What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

Zealots, IDP, 1QB, PPR

Team A gave:  Nyheim Hines

Team B gave;  2023 2nd (early to mid likely)
Huh - this one’s close but I’ll take the early-to-mid ‘23 2nd. There will be some really nice players in the 13-18 range.  Hines is a role-player in a crowded backfield. Flex player seems like his ceiling. 

I got a proposal sent to me two days ago asking for a first for his Gabe Davis. No thank you.
Yeah, when the question was ‘22 1sts I was looking at the ‘22 draft wondering why (other than 1.01) that would make sense, as I’d hypothetically be hoping to hit on a WR as good or ideally better than Davis.

2023 is a different animal altogether. If someone offered me a 2023 pick for Davis, even likely 7-10 range, I’d jump on it. It’s just a deeper draft with higher caliber assets. 

Discussing his valuation was a thought experiment to me, since I already have Davis, and was able to get him on the cheap in early ‘21. His expected ascension to FF stardom (or whatever he ascends to) is an absolute bonus for me, but I wouldn’t go out and pay a ‘23 1st for him if I didn’t already have him.

Yeah, when the question was ‘22 1sts I was looking at the ‘22 draft wondering why (other than 1.01) that would make sense, as I’d hypothetically be hoping to hit on a WR as good or ideally better than Davis.

2023 is a different animal altogether. If someone offered me a 2023 pick for Davis, even likely 7-10 range, I’d jump on it. It’s just a deeper draft with higher caliber assets. 

Discussing his valuation was a thought experiment to me, since I already have Davis, and was able to get him on the cheap in early ‘21. His expected ascension to FF stardom (or whatever he ascends to) is an absolute bonus for me, but I wouldn’t go out and pay a ‘23 1st for him if I didn’t already have him.
I'll stick with my stance that I'd easily take a mid-1st, even in this weak draft, for Gabe Davis.  I just don't see the upside of a true WR1 and you might find that in the draft.  It isn't a gaurantee though so I understand your side.  I definitely think a 3rd is an absolute steal.  I think a 2nd seems like fair value.  Or maybe a 2nd and a 3rd.  1sts should just be reserved for players closer to a stud to me and he isn't that outside of that playoff game this year.  I can admit that he has upside and I could be wrong though.

I'll stick with my stance that I'd easily take a mid-1st, even in this weak draft, for Gabe Davis.  I just don't see the upside of a true WR1 and you might find that in the draft.  It isn't a gaurantee though so I understand your side.  I definitely think a 3rd is an absolute steal.  I think a 2nd seems like fair value.  Or maybe a 2nd and a 3rd.  1sts should just be reserved for players closer to a stud to me and he isn't that outside of that playoff game this year.  I can admit that he has upside and I could be wrong though.
There's also a possibility that you come up tails & that WR1 upside you thought you were getting is a bust.

There's a "bird in the hand" aspect to Gabe Davis, especially at this point, after the NFL draft & FA acquisitions, where Davis is now fully expected to play opposite Diggs in 2 WR sets in the short-term.

Long-term view Diggs will also turn 29 this year, so there's a path to WR1 on the Bills for Davis, though that's a few years off and a lot of things have to break right - it's not guaranteed, is all I'm saying there. But it is certainly worth consideration when talking about dealing Davis for a London, Wilson, Olave, etc. And even looking at those 3 WRs, I would be unlikely to deal Gaba Davis for any of them not just for the unknown of how they're translate to the NFL, but also for the fact that Davis has Josh Allen throwing him the rock, while London has Mariota, Olave gets Jameis, and Wilson gets Wilson. In the short term I put longer odds at WR1 FF production on those 3 than I do Davis. 

Anyway, just some food for thought. We all have our preferences. 

There's also a possibility that you come up tails & that WR1 upside you thought you were getting is a bust.

There's a "bird in the hand" aspect to Gabe Davis, especially at this point, after the NFL draft & FA acquisitions, where Davis is now fully expected to play opposite Diggs in 2 WR sets in the short-term.

Long-term view Diggs will also turn 29 this year, so there's a path to WR1 on the Bills for Davis, though that's a few years off and a lot of things have to break right - it's not guaranteed, is all I'm saying there. But it is certainly worth consideration when talking about dealing Davis for a London, Wilson, Olave, etc. And even looking at those 3 WRs, I would be unlikely to deal Gaba Davis for any of them not just for the unknown of how they're translate to the NFL, but also for the fact that Davis has Josh Allen throwing him the rock, while London has Mariota, Olave gets Jameis, and Wilson gets Wilson. In the short term I put longer odds at WR1 FF production on those 3 than I do Davis. 

Anyway, just some food for thought. We all have our preferences. 
All very valid points and I'm very aware that a bust is very possible.  I just prefer the upside that I don't see in Davis.  Even after Diggs passes, I see him as a WR2.  All a matter of preference for sure.  Not saying you are wrong, I just feel his love has gone a little too far for my liking personally.

You have said this before and I don't think this is the case.  He hasn't really gotten consistent run.  He produced less in year two (although minimally) than in year 1.  It's been ok.  To be "bird in the hand" is a player that has produced as you are expecting him to not a player that you expect to make a leap.   

I agree all signs point to him making the leap and I think he is a good upside guy to have or go after.  I just don't think he is a "bird in the hand"..........at this point.  

You have said this before and I don't think this is the case.  He hasn't really gotten consistent run.  He produced less in year two (although minimally) than in year 1.  It's been ok.  To be "bird in the hand" is a player that has produced as you are expecting him to not a player that you expect to make a leap.   

I agree all signs point to him making the leap and I think he is a good upside guy to have or go after.  I just don't think he is a "bird in the hand"..........at this point.  
It's a fair criticism, and one I considered while typing it. 

But we've certainly seen him perform at a higher level than any of the 2022 rookies to date, yes? 

It's a fair criticism, and one I considered while typing it. 

But we've certainly seen him perform at a higher level than any of the 2022 rookies to date, yes? 
We have seen him perform.  I guess it could be considered to be a "higher" level (but not necessarily a high level) but the point is he isn't without risk.  You are still projecting him to do something he hasn't done.  The same as you do for rookie draft picks.  To me, that is not bird in the hand. 

Moved 2.06 for Nyhiem Hines
gimme the pick I think

Id rather gamble on one of the RBs in that range being either, A. worth a good deal more next season, or B. getting a shot at a starting role for an extended period this year. Either would be more valuable to me personally than whatever hines will get you weekly. Or is not an RB, at least another upside player whos value could be insulated and flipped later (mcbride, or bell for example)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take the Palmer side. I think the fork is starting to move into Thielen's back. While the other side may end up busting losing Thielen won't hurt a team so let the dice roll.
Depends on what you need Thielen for.  A contender that needs a WR3 this is a great trade.  You aren't giving up anything to get a guy that should be a great WR3 for this year.  

gimme the pick I think

Id rather gamble on one of the RBs in that range being either, A. worth a good deal more next season, or B. getting a shot at a starting role for an extended period this year. Either would be more valuable to me personally than whatever hines will get you weekly. Or is not an RB, at least another upside player whos value could be insulated and flipped later (mcbride, or bell for example)

That's fair. Guy ended up taking the rookie 49ers RB, the one with 2 names.

Depends on what you need Thielen for.  A contender that needs a WR3 this is a great trade.  You aren't giving up anything to get a guy that should be a great WR3 for this year.  
Agreed. An obvious “win now” vs rebuild trade, Getting Theilen while not giving up any “sure things” but definite upside in Herbert and a little less so with Palmer. Plus a 2.10 dart throw. 
win win for both sides imo. 

Yeah, I’m just not even sure he’s that this year and to be honest I can’t imagine Thielen putting any team over the top at this point. I do agree that the other side isn’t giving up much - although I like Palmer a bit and Herbert looked good as a rookie. 

Yeah, I’m just not even sure he’s that this year and to be honest I can’t imagine Thielen putting any team over the top at this point. I do agree that the other side isn’t giving up much - although I like Palmer a bit.
The only way Thielen isn't a WR3 (and I think likely a top 30 so high end WR3) is through injury.  That is a real concern but as long as he is on the field he will put up solid numbers.  

Yeah, I’m just not even sure he’s that this year and to be honest I can’t imagine Thielen putting any team over the top at this point. I do agree that the other side isn’t giving up much - although I like Palmer a bit.
Idk, in ppr I still like Thielen as a wr2.   Cousins loves him in the endzone.  But I was also rather interested in Palmer as a long shot guy, so...  I'm not involved either way, just wanted to see what others thought.

The only way Thielen isn't a WR3 (and I think likely a top 30 so high end WR3) is through injury.  That is a real concern but as long as he is on the field he will put up solid numbers.  
Ok - he’s getting older and looked like he was slowing down last season and they have some young targets, but if you truly believe that then it’s a great deal. I guess due to his age and WR3s being a dime a dozen now I’d roll the dice. Honestly it’s a small potatoes type deal in the first place.

12 teams, PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F. Rookie draft started this morning.

Traded: Wilson, Russell DEN QB; Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.11 (used to draft Pierce, Alec IND WR)
For: Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.9 (used to draft Williams, Jameson DET WR)

12 teams, PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F. Rookie draft started this morning.

Traded: Wilson, Russell DEN QB; Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.11 (used to draft Pierce, Alec IND WR)
I don't have an issue with this if you have a very good starting QB and really believe in Williams.  Even in 1 QB leagues that might be a little light for Russ but depends on your other option and your believe in the guy you are getting.  I'm not way high on Williams so not sure I'd have done this but not really against it depending.

I don't have an issue with this if you have a very good starting QB and really believe in Williams.  Even in 1 QB leagues that might be a little light for Russ but depends on your other option and your believe in the guy you are getting.  I'm not way high on Williams so not sure I'd have done this but not really against it depending.
Yeah, perhaps I should have stated that we still have these QBs: Burrow, Watson, Wentz, Winston. May not keep both Wentz and Winston at roster cutdown, but Burrow and Watson made Wilson expendable. We are high on Williams and decide to make this move because he was falling.

Qrwwtffdddddd 16t ppr with contracts and some QB value boost.  QB is typically valued the average of 1qb and sf due to some unique QB devy results. Also, rookie contracts are lower than what players fetch in auction by a decent margin. 

I gave late 23 1st (1.13-1.16) 

I got 22 2nds - 2.02, 2.07, and 2.12.  Turned into Pickett, Zamir, and Woods.

Qrwwtffdddddd 16t ppr with contracts and some QB value boost.  QB is typically valued the average of 1qb and sf due to some unique QB devy results. Also, rookie contracts are lower than what players fetch in auction by a decent margin. 

I like that

Ok - he’s getting older and looked like he was slowing down last season and they have some young targets, but if you truly believe that then it’s a great deal. I guess due to his age and WR3s being a dime a dozen now I’d roll the dice. Honestly it’s a small potatoes type deal in the first place.
I just looked at the vikings WR room, aside from Jefferson I wouldn't say they have anyone.   Even their tes are unproven "upside" guys.

I just looked at the vikings WR room, aside from Jefferson I wouldn't say they have anyone.   Even their tes are unproven "upside" guys.
I don’t disagree but I’m not sure that changes what I said much - Osborn played well last season and I do like Irv Smith to be involved more than Conklin last season.

Like I said, the other side didn’t give up all that much - I just don’t see Thielen as being a difference maker going forward and it’s easy to find WR3 production now. If you traded for Thielen and are happy about it that’s great.

I prefer the late 23 1st, but getting Picket in a league that values QBs highly is good value at 2.02.

With those QB's you mentioned you had this makes sense, Wilson was expendable.

Interesting thing to me is your draft that was both the latest I've seen Jameson go and earliest I've seen Pierce go in standard PPR leagues. 

Don't remember if I stated this one so apologies if I did.

Gave Mike Williams and a 2023 2nd

Got Jaylen Waddle 2023 3rd
I like Waddle here by a decent margin because I'm high on him but I think it is closer than some make it seem.  Big Mike Williams is better than he is given credit for, just got extended, and Allen is aging.  Plus, if that 23 2nd is early enough it is a very valuable piece where the 3rd is still just a dart throw, even in a deep draft.

If Hill scares the Waddle owner and the 2nd ends up in the top half of the round, then I have no problem with this.  Fair enough but I do like your side for sure.

I like Waddle here by a decent margin because I'm high on him but I think it is closer than some make it seem.  Big Mike Williams is better than he is given credit for, just got extended, and Allen is aging.  Plus, if that 23 2nd is early enough it is a very valuable piece where the 3rd is still just a dart throw, even in a deep draft.

If Hill scares the Waddle owner and the 2nd ends up in the top half of the round, then I have no problem with this.  Fair enough but I do like your side for sure.
I think Hill will help Waddle.  While he's receiving double coverage Waddle should feast. 

12 team superflex, ppr, non te premium, not involved

team A - Toney, Njoku, Christian Watson

team B- Friermuth, Dotson, Van Jefferson

Different league, same setup, also not involved

team A- Akers, Nwangwu

team B- Gainwell, Elijah Moore

With those QB's you mentioned you had this makes sense, Wilson was expendable.

Interesting thing to me is your draft that was both the latest I've seen Jameson go and earliest I've seen Pierce go in standard PPR leagues.
Here is the rookie draft so far, still in progress:

1.01    1    Hall, Breece NYJ RB 
1.02    2    Walker III, Kenneth SEA RB 
1.03    3    Cook, James BUF RB 
1.04    4    London, Drake ATL WR 
1.05    5    Burks, Treylon TEN WR 
1.06    6    Moore, Skyy KCC WR  
1.07    7    Wilson, Garrett NYJ WR 
1.08    8    Olave, Chris NOS WR 
1.09    9    Williams, Jameson DET WR  
1.10    10    Watson, Christian GBP WR 
1.11    11    Pierce, Alec IND WR 
1.12    12    Spiller, Isaiah LAC RB 
2.01    13    Dotson, Jahan WAS WR 
2.02    14    Pickens, George PIT WR 
2.03    15    White, Rachaad TBB RB 
2.04    16    Pierce, Dameon HOU RB 
2.05    17    Bell, David CLE WR 
2.06    18    Thornton, Tyquan NEP WR 
2.07    19    Allgeier, Tyler ATL RB 
2.08    20    Metchie, John HOU WR  
2.09    21    Ingram, Keaontay ARI RB 
2.10    22    White, Zamir LVR RB 
2.11    23    Robinson, Brian WAS RB 
2.12    24    Haskins, Hassan TEN RB 
3.01    25    Pickett, Kenny PIT QB 

Here is the rookie draft so far, still in progress:

1.01    1    Hall, Breece NYJ RB 
1.02    2    Walker III, Kenneth SEA RB 
1.03    3    Cook, James BUF RB 
1.04    4    London, Drake ATL WR 
1.05    5    Burks, Treylon TEN WR 
1.06    6    Moore, Skyy KCC WR  
1.07    7    Wilson, Garrett NYJ WR 
1.08    8    Olave, Chris NOS WR 
1.09    9    Williams, Jameson DET WR  
1.10    10    Watson, Christian GBP WR 
1.11    11    Pierce, Alec IND WR 
1.12    12    Spiller, Isaiah LAC RB 
2.01    13    Dotson, Jahan WAS WR 
2.02    14    Pickens, George PIT WR 
2.03    15    White, Rachaad TBB RB 
2.04    16    Pierce, Dameon HOU RB 
2.05    17    Bell, David CLE WR 
2.06    18    Thornton, Tyquan NEP WR 
2.07    19    Allgeier, Tyler ATL RB 
2.08    20    Metchie, John HOU WR  
2.09    21    Ingram, Keaontay ARI RB 
2.10    22    White, Zamir LVR RB 
2.11    23    Robinson, Brian WAS RB 
2.12    24    Haskins, Hassan TEN RB 
3.01    25    Pickett, Kenny PIT QB 
Whoever took Cook at 1.03 will regret it this time next year.

team A- Akers, Nwangwu

I think I am on Team A for both but the second one is much closer and I may lean Gainwell/Moore if I think more about it. 

I like KJO quite a bit. Dropped a big % of my FAAB on him & he'll be one of the dudes I hold this year. He looked really good at times, and if Theilen misses any time I think he'll have a nice role in that offense. 

Well, I finally went ahead and did it in my main league...

Gave: Dak, Hendon Hooker (23), Eric Gray (23)

Got: Pitts, 2023 2nd, 2023 3rd (both should be mid to late)

League Settings:

Superflex, best ball with 10 scoring: QB, RB, WR, TE, 5 Flex, 1 SF

Roster of 25, taxi squad of up to 10 additional non-scoring rookies / devy

PPR with TE Premium (2 pts for TE vs 1 pt for all other positions)

Additional Considerations:

I was over the roster limit and needed to get rid of some devys anyway.

QBs now: Herbert, Burrow, Corral, Jurkovec (23), Daniels (23), Dart (24)

TEs now: Pitts, Trautman, Bryant, Parham, Granson, Mayer (23)

What do you guys think?

:scared:

Now off to try and pick up some cheap, lower tier QBs in case something happens to Herbert or Burrow...

I think Hill will help Waddle.  While he's receiving double coverage Waddle should feast. 
I don't completely disagree and I have Waddle on my Dynasty team too.  I just think it might be hard for him to catch 100 balls again due to targets.  Plus, we haven't seen Tua push the ball at all.  I trust Waddle but want to see what we get out of Tua this year.

team A- Akers, Nwangwu

I'm not a huge Toney fan at all but I probably go that side as I do think Njoku has a good season and I like Watson a lot.  I do like Freiermuth but not as high on Dotson (especially on that team) and Jefferson not going to get a ton of love with Kupp and A-Rob there.

I think Akers by a long way in the 2nd trade.

Users who are viewing this thread