HOPE that he starts to shoot, gets better at FTs and stops playing scared, or do you try to win now?

Who would you say are the players available for trade?  And then, of those teams, who has a fit/need for Simmons?

Sixers wasted the last two seasons of Embiid.  He is a top 5 player in the league, and MVP candidate.  You build around him.  Simmons has proven time and time again that he isn't a fit, and his mental issues have now made him a liability.  Do you take a chance on the HOPE that he starts to shoot, gets better at FTs and stops playing scared, or do you try to win now?
I'd say 15-20 teams could easily use Ben and benefit from having him, and i would say players available that could help the #1 seed Sixers to get significantly better while losing Ben is like Dame, and Beal. and both of those teams don't need to make the deal. Lowest i may go is like a D'Aron Fox, but Sixers need more then just Fox

The anti-Ben hate has gone so overboard, and people are forgetting that he did contribute to their seeding, and was a good option with his triple double in the Washington series, and his shut down of Trae Young won them game 2.  i'm at the point where i hope they sign Ben for 10 years and have these goofball PPG-focused internet fans have their brains blown with Ben staying on the team. 

the pretty obvious move is to try and utilize the trade exception and hope to get a guy like Sexton or maybe put together a few things and grab Lowery. Interesting if they are trying to move Ben off of PG, and if they are moving him to PF or something could be interesting too

Last edited by a moderator:
my guess is Ben isn't traded for a bit, so better discussion is with the free agents? I would like to see Korkmaz back, but he may get a better deal in the current market. Danny Green has value, but he seems on his way out too. 

something that hasn't really been discussed much at all, would be moving off of Tobias Harris contract. no doubt Toby had a good year and helped a lot at times. at the same time he has a large contract that prevents the Sixers from a lot of moves. i wonder if they could swing a deal with Toby for a CJ McCollum or something similar around the league

Lots of noise that Lowry is coming to Philly -- not sure how a reasonable sign and trade for a UFA works here though.  George Hill and convince Danny Green to re-sign and get traded back to the Raptors?

Then a Simmons trade is for a wing and can include Maxey or Shake?

97.5 fanatic fanfest is on right now. Dei Lynum is on the air and she is trashed. It's kind of funny. 

Assuming Simmons comes back now, what is the 15-man roster, and the various line-ups?  Seems like we will have same starting 5 as last year, but second unit will be Simmons at Point-Center.  What other line-ups should we anticipate?  Like, what is the 4thQ or crunch time lineup?  

PG:  Simmons, Maxey, Shake

SG: Curry, Joe, Springer

SF:  Green, Thybulle, Kork

PF:  Harris, Georges, Reed

C; Embiid, Drummond

Bassey or Harrison 15th?

Did I read this right? Ben tried to fake having Covid to get out of game 7? Dude. I've never seen a mores terrified "superstar".

https://thelibertyline.com/2021/10/15/ben-simmons-fake-covid-test/

"Simmons was being held out of the team’s shootaround, he told them, due to a possible exposure to a team masseuse, who’d returned an inconclusive COVID-19 test.

Several players were questioned about whether they’d seen her that morning, but only Simmons said that he had.

“He answered the question honestly, without thinking of the implications,” says one source close to Simmons.

But according to multiple sources, many within the team questioned whether Simmons had actually seen the masseuse — or was just trying to get out of playing as he battled the basketball version of the yips.

Later in the day, the staffer and Simmons’ test results came back negative, according to sources, and he was cleared to play in the game. But he wasn’t in a good place, and neither were the Sixers.

“He was thrown,” the source says."

need2know said:
Maxey already a better fit. Lmao.  Should have sat Ben last year....
They love Maxey.  Simmons won't be traded until they feel like they are getting a player who is better than Maxey basically.

Terrible home loss to the nets which seemed just like playoff collapses last year.  But other than that they look good.  Better than I thought they would starting out.   Curry taking more shots and I like Maxey in the starting 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread