What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

12 team PPR SuperFlex Dynasty

Team A gave:

Hunter Renfrow WR LVR

2022 mid 2nd pick

2022 mid 3rd pick

Team B gave:

A J Brown WR TEN

2022 late 4th pick
Who in the hell trades A J Brown for a 4th round pick?  That should be vetoable. 

oops, read it wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR SuperFlex Dynasty

Team A gave:

Hunter Renfrow WR LVR

2022 mid 2nd pick

2022 mid 3rd pick

Team B gave:

A J Brown WR TEN

2022 late 4th pick
I missed on Renfrow and would not be surprised if this trade doesn’t look as bad over the course of time. Brown seems injury plagued and perhaps too muscular for his own body. Renfrow doesn’t seem to have that problem (lol) and does nothing but get open and catch the ball (over and over again). 

That said:

12 team PPR

Gave Kamara

Got Etienne, 2023 1st round pick (projects mid, but obviously tough to predict)

I missed the playoffs, and the team I traded with is in the playoffs with a team that could be much worse next year.

That said:

12 team PPR

Gave Kamara

Got Etienne, 2023 1st round pick (projects mid, but obviously tough to predict)

I missed the playoffs, and the team I traded with is in the playoffs with a team that could be much worse next year.
My personal opinion is that's too light because of the unknown nature of Etienne's comeback, his situation with an incumbent like Robinson, and the fact that he'll have a new coach who didn't have an influence in him going in the first round, therefore being able to theoretically write him off as somebody else's mistake.

That said, I love that you got a 2023 pick. Those are going to be hard to come by, if the dynasty consensus is any indication. 

I assume you're not really planning on contending next year, though. That's what the trade tells me more than anything. 

My personal opinion is that's too light because of the unknown nature of Etienne's comeback, his situation with an incumbent like Robinson, and the fact that he'll have a new coach who didn't have an influence in him going in the first round, therefore being able to theoretically write him off as somebody else's mistake.

That said, I love that you got a 2023 pick. Those are going to be hard to come by, if the dynasty consensus is any indication. 

I assume you're not really planning on contending next year, though. That's what the trade tells me more than anything. 
It's more of a massive keeper league than a dynasty.  We start 2-3 RBs, 4-6 WRs, 1-2 TEs, 2-3 DLs, 3-4 LBs, 2-3 DBs   3 points per solo tackle, which makes stud LBs very very valuable.

Here's my projected keepers.   This is maxing out every available position; keeping more at a spot isn't possible.

K Murray, J Burrow

J Taylor, S Barkley, T Etienne

J Jefferson, T Higgins, E Moore, C Claypool, + one of A Robinson, L Shenault, M Gallup, maybe D Peoples-Jones, T Marshall

K Pitts, TJ Hock

M Parsons, N Bosa, L Floyd

B Martinez, I Simmons, and then two of D Bush, J Baker, J Davis, Z Collins, LVE, T Reeder (who is dead to me, and will have to do something miraculous to make the team next year)

J Adams, V Bell, A Winfield, or maybe X McKinney

I plan on contending next year.   And the year after that.   And so on.  Although I obviously need to fix this giant gaping hole in my LB squad, which I have spent plenty on already.

I drafted Parsons as an LB; ESPN added a DE designation to him so I moved him there, and I would have made the playoffs if I'd started him at LB and Floyd at DE on week 14.   

I went 1-6 down the stretch, out scored my opponents by 70 points, scored the most points in the league during that time,  whilst having the most points (in the league) scored on me, lost games by 2 , 4, 6, 10, 24, and 30 (out of an average of 330), and had the second highest score in the league 3 times, two of them losses.

Sometimes it's just your turn to lose.    I think of the gods of fantasy football as cut from the Greek mold: capricious, and vengeful.

Sometimes it's just your turn to lose.    I think of the gods of fantasy football as cut from the Greek mold: capricious, and vengeful.
Love your team. That's some good stuff there. I can relate to your Parsons dilemma: I drafted him to fill my own gaping LB void (along with Jamin Davis and Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, all in the second round of our draft. I faded the offensive guys, probably correctly, if this year is any indication) and Dallas has him playing DE half of the time. It's no good for tackle stats, really. 

I guess I don't know what to think about your trade given the overall state of your team, which, as I noted, is really good. In a vacuum, and without more information, I thought it was too light. Now that I know, I don't know. Best of luck. 

Love your team. That's some good stuff there. I can relate to your Parsons dilemma: I drafted him to fill my own gaping LB void (along with Jamin Davis and Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, all in the second round of our draft. I faded the offensive guys, probably correctly, if this year is any indication) and Dallas has him playing DE half of the time. It's no good for tackle stats, really. 

I guess I don't know what to think about your trade given the overall state of your team, which, as I noted, is really good. In a vacuum, and without more information, I thought it was too light. Now that I know, I don't know. Best of luck. 
I'm glad you edited and quoted only the final lines, b/c that was the whole point for the post.

I'm glad you edited and quoted only the final lines, b/c that was the whole point for the post.
I hope that's not sarcasm. I genuinely took that away from your post. I don't think it's sarcasm, really, but just in case, I'll explain why I did that. 

You had some great info., but I'm not able to really follow it without specific experience in your league. The players you listed are top-notch, from your QBs to your WRs to your TEs. I see your LBs as important, and Martinez must have been a huge blow to your squad this year. He's a tackle monster. I think Simmons is a future stud at LB. Jamin Davis and Zaven Collins had to be high picks for you, as you indicated you invested a lot in your LBs. They did not return your investment yet. At all. That's too bad.

So I see what you're saying and again, I really like your team. 

Peace, Future. 

I actually shouldn't say that I faded the offensive guys "correctly." I picked LBs at my position of need over guys like Elijah Mitchell and Rhamondre Stevenson, and I wish I had the Jamin Davis pick back as I would easily swap him for either player right now. Parsons and JOK are going to depend on Parson's designation/deployment and JOK's health, really. Because they're both flashing as studs already. 

I hope that's not sarcasm. I genuinely took that away from your post. I don't think it's sarcasm, really, but just in case, I'll explain why I did that. 

You had some great info., but I'm not able to really follow it without specific experience in your league. The players you listed are top-notch, from your QBs to your WRs to your TEs. I see your LBs as important, and Martinez must have been a huge blow to your squad this year. He's a tackle monster. I think Simmons is a future stud at LB. Jamin Davis and Zaven Collins had to be high picks for you, as you indicated you invested a lot in your LBs. They did not return your investment yet. At all. That's too bad.

So I see what you're saying and again, I really like your team. 

Peace, Future. 
Davis and Collins were fairly cheap throw ins, as a giant keeper league doesn't reward sitting on development projects.   V Jefferson was traded for Davis, Gallup and Collins for T Lance, who was acquired cheaply after he didn't storm out of the gate.

And no, no sarcasm.   I try to avoid it when writing.

That said, I once completely dunked on a coworker when she said "Wait, was that sarcasm?" and I dead panned "I don't believe in sarcasm."      Yes, we savor our victories.

Another one for me ... 14 Team No PPR ..Standard Scoring

Gave: Gabriel Davis and Rookie Pick 27 of 28

Got: Ronald Jones

Didn't have roster room for the pick and have 5 other good WRs. This was a just in case Chubb, AJones or Mongomery come down with COVID before the semis this week or hopefully finals next week.

I don't trust Lance so that is why the move.
Fair enough. Yeah, I don't know. Honestly. Check my little rant in the McLaurin thread. Until they settle the WFT quarterback position, McLaurin is also unstartable to me. Aiyuk has certainly had his issues. It's a warty trade. 

You made a good deal by calculators and consensus. I think Aiyuk might be a little better pure receiver, but as you said, Lance engenders no confidence. To me, this whole deal has so many coaching variables and moving parts that it's impossible to tell who got the better of it. 

Good luck. 

Didn't have roster room for the pick and have 5 other good WRs. This was a just in case Chubb, AJones or Mongomery come down with COVID before the semis this week or hopefully finals next week.
Win-now sounds about like what you're doing. Which is fine. I think you might have given a WR2 on his own team for a back with future potential, which sounds great, but Jones just does so many numbskully and head-scratching things you wonder that even away from Arians whether he'll see the field. Believe me, I traded Edmonds for Jones, and I'm really not sanguine about Jones's chances in the NFL. 

Here's the final report on my trading activity to transform an orphan team I took over a couple days before the start of the NFL season. This team was winless last season, and I was hoping to take it from winless to champion. I'm 9-3, the second seed, and still may. But I hurt my chances with some trades made the past few weeks for future value. And the only trade I was able to get done at the deadline was a small one for Freeman and Taysom Hill. I really needed to move Henry (who I traded for after his injury) and/or the 23 1st for a RB.

Overall, I made 21 trades from the first week of the season to Monday's deadline. You start 8 RB/WR/flex in this 12-team SF PPR with 1.25 for TE, and the team had one startable WR!

Team I took over:

QB: Burrow, TLaw (Tua, Winston/Hill, Heinicke)
RB: Chubb, Mixon (Hines)
WR/flex: D. Smith, Parker, AJG, Pascal, Hines, Jared Cook (MT, Nico, Hamler)
TE: Fant (Cook)
Picks: Team earned R1-4 22-24

I began by trading away MT, Tua and Winston, then Heinicke once he took over as starter. I traded Tua for Pittman and a 1st, then traded Pittman and a 2nd for Deebo. I traded Chubb straight up for Najee, and Mixon for Waddle and a 22 1st. I got DJM for MT. I collected extra picks at first and was still considering the possibility of a rebuild. But then I decided to go for win now and traded away those pics as well as my future pics.

My team now ...
QB: Mahomes, Burrow (Hill)
RB: Najee, Freeman (Henry/Foreman, Singletary/Moss, Eno)
WR/flex (start 6): Chase, Deebo, DJM, Diontae, MWill, ARob (RBs above, Parham, Moreau)
TE: Pitts
Picks: 23 1st (not mine, but likely playoff team), 24 4th

Burrow is my one player remaining from the roster I inherited. According to KTC, I have 3 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 20 dynasty SF players. But I don't think that's going to win me anything this season.

From winless to champion! 😎

Did you win your final?

12 team superflex, no trade deadline.

other team in the title game with covid and injury woes;

Gave - C Patt

Got - Mike Thomas

Dacomish said:
.5 RB ppr

Gave S.Barkley

Got AJ Dillon & 2022 1.09 
I can go either way with it. 

I'll buy Barkley at that price.  But I can understand wanting to get out of the Saquon business and Dillon/1 isn't a bad haul.

Dacomish said:
.5 RB ppr

Gave S.Barkley

Got AJ Dillon & 2022 1.09 
How the mighty have fallen.

I sold him right after the 2020 rookie draft (and right before his injury) for four first round picks (Akers, Reagor, 2021 1st, 2022 1st (FYI - this turned into the 1.01)) and people thought that was light at the time.

How the mighty have fallen.

I sold him right after the 2020 rookie draft (and right before his injury) for four first round picks (Akers, Reagor, 2021 1st, 2022 1st (FYI - this turned into the 1.01)) and people thought that was light at the time.
I bought him for the 1.01 and 1.02 at the same time, it cost me a chance at CEH and Taylor......guess you can say not only has my production from him dropped it double stings because I would have had Taylor as well....

12 team ppr - QB/2B/3WR/TE/FLEX

Team A gave up 

• Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB
  • Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.02
  • Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.10
Team B gave up 

• Harris, Najee PIT RB

Team A gave up 

Team B gave up 

• Harris, Najee PIT RB
Hmm, interesting. I like Najee well enough, but I might would take Hall/Spiller plus a guy like David Bell here and just hope that everyone pegging Lawrence as a generational talent weren’t wrong when he gets a little better circumstance around him. 

Team A gave up 

Team B gave up 

• Harris, Najee PIT RB
Feels like if that were SF it would be better, but in a 1QB I think the Najee owner gave him up too cheaply.  

Team A gave up 

• Lawrence Trevor

JAC QB
Team B gave up 

• Harris Najee

PIT RB
In a start one QB league, Lawrence doesn't move the needle for me so I see it as Najee for the two picks.  I guess it depends on how much you like the second best RB in this class (Spiller?).  I think I'd prefer to keep Najee but I can see the other side.

Team A gave up 

Team B gave up 

• Harris, Najee PIT RB
So....this is an interesting one.

I think Harris is the real deal, a feature back with a nice career ahead. Looming questions about QB are the only cloud here, and it's not all that clouded as PIT is a run-oriented offense, and he's a 3-down back. 

That said, that's an awful lot to pay for him.  That it's not a Superflex does matter here, but picks 2 & 10 overall seems like a lot. 

Might be a combination of TLaw's poor showing this season combined with a nice run at the end of game 17 for Harris. 

Probably fair. As a "bird in the hand" guy, I probably like the Harris side, but I also like either of the 2 RBs who will be available at that 1.02 spot quite a bit. 

Harris is a really nice get in dynasty though. 

Users who are viewing this thread