What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Colin Kaepernick Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else you got going for Kaep besides him having to follow through with some donations as a result of the anthem stunt?

Except for the fact that he pledged to donate $1 mil shortly after his anthem protest went viral.  Almost like something dawned on him.
Kaep can't win. With his critics it is always Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

There was a great tweet where some guy said, Y'all hated Colin cause he didn't stand, now y'all hate him cause he will

Similarly, it was What has he done to help the people he is protesting for? Now it is, Is that all he has done? or He is doing this just for publicity!.  SMH.

What else you got going for Kaep besides him having to follow through with some donations as a result of the anthem stunt?
What more do you want? Have him join the BLM people marching in the streets or be with the student protestors at UC campuses ? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, you started a thread about Colin Kaepernick that ran for over 75 pages where you ranted constantly about him personally, his playing ability and his kneeling for the anthem. You then changed the thread title to make it a personal attack on someone who disagreed with your stance on Kaep - and now you tell someone else to Get a life. Seriously?
You started a thread (which we already had in place, with a poll of over 420 votes...."wahhhh, this isn't titled the Colin Kaepernick thread anymore") after whining and complaining bc you couldn't handle being the butt of all jokes, which I'd assume after 60 years you would get used to by now. 

You obviously were responsible for getting it locked like a little baby. Literally nobody likes you (except Tim bc "you and him stood side by side fighting the good fight for the honorable HRC"), even the people on the same side of the argument as you don't like you. 

Do you have a wife/husband, kids, friends, career, anything? I'd lean no... Yea, it is pretty sad and I stand by my original comment. 

Back to ignore as there is absolutely no reason to engage with you about anything, you're absolutely the worst.

What more do you want? Have him join the BLM people marching in the streets or be with the student protestors at UC campuses ? :lol:
Real action, not look at me action.

2012 - Tony Romo donates $1 million to Urban Alternative

2015 - Peyton Manning's PeyBack Foundation to give more than $1 million to youth organizations, PeyBack established since 1999

2016 - Russell Wilson's Why Not You Foundation Raises More Than $1 Million for Seattle Children's Hospital

I could keep going on and on, but you get the idea.  It's almost an unwritten law that the QBs of the NFL give back.  Most all these guys have established foundations.  Yet Kaep was quoted as saying, "I haven't done any fundraising at this point", after the stunt he pulled.  Surely you see the difference now?  

Since 1999, Peyton’s PeyBack Foundation has provided over $10 million to provide leadership and growth for at-risk youth

2015 - Peyton Manning's PeyBack Foundation to give more than $1 million to youth organizations, PeyBack established since 1999

2016 - Russell Wilson's Why Not You Foundation Raises More Than $1 Million for Seattle Children's Hospital

I could keep going on and on, but you get the idea.  It's almost an unwritten law that the QBs of the NFL give back.  Most all these guys have established foundations.  Yet Kaep was quoted as saying, "I haven't done any fundraising at this point", after the stunt he pulled.  Surely you see the difference now?  
Don't forget Cam Newton who genuinely appears to care about the less fortunate youth. 

Oh, and he is also a great QB.

He is taking real action to the tune of a half million:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/kaepernick-50g-donation-time-meals-wheels-article-1.3004757

Colin Kaepernick makes another $50,000 donation, this time to Meals on Wheels 

Colin Kaepernick may be out of a job and he may have pledged to end his kneeling protest of the national anthem, but he continues his work to make the world a better place.

Kaepernick recently made twin $50,000 donations to Meals on Wheels America and the Love Army for Somalia, a social media campaign that’s trying to raise $2 million for food and water for starving people in that African nation.

Since he began his social justice crusade last year, Kaepernick has donated an estimated $500,000 to assorted charities and community groups. On the free-agent quarterback’s website, kaepernick7.com, there is a running log of the donations he’s made.

Surely you've read the last few posts and can see how $0 prior to his stunt and whatever amount post stunt isn't living up to NFL QB expectations at all?
I would say having donated $500,000 to date is living up to NFL QB expectations.

If you make personal attacks on me in a thread unrelated to what is being discussed, then don't expect me to enter into any type of serious discussion with you after that. 
Pointing out that you like pigeons is a personal attack? I guess Bieber Cleiber is fine by you.  :lmao:

This is bizarre: Sarah Palin is upset at Kaepernick because he donated money to Meals on Wheels, labeling it a "political stunt" and attributes it to one of the reasons he is not landing a starting QB gig:

Sarah Palin‏ @SarahPalinUSA 10h10 hours ago

And he wonders why he can’t find a job...
Please stop....

This thread is like watching somebody get run over by a bus and then having him get up, dust himself off, and hurl himself in front of another bus.

If you make personal attacks on me in a thread unrelated to what is being discussed, then don't expect me to enter into any type of serious discussion with you after that. 
Jesus Christ you want to keep the thread on topic and you pull this crap . Oh BTW practice what you preach , you love lobbing personal attacks . You led a jihad against me because I shop at Walmart by my summer place, something just so trivial but you made it personal and engage in class warfare

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

If you make personal attacks on me in a thread unrelated to what is being discussed, then don't expect me to enter into any type of serious discussion with you after that
Jesus Christ you want to keep the thread on topic and you pull this crap . Oh BTW practice what you preach , you love lobbing personal attacks . You led a jihad against me because I shop at Walmart by my summer place, something just so trivial but you made it personal and engage in class warfare
I didn't pull this crap, your buddy, Bieber Clieber did. :hophead:

But he has pigeons!

Meanwhile, the online reaction to Sarah Palin criticizing Kaep's donation to Meals on Wheels has not been as favorable as she might have hoped:

Raw Story‏  @RawStory 1h1 hour ago

Sarah Palin gets roasted online for complaining about Colin Kaepernick’s donation to Meals on Wheels

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/sarah-palin-gets-roasted-online-for-complaining-about-colin-kaepernicks-donation-to-meals-on-wheels/ …
Wow, mediate, tmz and rawstory are reporting on this.  Must be big news.  Huge!

This is bizarre: Sarah Palin is upset at Kaepernick because he donated money to Meals on Wheels, labeling it a "political stunt" and attributes it to one of the reasons he is not landing a starting QB gig:

Sarah Palin‏ @SarahPalinUSA 10h10 hours ago

And he wonders why he can’t find a job...
That really is stupid, Sarah. Accept that he made the charitable contribution and be done with it. If he's going to use his money for good purposes, why deter him from doing so. 

I'm with squis on this.  

Except for the damn twitter thing again. Jeez.  

I would say having donated $500,000 to date is living up to NFL QB expectations.
well hes not an nfl qb anymore.  so what expectations is he living up to?  oh i know.  its the let me show everyone how great i am so they show mercy on me and give me a job expectations.

That really is stupid, Sarah. Accept that he made the charitable contribution and be done with it. If he's going to use his money for good purposes, why deter him from doing so. 

I'm with squis on this.  

Except the thread is supposed to be about Kaep, not Sarah's tweet about Kaep.  The point is that these donations are currently the only thing Kaep has going for him.  Squiz is under the impression that they are somehow keeping him relevant.  

Except the thread is supposed to be about Kaep, not Sarah's tweet about Kaep.  The point is that these donations are currently the only thing Kaep has going for him.  Squiz is under the impression that they are somehow keeping him relevant.  
A distinction without a difference.

And if he is no longer relevant, why are Donald Trump and Sarah Palin talking about him? Seems to me when POTUS is talking about a person, that would make them relevant.

I'm with squis on this.  

Reaction to Palin on social media has not been kind:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/nobody-can-believe-sarah-palin-is-mad-at-colin-kaepernick-for-donating-to-meals-on-wheels/

Nobody Can Believe Sarah Palin Is Mad at Colin Kaepernick For Donating to Meals on Wheels

[...]

Still, regardless of what headlines are saying about Meals on Wheels, Kaepernick donated his money to a program that feeds some of the neediest Americans. That’s why the post and tweet insisting that there is something nefarious about donating to a program that feeds the disabled and elderly are generating a lot of shock.

Adam H. Johnson @adamjohnsonNYC 9:42 PM - 21 Mar 2017

imagine being so racist you get mad a black athlete for donating to meals on wheels https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/844407155289735172 …

Jessi_M @Mess_OfMe  9:58 PM - 21 Mar 2017

@sarahpalinusa let me get this straight. You're angry b/c Kaepernick donated HIS money to charity that provides meals to housebound elderly?

Dave Lartigue ? @daveexmachina 5:39 AM - 22 Mar 2017

Republicans: Charities will do what gov't doesn't!
Kaepernick: (donates to charity)
S. Palin: what a disgusting political stunt

Rey "Azure" McSriff @aguyuno 2:17 AM - 22 Mar 2017

Colin Kaepernick: "I donated money to Meals on Wheels."
Sarah Palin: "Holy #### look at this #######"

Josh Sánchez @jnsanchez 5:05 AM - 22 Mar 2017 · Manhattan, NY

@SarahPalinUSA what's wrong with donating to charity? So you're saying he'd have a job if he was selfish & didn't help those in need?

Squistion I'm going to ask nicely only one more time to you apologize to Phase. I don't want to take more drastic measures . Apologize and let's move this thread forward

Squistion I'm going to ask nicely only one more time to you apologize to Phase. I don't want to take more drastic measures . Apologize and let's move this thread forward
Dude, seriously? You have called me pisspot, pissclam and rumpswap and there was never an apology for that.

In addition you have used the derogatory and unflattering nickname Squissy, repeatedly, 11 times alone on the first page if you make a search of that word and Phase/Beaver has used it much more often than you.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/search/

A few examples to refresh your memory:

I'll handle the twitter beat while Squissy is missing
Please , leave Squissy out of this

And you have the audacity to demand I apologize to a guy who uses four aliases here for referring to him as Bieber Clieber Really?

:lol:

You are so sensitive...Squissy is a nickname and you find that derogatory and unflattering but you have no problem using Bieber Clieber? That my friend is the definition of a hypocritical snowflake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread