What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

PPR dynasty

Demaryius Thomas and 2016 1.08

2018 1st round pick from the team that earned the 2016 1.01
my guess is its Dthomas and the 1.08 for a 2018 first from a bad team?

If thats the case ill take dthomas and 1.08, not sure what the 2018 class is like and the team could easily improve by then where the 2018 pick isnt that high

TheBottomLine said:
Nothing life changing but....

Tavon Austin

for

Jamison Crowder

Also this one:

Golden Tate + 2016 7th Rounder

for

Stefon Diggs + 2016 5th Rounder + 2017 2nd Rounder

Both are PPR
Crowder

Diggs

Doubledown1313 said:
PPR dynasty

DT...

Even if that is the 2018 1.01 2 years of DT is worth that and The player at 1.08 is just as likely to be worth more than that 2018 pick in 2 years

Bfrahm3 said:
PPR dynasty 12 team

Team A gave- Larry Fitzgerald, Justin Hardy, 2016 first (1.11), 2016 third (3.07) and 2017 Second (most likely late)

Team B gave- 2016 second (2.01) and 2017 first (most likely top 6)
Definitely worth a shot at an early 1st...nothing you are going to miss going the other way and reality is today I might trade all that for a late 2017 1st

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
Since White was going close to pick five last year, this implies White has actually gained value over the past season. I'll take the picks, but the difference is small.

Doubledown1313 said:
PPR dynasty

DT side, this is a pretty bad deal for the side getting the 2018 pick

TheBottomLine said:

Tavon Austin

for

Jamison Crowder

Also this one:

for

Both are PPR
Tate

Team A gave

Moncrief

Team B gave

picks

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
Picks

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
Since White was going close to pick five last year, this implies White has actually gained value over the past season. I'll take the picks, but the difference is small.
Significantly weaker draft class. White would easily be 1.01 this year.
Correct. Where White was going last year is irrelevant to this class.

Is there ANYONE out there who can possibly defended that DT and pick 8 for the 2018 1st trade??

EVen if it were a fact that pick would be #1 it would be stupid.

I personally am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of trading late 1st round picks for future 1sts, even if it is two years down the road for a pick I am very sure will be a top 3 pick, and I still think this is one of the dumbest deals I have ever seen. Maybe not the worst value, just the dumbest, and belongs in the worst offer thread not the completed trades thread.

Pick 8 for a projected top 2018 1st would be a deal I could see people debating both sides. Demaryius for free on top of that? Lord

Is there ANYONE out there who can possibly defended that DT and pick 8 for the 2018 1st trade??

I personally am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of trading late 1st round picks for future 1sts, even if it is two years down the road for a pick I am very sure will be a top 3 pick, and I still think this is one of the dumbest deals I have ever seen. Maybe not the worst value, just the dumbest, and belongs in the worst offer thread not the completed trades thread.

Pick 8 for a projected top 2018 1st would be a deal I could see people debating both sides. Demaryius for free on top of that? Lord
Dude, calm down. You're stomping around the Pool like Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
this is wrong
Is it? Not sure I think anyone in this class is better than White but I'd be interested to hear who is and why

Team A gave

Moncrief

Team B gave

id say this is pretty fair but would lean slightly to the monecrief side since he has proven he can be a pretty good WR and has alot of potential. both of the picks are "higher" but you arent really getting a top guy that a lot of people would feel that great about

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
this is wrong
Is it? Not sure I think anyone in this class is better than White but I'd be interested to hear who is and why
IMO yes, Gurley and Cooper were in a tier of their own last season, with White, Gordon, and Parker behind them. Elliot is 95% of what Gurley gives you and will likely be a top 25 draft pick. Treadwell is being mocked anywhere from 4-16 (pre combine still obvi).

I see the 2015 class as better at the very top (ie cooper and gurley) and the early to mid range rbs. But the 2016 has every bit of the wr (or more) from 2015

Team A gave

Moncrief

Team B gave

id say this is pretty fair but would lean slightly to the monecrief side since he has proven he can be a pretty good WR and has alot of potential. both of the picks are "higher" but you arent really getting a top guy that a lot of people would feel that great about
I agree this is a pretty even trade but to be fair Moncrief was a second round pick in rookie drafts so it's hard to say if you'd feel great about the player chose at 1.07 or not.

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
this is wrong
IMO yes, Gurley and Cooper were in a tier of their own last season, with White, Gordon, and Parker behind them. Elliot is 95% of what Gurley gives you and will likely be a top 25 draft pick. Treadwell is being mocked anywhere from 4-16 (pre combine still obvi).

I see the 2015 class as better at the very top (ie cooper and gurley) and the early to mid range rbs. But the 2016 has every bit of the wr (or more) from 2015
If White was in this class he would be drafted ahead of Treadwell. So at worst he is going 1.2, 1.5 and a couple of late picks aren't enough to move up to 1.2 or 1.3.

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
this is wrong

Fair enough.

I disagree but fair enough. Pre-combine I could see someone trading White for Elliott if they need a RB but I don't see Elliott (own him in a devy) as 95% of Gurley either. As far as Treadwell I prefer White right now.

Team A gave:

2017 3rd

Team B gave:

Kevin White
this is wrong

Fair enough.

I disagree but fair enough. Pre-combine I could see someone trading White for Elliott if they need a RB but I don't see Elliott (own him in a devy) as 95% of Gurley either. As far as Treadwell I prefer White right now.
White was 5th for me last year (behind parker), which wasn't overly controversial (nor was having him #1 to be fair). I just took exception to the easy comment above

TheBottomLine said:

Tavon Austin

for

Jamison Crowder

Also this one:

for

Both are PPR
Austin

Tate

In one of my leagues:

PPR- Team A gave 2016 (1.12) and jamal charles

Team B gave 2016 (1.02) and karlos williams

12 team ppr

gurley/mason/jordy

for

OBJ

14 team ppr

ajayi/jeffery/barnidge

for

rawls/hilton/gillmore

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't offer, but I sure will accept. This showed up in my mail box. Never talked to the owner.

Just goes to show you never know what another owner thinks of the values of his players. If you want one of his guys you better ask.

12 team ppr

gurley/mason/jordy

for

OBJ

14 team ppr

ajayi/jeffery/barnidge

for

rawls/hilton/gillmore
gurley side

rawls/hilton, its close because i like jeffery the most but rawls can turn out really good and hilton should go back to being a pretty good option with luck healthy so ill take the 2 players im comfortable with starting all the time then hoping ajayi becomes the starter

12 team ppr

gurley/mason/jordy

for

OBJ

14 team ppr

ajayi/jeffery/barnidge

for

rawls/hilton/gillmore
OBJ

Jeffery pretty easily. Not putting a ton of value into Rawls as the next Lynch. He did well but very small sample size and Ajayi's value is going to go way up quickly when Miller leaves in FA

FFPC

Team A

DGB, Tevin Coleman, and 1.12 (2016)

for

Team B

David Johnson, 3.4 (2016)
Johnson

The idea that one of the many very good young receivers in a deep pool of talent in the league today is worth more than maybe the best and youngest running backs in the league PLUS a receiver who was top five before he got hurt and still has several years of high end production left shows how utterly skewed dynasty ppr leagues are. Can't imagine why people would choose that format.

The idea that one of the many very good young receivers in a deep pool of talent in the league today is worth more than maybe the best and youngest running backs in the league PLUS a receiver who was top five before he got hurt and still has several years of high end production left shows how utterly skewed dynasty ppr leagues are. Can't imagine why people would choose that format.
Bad trades aren't a valid indictment of the concept. :shrug:

Good PPR players would rather have Gurley/Jordy, IMO.

I saw bostonfred's post earlier and was going to respond to it but you already got across the point I was trying to make for the most part.

It's just a bad trade and has nothing to do with PPR, Jordy Nelson catches a lot of passes as well which alone debunks that as the theory for the bad trade.

It's like a few weeks ago someone in this thread posted a massive overpay for Hopkins in a PPR league and part of the package they got for Hopkins was Bell. Bell is likely a 70+ catch back so again it's got nothing to do with PPR.

I saw bostonfred's post earlier and was going to respond to it but you already got across the point I was trying to make for the most part.

It's just a bad trade and has nothing to do with PPR, Jordy Nelson catches a lot of passes as well which alone debunks that as the theory for the bad trade.

It's like a few weeks ago someone in this thread posted a massive overpay for Hopkins in a PPR league and part of the package they got for Hopkins was Bell. Bell is likely a 70+ catch back so again it's got nothing to do with PPR.
You guys are overvaluing Jordy I think. There's a fairly large gap between OBJ and Gurley (1.01 to about 1.06-1.10) that is not filled by a 4th round startup dynasty pick

You guys are overvaluing Jordy I think. There's a fairly large gap between OBJ and Gurley (1.01 to about 1.06-1.10) that is not filled by a 4th round startup dynasty pick
Or others are overvaluing OBJ.

Or others are overvaluing OBJ.
That too

I'm way more down on Jordy than most but to me he's still got value and to me he's free in this deal because I like Gurley more than OBJ and at worst consider them even.

Ain't no league I'll be in where Gurley is going to be kicking around picks 6-10 that's for sure and OBJ is not the consensus 1.1 either.

Bad trades aren't a valid indictment of the concept. :shrug: Good PPR players would rather have Gurley/Jordy, IMO.
The strategy of building around young, stud WRs > building around young, stud RBs

There's 8-10 guys I'd rather have than Gurley long term.

Andy Dufresne said:
bostonfred said:

Glad the format is out of the equation. Nothing more futile than arguing a format.

As far as the other side goes OBJ is about as safe a WR1 as it comes. Could care less if you want to try and put others in overall dynasty asset 1 but I think before June it will be pretty unanimous. He is 2 years into his career and has 2 WR1 finishes so he is batting 100% which is pretty awesome.

I love Jordy and probably value him as much as most but a 30yr old WR coming off an ACL is not a guy I am depending on as a WR1 or maybe even a WR2 for much longer if at all. His value is declining and will continue to decline. Gurley could be RB1 but doesn't change the fact that his value (like all RB's) is very volatile. Last years RB2 is probably sitting around 10 right now and last years RB1 lost his spot to a rookie (if we are saying Gurley is RB1).

On value this deal made the OBJ team more valuable even if not necessarily a "win now" move. That team has 6+ months to make "win now" moves. 2 years from now it would be stunning to me if Gurley's value is anywhere close to OBJ's value even if you want to say they are = today

It's not just ppr and dynasty that overvalues receivers, it's the extra flex spots that became popular when the contrarians taking receivers while everyone fawned over stud rb realized that they could skew the rules even further in their favor by making running backs even less valuable. It's these leagues where you can start 1 rb and 5 wrs and they still give you bonus points per reception and reward receivers for having longer careers. It's so systemically skewed towards receivers now that you can literally say that the number one dynasty receiver is worth more than the number one dynasty running back PLUS another elite receiver. (It's not about the names obj, Gurley and Nelson.)

I just don't understand how it's fun.

It's not just ppr and dynasty that overvalues receivers, it's the extra flex spots that became popular when the contrarians taking receivers while everyone fawned over stud rb realized that they could skew the rules even further in their favor by making running backs even less valuable. It's these leagues where you can start 1 rb and 5 wrs and they still give you bonus points per reception and reward receivers for having longer careers. It's so systemically skewed towards receivers now that you can literally say that the number one dynasty receiver is worth more than the number one dynasty running back PLUS another elite receiver. (It's not about the names obj, Gurley and Nelson.)

It's not just the fantasy football rules that are changing, the rb position is being used drastically different than it was even a decade ago.

But it is about names here. Jordy is "elite" sure but also is 30 years old and coming off of an acl tear. Immediate risk based on the acl and guaranteed loss of value because of age. 2-3 years of potentially elite production does not mean you should immediately be ranked as a top tier valued dynasty asset.

Glad the format is out of the equation. Nothing more futile than arguing a format.

As far as the other side goes OBJ is about as safe a WR1 as it comes. Could care less if you want to try and put others in overall dynasty asset 1 but I think before June it will be pretty unanimous. He is 2 years into his career and has 2 WR1 finishes so he is batting 100% which is pretty awesome.

I love Jordy and probably value him as much as most but a 30yr old WR coming off an ACL is not a guy I am depending on as a WR1 or maybe even a WR2 for much longer if at all. His value is declining and will continue to decline. Gurley could be RB1 but doesn't change the fact that his value (like all RB's) is very volatile. Last years RB2 is probably sitting around 10 right now and last years RB1 lost his spot to a rookie (if we are saying Gurley is RB1).

On value this deal made the OBJ team more valuable even if not necessarily a "win now" move. That team has 6+ months to make "win now" moves. 2 years from now it would be stunning to me if Gurley's value is anywhere close to OBJ's value even if you want to say they are = today
The format topic is important to me and probably to the health of the industry, too. But setting that aside.Who was the number one receiver for the Giants in 2008? Steve Smith. 2009 and 2010? Hakeem nicks. 2011 to 2013? Victor Cruz. 2014-2015? Odell Beckham. All of them put up good numbers when they were on top. All of them looked like sure fire, can't miss stud receivers for the future. It's easy to get caught up in the hype but if you had said the exact same thing about nicks or Cruz that you just said about Beckham vs Peterson, Charles, foster, etc, you would have been shocked two years later. Obviously Gurley can have a down year too and in these crazy formats some of you guys play in your probably right to pick the receiver every time in the long run but that's what's so absurd to me.

I get what you are saying to some degree. Even standard 1 QB standard PPR leagues are a bit of a bore to me as they basically are WR-RB grabs.

If you seek a different format I'd highly encourage you to try the FFPC or at least a private league with TE premium scoring. It adds an extra element to the team building, at least IMO. If you are not familiar with it you can start 4 WR's so that might turn you off, but you only have to start two and if you did a private league you can set it up how you or your league mates want.

I'll just say as an example I did a startup last year, took Mike Evans in the first and did not take another WR until the 14th round and the team had a good year and the future outlook is very healthy. Just mentioning to say there are formats, even formats that award one PPR to WR's, that you don't have to go WR heavy to compete now and for the long term.

It's so systemically skewed towards receivers now that you can literally say that the number one dynasty receiver is worth more than the number one dynasty running back PLUS another elite receiver.
Pick your favorite dynasty format. If I told you that I traded the guy ranked #1 overall for #5 and #45, would you say that's a good deal?

It's so systemically skewed towards receivers now that you can literally say that the number one dynasty receiver is worth more than the number one dynasty running back PLUS another elite receiver.
Pick your favorite dynasty format. If I told you that I traded the guy ranked #1 overall for #5 and #45, would you say that's a good deal?
Almost always yes. Because there's rarely a huge difference between 1 and 5 unless the format creates a significant tier drop. Any time I can trade a player for someone in the same tier and add a significant piece I will do it. Change Gurley to brown or Julio, do you trade Beckham for brown and an early first round rookie pick? Absolutely yes I do. But crossing positions created a big drop off in some leagues that doesn't exist in others.

Users who are viewing this thread