What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Detroit Tigers Bandwagon *** (1 Viewer)

mulliganm

Footballguy
Figured they deserve their own thread.

4-0 top of the first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shelton is incredible. I was so worried about Pena he kind of just snuck up on me and I am a huge Tigers fan. :bag:

I ####### love this! Baseball hasn't been this good since Doyle Alexander was ruling the roost. :towelwave:

:hifive:

I just wish they were on local TV tonight. I know the wings are on and they scored a deal with TV 20, but I sure would like to see Verlander's debut.

Edited to add, was there a better pair than Kell and Kaline calling the game on ch 4 & 50?

I ####### love this!  Baseball hasn't been this good since Doyle Alexander was ruling the roost.  :towelwave:  

Do you happen to recall the name of the minor leaguer the Tigers traded to Atlanta to get Alexander?
John Smoltz?
Smoltz is the answer.Not quite Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson, but not so good either.
False. Alexander was 10-0 for the Tigers down the stretch in 87 and single-handedly got them into the playoffs. This was also under the old formula where only 4 teams made the playoffs.You have a chance at the big ring you make that trade every day of the week. Alexander got the Tigers to the dance. That trade was more than worth it at the time.

I ####### love this!  Baseball hasn't been this good since Doyle Alexander was ruling the roost.  :towelwave:  

Do you happen to recall the name of the minor leaguer the Tigers traded to Atlanta to get Alexander?
Johnny boy and I didn't look beyond this question. :barbarogarbay:

Barbaro Garbey taught my daughter hitting at t ball camp last year!!!All aboard!!!!

Barbaro Garbey taught my daughter hitting at t ball camp last year!!!All aboard!!!!
My Fantasy Baseball team is John Wockenfuss Dinnerware. :bag:

Best Batting Stance Ever. Alomost as good as Tito Fuentes address at the plate.

I loved Tito.

Ruppert Jones

Chris Shelton = Rusty Staub

it sure would be nice to be able to see the tigers on TV once and a while wouldn't it?

another knock for shelton. 3-3. glad I picked up Brad Wilkkerson instead of him last week :bag:

I ####### love this! Baseball hasn't been this good since Doyle Alexander was ruling the roost. :towelwave:

I'm partial to Mickey Tettleton's stance where he went from looking unprepared and lazy to as ready as could be once the pitcher released the ball. The entire can of Kodiak in his cheek only added to the effect.

I'm partial to Mickey Tettleton's stance where he went from looking unprepared and lazy to as ready as could be once the pitcher released the ball. The entire can of Kodiak in his cheek only added to the effect.
That guy was a beast. Gorman Thomas revisited.

Verlander: 7 IP, 2H, 0R, 7K!
Verlander, Bonderman, ZumayaIf those three stay healthy, and they continue to progress...it's going to be good being a Tigers fan. Illitch has said time and time again, show me something and I'll sink some money into the team. If they are in a pennet race this year, Illitch will respond in kind. A top ten attendance figure would go a long way in helping him out.

First time since 1985. All on the road. We need to buckle down because it gets much harder from here. CWS, Cleveland, SEA, OAK, LAA in the next two and a half weeks.

But I'm diggin it. :thumbup:

I've been a Tigers fan since I was little and while it's exciting to start the season this way, enthusiasm should be tempered. Long way to go. It's nice to enjoy for now though. It beats 1-17 in 2003! :unsure:

I hate the Tigers but I like 100/1 to win WS. :thumbup:

Lots of talent to work with there. They should be jacked to play the White Sox tomorrow for the home opener.

Driving to Arlington to go to the game today!

GO TIGERS!

BLESS YOU BOYS! DO IT AGAIN!

WE'RE GOING FOR THAT PENNANT AND WE KNOW HOW TO WIN!

BLESS YOU BOYS!

TIGERS ON FIRE!

I hate the Tigers but I like 100/1 to win WS. :thumbup:

Lots of talent to work with there. They should be jacked to play the White Sox tomorrow for the home opener.
Nice game to see with the Gambler on the hill. I Love that stadium there. :thumbup:

Mon 4/10 909 Chicago White Sox

F. Garcia +1.5 -175 +122 OVER 9 +113

10:05 AM 910 Detroit Tigers

J. Bonderman -1.5 +165 -130 UNDER 9 -123

Users who are viewing this thread