What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Artificial Intelligence (AI) Thread*** Latest: US Air Force confirms first successful AI dogfight (1 Viewer)

“Here’s the super easy headline statement: AI, or music that contains AI-created elements, is absolutely eligible for entry and for consideration for Grammy nomination. Period. What’s not going to happen is we are not going to give a Grammy or Grammy nomination to the AI portion,” Mason told Associated Press. “As long as the human is contributing in a more than de minimis amount, which to us means a meaningful way, they are and will always be considered for a nomination or a win.”​
The Recording Academy has reportedly reviewed several options regarding the eligibility of AI-generated music, namely, through research and informational tech summits. Following such action, the Academy has set defined boundaries in the songwriting and composition realms.​
For example, if the vocals on a record are generated using AI, it would be ineligible for performance categories but could still receive a nomination in the songwriting category. “Conversely, if a song was sung by an actual human in the studio, and they did all the performing, but AI wrote the lyric or the track, the song would not be eligible in a composition or a songwriting category,” Mason continued to explain.​
“We don’t want to see technology replace human creativity,” he added. “We want to make sure technology is enhancing, embellishing, or additive to human creativity. So that’s why we took this particular stand in this award cycle.”​

I work with ChatGPT and Claude-Instant quite often to troubleshoot issues in our ERP system and to help come up with ideas on how to come up with tSQL to extract data from the mountains of data we have. I can tell you that both of them very often will CONFIDENTLY give you an answer that is CLOSE, but very wrong. When I point out to the AI that their answer won't work because of _______ I usually get a response of "My apologies. You are correct." I feel like I'm training my overlord replacements half the time.

I work with ChatGPT and Claude-Instant quite often to troubleshoot issues in our ERP system and to help come up with ideas on how to come up with tSQL to extract data from the mountains of data we have. I can tell you that both of them very often will CONFIDENTLY give you an answer that is CLOSE, but very wrong. When I point out to the AI that their answer won't work because of _______ I usually get a response of "My apologies. You are correct." I feel like I'm training my overlord replacements half the time.
Yeah, I've had ChatGPT summarize articles/studies a few times, and it literally added things that, although were about the subject matter and may or may not have been accurate, were not in the article. Have no idea where it got those things.

ChatGPT is not good at solving a few simple business Calc problems I gave it. For example, one related to a cost function, C(x) for producing the xth item. The problem is to compute the cost of producing the 71th item using 2 methods, the secant line, C(71) - C(70), and the tangent line approximation using the first derivative. In my conversation, it keeps apologizing as I direct it to the correct approach for the secant method. Finally, it "gets" it. Also, to teach math and science like a human tutor, AI needs to do visual stuff, like graphing and diagrams.

ChatGPT is not good at solving a few simple business Calc problems I gave it. For example, one related to a cost function, C(x) for producing the xth item. The problem is to compute the cost of producing the 71th item using 2 methods, the secant line, C(71) - C(70), and the tangent line approximation using the first derivative. In my conversation, it keeps apologizing as I direct it to the correct approach for the secant method. Finally, it "gets" it. Also, to teach math and science like a human tutor, AI needs to do visual stuff, like graphing and diagrams.
I read of some add-ons (plugins or whatever they call it on there) that help with creating charts, etc. but I think they were only available for the pay version.

In your example, once you corrected it, could ChatGPT get another similar problem correct after learning what you taught it?

Pretty good rundown on the AI features in the new Pixel 8 Pro

Answers spam calls, can summarize web pages and:

Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro also bring big upgrades to real time translation with Live Translate (through the Google Translate app). You’ll soon be able to interpret face-to-face conversations in 49 languages, transcribe messages in real time, and translate signs. Moreover, Google Translate now gets Automatic language detection when you speak to translate

Sam Altman gets booted by the board at Open AI, immediately start discussing his return, and Miscrosoft announces today that the's joining them.

From Morning Brew:
This weekend’s episodes of The Real Executives of Silicon Valley were particularly engrossing: A shocking firing of a tech superstar, breathless gossip about why he was dumped, and a final twist that left everyone even more stunned. Good thing it’s only the future of artificial intelligence that’s at stake.
The latest: Early this morning, Microsoft announced it had hired ex-OpenAI CEO Sam Altman and President Greg Brockman to lead an advanced research lab after they were pushed out of their previous company by the board. The hires are seen as a business masterstroke by Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, who was given lemons and turned them into the most delicious lemonade you’ve ever tried.
The backstory: On Friday, OpenAI’s board abruptly fired Altman without telling anyone beforehand—not even Microsoft, which invested $13 billion in the ChatGPT maker. Brockman resigned in protest, and the company—one of the most influential in tech—was thrown into turmoil.
  • After Altman’s dismissal, the tech community rallied behind him and Brockman and bashed the board’s decision, which some said was as “irresponsible” as Steve Jobs getting fired by Apple in 1985.
  • Top OpenAI investors (like Microsoft) were irate about what happened, and over the weekend tried to get Altman and Brockman to return. But that didn’t work out. To replace Altman in the interim, OpenAI hired the former CEO of Twitch, Emmett Shear.
Why did OpenAI boot Altman in the first place? While we don’t know the exact beef the board had with Altman (they cited “a breakdown in communications,” not malfeasance), reports suggest that there was a schism over Altman’s aggressive growth plans. Members of the board who believe AI could destroy humanity and want to proceed more cautiously were alarmed by Altman’s fast-paced push to commercialize the company’s powerful ChatGPT chatbot.
Where do we go from here? Microsoft’s relationship with OpenAI must be rocky right now, but by bringing leading AI thinkers Altman and Brockman in-house, Nadella preserved—and even strengthened—the company’s lead in what may be the most disruptive technology in a generation. At the end of all this, a $2.7 trillion company got even richer.

I know @massraider just posted about Altman but does somebody have a more in depth knowledge of why Altman got the boot in the first place? I've read the cliff notes of a handful of headlines and all I get was the board thought Altman was to loose with his release of AI tech? Not sure that's the right way to phrase it. Is Altman wanted to turn Skynet on or what? TIA

I know @massraider just posted about Altman but does somebody have a more in depth knowledge of why Altman got the boot in the first place? I've read the cliff notes of a handful of headlines and all I get was the board thought Altman was to loose with his release of AI tech? Not sure that's the right way to phrase it. Is Altman wanted to turn Skynet on or what? TIA

I *think* the issue comes down to a difference between OpenAI - which is non-profit - and a subset of the larger company, which is OpenAI LP - which is for profit.

The board oversees the non-profit, and the speculation is that Altman was pushing too quickly innovate and monetize - to support the for profit aspect.

Initial reports seemed to fault Altman for his dismissal, but once more has come out, it seems most people are faulting the board.

Microsoft probably is the big winner here - despite having a $13B investment in OpenAI - they have now hired a big chunk of the team to continue to build their in-house AI capabilities.

I *think* the issue comes down to a difference between OpenAI - which is non-profit - and a subset of the larger company, which is OpenAI LP - which is for profit.

The board oversees the non-profit, and the speculation is that Altman was pushing too quickly innovate and monetize - to support the for profit aspect.

Initial reports seemed to fault Altman for his dismissal, but once more has come out, it seems most people are faulting the board.

Microsoft probably is the big winner here - despite having a $13B investment in OpenAI - they have now hired a big chunk of the team to continue to build their in-house AI capabilities.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. I'm still trying to understand how Microsoft has a fairly substantial investment in OpenAI but are hiring away it's lead tech guy to head up Microsoft's own AI :loco:

Thanks for the insight into the OpenAI not-for-profit and OpenAI LP for profit. Didn't realize that :thumbup:

I wish I was better informed on this subject. I use free AI chats daily instead of google. I play with a few image creators for fun. I've listened to Altman, Eliezer and Elon a few times on longer podcasts. It's kind of mind-blowing how they all casually talk about the potential threat of this tech.

Here's a good example from the new CEO of OpenAI

Smiling and chuckling about a possible 50% chance of human instinction? I see stuff like that quite a bit and always wonder how? By what method is AI capable of this?

Users who are viewing this thread