What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 8th spot draft position** (1 Viewer)

Payne

Footballguy
This may be the worst draft position this year.

12 team PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE. No flex.

Been mocking all weekend for a draft I have tonight.
Top 7 90% of the time are:
JJ
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Hill
Kelce
Kupp

To me, there are 18 players I want in the first two rounds. I mock to see how I can get the best two.
JJ
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Hill
Kelce
Kupp

Bijon
Barkley
Chubb
Henry
Jacobs
JT ?

Adams
Diggs
AJ Brown
St Brown
Wilson

I have no problem going two WR's. Diggs/Wilson seems to be a popular pairing to start with.
Then I hammer RB's 3-6 in some manner.

I have tried RB at 8 (Bijon/Barkley) and I end up not liking it as much as going WR in the 1st. So much depth at RB this year in those middle rounds.

As of now, the plan is Diggs at 8 and if a stud RB falls to me....Pollard, Chub, maybe Jacobs, I would have to consider it. Otherwise WR/WR is probably how it will end up.

Another problem with this spot is Allen, Mahommes and Hurts seem to always go early 3rd right in front of you. So, if you want one, need to take them in the 2nd. Too early for me.

Last edited:
Since everyone appears so enamored with this thread, I figure I would add to it.

Just finished 12 team PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE as stated above.

Hill
Lamb (should have maybe gone Jacobs. RB's went fast than expected)
A Jones
Mattison (Not my favorite pick)
J Herbert
McLaurin
J Cook
Pickens
Kincaid (I am higher than most)
Collins
Perine
Okonkwo
D Harris
Eagles
Bass

Last edited:
Just had a 12 team PPR draft last night out of the 9th spot. Kupp fell to me in the 1st and Barkley in the 2nd. I ended up picking Debo in the 3rd, but had my choice of Cooper and Allen. Higgens wen't right before my pick and I would have taken him.

JJ
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Hill
Kelce
Kupp

To me, there are 18 players I want in the first two rounds. I mock to see how I can get the best two.
JJ
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Hill
Kelce
Kupp

Bijon
Barkley
Chubb
Henry
Jacobs
JT ?

Adams
Diggs
AJ Brown
St Brown
Wilson

I have no problem going two WR's. Diggs/Wilson seems to be a popular pairing to start with.

I have tried RB at 8 (Bijon/Barkley) and I end up not liking it as much as going WR in the 1st. So much depth at RB this year in those middle rounds.

As of now, the plan is Diggs at 8 and if a stud RB falls to me....Pollard, Chub, maybe Jacobs, I would have to consider it. Otherwise WR/WR is probably how it will end up.

Another problem with this spot is Allen, Mahommes and Hurts seem to always go early 3rd right in front of you. So, if you want one, need to take them in the 2nd. Too early for me.

My own thoughts on having such a rigid plan. I much prefer to mix the two positions and start out RB/WR or WR/RB, that way you're offered the best flexibility when round 3,4,5 hit and you can pivot to the best value or available player, instead of thinking "ok, now have to draft 4 RBs in a row because I started with 2 WRs". Probably not helpful or player-specific but I much prefer to mix the two positions, unless a crazy value or unexpected player fell.

Last edited:

JJ
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Hill
Kelce
Kupp

JJ
Chase
CMC
Ekeler
Hill
Kelce
Kupp

Bijon
Barkley
Chubb
Henry
Jacobs
JT ?

Adams
Diggs
AJ Brown
St Brown
Wilson

You have some 'IF' guys in there. Henry has a lot of mileage, Can Ekeler keep it up another season? is JT Jonathan Taylor? I'd be more inclined to let someone else draft these 3. maybe Ekeler is OK. but as other's have said there are plenty of serviceable RBs to draft in the RB dead zone or later.
one of these guys are going to pop this year - Gibbs, Khalil Herbert ( check his off the charts effeciency!) , Tyjae Spears..then guys likeTank Bigsby, AJ Dillon, and some others. Gibbs and Herbert are going to crush it right out of the gate. Dillon/Bigsby/Spears are for the second half of the season most likely. I'd throw Ty Chandler in there as well. Even Chuba Hubbard has value have you seen the list of injuries Miles Sanders has accumulated over the years?
But you want/NEED to stack up on the Jahan Dotson, Christian Watson, Drake London, Garret Wilson type of guys. Of the bunch, Dotson and Watson are going to SMASH it this year.
You can also wait on a QB, grab a guy like Love, Purdy, Richardson, deshaun watson,

Kelce is great and all, but at drafting a TE at that high of a spot, what are you getting as RB1-2, WR 1-2 , do you get top talent or guys ranked in the teens for their position?
Punt on TE, grab Njoku later on he's a stud. some of the other lesser TEs are going to be available but only one guy can have kelce, everyone else pretty much has a pile of lawn mulch after that. so be equal to everyone at TE, but slay them with those young WRs.

at the end of the year I fully expect the top 10 WRs to be
JJ
Chase
Dotson
Watson
London
Pickens
Wilson
for starters...plus some others.

I'm 8th pick in PPR in FFPC main event on Sunday. I like the spot a lot. Lot of options that I should be ready for. It's not the draft slot, it's who you pick & plan on at least 35% wasted picks in the first 9 rounds. just the way it is regardless of your effort.

Users who are viewing this thread