What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Broncos vs Colts (1 Viewer)

Righetti

Footballguy
My first chance to see Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell...hope to see Bell get a chance with the first unit against the Colts starting defenders..

My first chance to see Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell...

hope to see Bell get a chance with the first unit against the Colts starting defenders..
These next two preseason games are going to answer once and for all what is happening in the Broncos backfield.Whoever opens this game as the starter, barring a miracle, will open the season as the starter.

If one back or the other does NOT play next week, then it's no contest in Shanahan's mind that they're the starter for the whole season. Shanahan doesn't play his starters at all in the last preseason game unless they're still battling for the start.

My first chance to see the Big-Un -- Mr. D-a-y-n-e. He's gonna make a statement tonight -- even if it is against the 2nd string defense.Lets go Ron D! :boxing: Bust a few loose. :scared:

bell returns to the scene of the crime... that was one of his best games last season (in the regular season, i mean... not the playoffs)... i think he had a few TDs & busted a long pass play. that game, as much as maybe any other, put him on the map in 2004.

bell returns to the scene of the crime... that was one of his best games last season (in the regular season, i mean... not the playoffs)... i think he had a few TDs & busted a long pass play. that game, as much as maybe any other, put him on the map in 2004.
Indy has a habit of putting backup Denver RBs on the map. Bell owners just hope he fares a little better than Quentin Griffin did.

17 IND 16 91 5.7 0 2 16 8.0 Are you sure you arent think of Griffin's 03 game?

Notice that Anderson's the starter, though.That's it, Bell owners. Abandon whatever paper-thin hopes you still harbored of your boy starting the season.

My first chance to see Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell...

hope to see Bell get a chance with the first unit against the Colts starting defenders..
These next two preseason games are going to answer once and for all what is happening in the Broncos backfield.Whoever opens this game as the starter, barring a miracle, will open the season as the starter.

If one back or the other does NOT play next week, then it's no contest in Shanahan's mind that they're the starter for the whole season. Shanahan doesn't play his starters at all in the last preseason game unless they're still battling for the start.
Acutually THIS game is the game that decides who will be the workhorse, shanny already said he is resting ALL of his starters next week.

plummer trips

anderson for 4 yards

incomplete

punt

nice start for the broncs!
It wasn't the offense Denver fans worried about.Peyton Manning 0 for 3 (0 for 4 if you count the penalty).

Nice start for the Broncs! :)

Notice that Anderson's the starter, though.

That's it, Bell owners. Abandon whatever paper-thin hopes you still harbored of your boy starting the season.
The question then becomes: How long can Anderson keep the job? That's going to determine where people decide to draft him. I'm not a Bell owner but I have to think at some point he gets a shot to start. Anderson, though, should remain in the mix as (at worst) the goal-line RB so even if you draft him and he loses the job he could still be a viable spot starter as a RB3 in flex leagues given the TD potential.

plummer trips

anderson for 4 yards

incomplete

punt

nice start for the broncs!
It wasn't the offense Denver fans worried about.Peyton Manning 0 for 3 (0 for 4 if you count the penalty).

Nice start for the Broncs! :)
I have Plummer though! I've never had a starting QB that makes me as nervous.

Mike Anderson's trade value will never be this high again IMO. Is there a particular good WR you want to trade for? Now's your chance.
93 Yard TD run by Anderson.Bell owners kicking dogs all over America.

That's it, Bell owners. Abandon whatever paper-thin hopes you still harbored of your boy starting the season.
The question then becomes: How long can Anderson keep the job? That's going to determine where people decide to draft him. I'm not a Bell owner but I have to think at some point he gets a shot to start. Anderson, though, should remain in the mix as (at worst) the goal-line RB so even if you draft him and he loses the job he could still be a viable spot starter as a RB3 in flex leagues given the TD potential.
I don't know why you have to think that. Shanahan has never shown a tendency to give backups a shot to start unless the starter gives the job away.Basically, this job is Anderson's until he does something to give it away. Bell can't overtake him at this point, and I seriously doubt he'll win the job in the middle of the season unless Anderson just ceases being effective.

Besides, here's the one question that Bell supporters just can't answer. If he didn't outperform Mike Anderson in training camps, and he didn't outperform him in the preseason, why is everyone so darn confident he'll outperform him during the regular season?

He finished last season as #5 overall, despite Denver's horrid red zone offense. I suspect you got him for a much lower price, indeed. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Mike Anderson's trade value will never be this high again IMO. Is there a particular good WR you want to trade for? Now's your chance.
That was impressive :excited: and his trade value just got higher.

He finished last season as #5 overall, despite Denver's horrid red zone offense. I suspect you got him for a much lower price, indeed. I wouldn't be too concerned.
I got him REAL cheap. I just fear he'll do something dumb every time I see him drop back.

I don't know why you have to think that. Shanahan has never shown a tendency to give backups a shot to start unless the starter gives the job away.Basically, this job is Anderson's until he does something to give it away. Bell can't overtake him at this point, and I seriously doubt he'll win the job in the middle of the season unless Anderson just ceases being effective.

Besides, here's the one question that Bell supporters just can't answer. If he didn't outperform Mike Anderson in training camps, and he didn't outperform him in the preseason, why is everyone so darn confident he'll outperform him during the regular season?

I'm not a Bell supporter. In fact I think he's been a bit overhyped and I haven't forgotten that Shanahan wanted Anderson to have a key role in the running game last season. Personally, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Anderson was Reuben Droughns Redux this season. However, even with Droughns last season we did see Bell inch his way into the picture late in the season. I just wonder if we'll see something like that again this season.

I never in a million years thought Anderson would take this job, but I started getting nervous a few weeks ago and dumped Bell in the one league I had him in. Praise jeebus. MA looked damn good on that run, nice cutback, good speed for an old dude.

Denver's DL is eating Indy's OL alive. Manning has had time to step into one pass ... the one to Harrison that they reviewed.

This Colts offense doesn't look the same without Stokely.
This Colt offense doesnt look the same without their normal game plan. They are so, so vanilla right now. OL is playing horribly too.

Users who are viewing this thread