What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official Aaron Rodgers injury thread ***** (1 Viewer)

All the collarbone stuff is stemming from the Bears sideline reporter.

Rosenthal challenged an ESPN tweet that seemed to jump the gun.

So, assuming the reports are accurate, that's his season—right?
I would think he could be back by the playoffs but then again the Packers will be hard pressed to make it with this injury.

Bradford

Cutler

Rodgers

Schaub

Sanchez

Hoyer

Vick

Rough year for starting QBs

Sweetness_34 said:
Rodgers is a ###### for not playing.... Karma is great. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Hopefully we ended the packers season tonight...
You were entertaing as a clown when the joke was on you. As a troll, you can just go away.

I understand Rodgers owners will be bummed but how about the owners of some of these WRs like Nelson, Boykin, Jones, oof.
hmm, what if you had both nelson and rodgers? double bummed :(

if its a collar bone, isnt that 4-6 weeks... ryan mathews came back in that time frame last year and he's a running back... holy crud does seneca wallace have 0 arm strength... this whole offense not named lacy gets a giant thumbs down for the next several weeks.

second thought a team with a better LB and D line will easily be able to contain lacy without the threat of a vertical passing game

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweetness_34 said:
Rodgers is a ###### for not playing.... Karma is great. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Hopefully we ended the packers season tonight...
So what will your karma be for saying something so hateful?

Sweetness_34 said:
the :e: trolls can say what they want about me being like this guy...but you would never see me being the homer he is...nor would you ever see me post something this stupid.

Sweetness_34 said:
the :e: trolls can say what they want about me being like this guy...but you would never see me being the homer he is...nor would you ever see me post something this stupid.
Paging Brett Favre

Sweetness_34 said:
Paging Brett Favre
He may actually have a pager...if he can remember where he put it.

Is Bob McGinn to blame? He authored this article in the Gazette earlier today.

You hear it all the time, even from those who regard themselves as wise in the ways of pro football.

I heard it again last week, from one of the sagest individuals in the state press corps.

It’s a simple yet pervasive line of thinking in the event that quarterback Aaron Rodgers should suffer an injury sidelining him for most if not all of the season. The theory goes that it makes no difference what players might be behind Rodgers. If No. 12 goes down, all hope is lost—the Green Bay Packers would be finished.

Every coach, player and executive working at 1265 Lombardi Ave. should take that as a personal affront.

We’ve seen Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson, their staffs and the players overcome more injuries in the last four seasons than any National Football League team. Time and time again they’ve lost key players only to plug in well-prepared backups and keep on winning.

They’ve never had to make do without possibly the finest player in the league. Losing Rodgers to major injury would be the nightmare of all nightmares. He makes everyone’s job easier.

Yet, no organization would be better equipped to handle it than Green Bay.

Fools will cry that I’m jinxing Rodgers and the Packers by writing about this. :oldunsure:

What I’m doing is taking a close look at the disaster plan that the Packers have rehearsed countless times behind closed doors. Lack of preparation is inexcusable, and these people didn’t play the second half of the 45th Super Bowl without eight starters and still win by being unprepared.

Injury is the grimmest fact of life in the NFL. The Packers have been immune at quarterback for 21 years, but it doesn’t represent the unthinkable for them. They’re paid not just to meet catastrophe, but to conquer it.
Full article

mcarthy just said at post game presser no exact diagnosis on injury, he wouldnt speculate, said he only spoke to rodgers after the game.... said they are doing tests and he'd have more info tomorrow

Sweetness_34 said:
Paging Brett Favre
I thought we had resolved that Favre should be kept away from all mobile devices.

Sweetness_34 said:
Paging Brett Favre
I thought we had resolved that Favre should be kept away from all mobile devices.
Don't think he can do much with his pager...other than maybe have someone type out 1134.

GB will be fine without him. Rodgers is merely a "system" quarterback in a lucky situation. Give the next guy up a week of practice and he'll look just as good.

Sarnoff keeps trying...you should stick to picking on Tim.

Sweetness_34 said:
Paging Brett Favre
Don't think he can do much with his pager...other than maybe have someone type out 1134.
What about "BOOBIES"?

GB will be fine without him. Rodgers is merely a "system" quarterback in a lucky situation. Give the next guy up a week of practice and he'll look just as good.
Put the pipe down you crackhead.
:lmao: The irony of the post you quoted and your username is immeasurable.

FWIW, per twitter Rodgers told Jason Wilde (host of his radio show) that "We're getting some tests tomorrow." Asked if he wants to do the radio show tomorrow "Just depends on my treatment schedule"

Put the pipe down you crackhead.
:lmao: The irony of the post you quoted and your username is immeasurable.FWIW, per twitter Rodgers told Jason Wilde (host of his radio show) that "We're getting some tests tomorrow." Asked if he wants to do the radio show tomorrow "Just depends on my treatment schedule"
Saw this on twitter, too. It adds the question Wilde asked Rodgers when he got the "we're getting tests" answer that you referenced.#iMessage RT @jasonjwilde: Asked via iMessage if he broke his collarbone, Aaron Rodgers replied, "We're getting some tests tomorrow."

Not exactly a no. I don't know if you can really read into such a small snippet, but it feels a little evasive to me.

Edited to add: the tweet I copied is from Ian Rapoport.

Yeah Boomer Esiasian said on the radio broadcast that he heard it was a broken collar bone.
Just to be clear, Boomer said it looked serious from what he saw from the booth. He talked about watching him with his binoculars. It sounded asinine because he said Rodgers is most likely done for the regular season, his reason for saying this was by watching the play and seeing him throw a few passes right after the injury. He mentioned no sources, he just played doctor from the booth.

Now I'm no doctor, but I've seen similar shoulder injuries and even had one myself when I played in HS. Here's my uneducated opinion:

If it is indeed broken, wouldn't they have been able to diagnosis that from the x-rays? I remember in HS when our QB broke his collarbone, he was in serious pain and they put his shoulder in a sling right away. Rodgers ran off the field w/o favoring his shoulder and then came back on the field later sans sling.

Now I could be completely wrong, but I don't think it's broken (or at least hope for my fantasy teams sake). I think he probably has a sprain or maybe tiny fracture. If it's a sprain, he could play through it. Brady played through a similar injury and I believe Rodgers has already played through a sprain. I guess we'll know more today. But I don't think it's as severe as some others.

On the radio they were talking during the game that Rodgers was back on the sideline not in a sling. However McCarren said that he never saw him move his arm either and that he kept his hand in his pocket.

I understand Rodgers owners will be bummed but how about the owners of some of these WRs like Nelson, Boykin, Jones, oof.
This. Nelson has been a huge key to me surviving my Trent pick. Wallace looks like dreck. Lacy (and maybe Starks) will be the I ky viable starters. I'm nit sure I'd keep Nelson in if Wallace is QB.

Now I'm no doctor, but I've seen similar shoulder injuries and even had one myself when I played in HS. Here's my uneducated opinion:

If it is indeed broken, wouldn't they have been able to diagnosis that from the x-rays? I remember in HS when our QB broke his collarbone, he was in serious pain and they put his shoulder in a sling right away. Rodgers ran off the field w/o favoring his shoulder and then came back on the field later sans sling.

Now I could be completely wrong, but I don't think it's broken (or at least hope for my fantasy teams sake). I think he probably has a sprain or maybe tiny fracture. If it's a sprain, he could play through it. Brady played through a similar injury and I believe Rodgers has already played through a sprain. I guess we'll know more today. But I don't think it's as severe as some others.
A sprained collarbone?

Users who are viewing this thread