What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Elden Ring Thread - Tips, Tricks, Builds... Calling it now - 2022's Game of the Year. (1 Viewer)

You can't get it until you beat rahdan but I would start trying rahdan as soon as you beat 2 of the big bosses.   
Started again last I keep failing to get the second Rotten Breath to hit. 4 times in a row I got him down to about 20% health before he got me. Every time those guys helping died so close to him that I couldn't get them back up to help before he killed me.

Started again last I keep failing to get the second Rotten Breath to hit. 4 times in a row I got him down to about 20% health before he got me. Every time those guys helping died so close to him that I couldn't get them back up to help before he killed me.

it took me a long time.  just keep at it.  keep spawning npcs.   and dont attack him in the second phase when he has the blue balls of lightning around him

Speaking of swords I picked up the Sword of Night and Flame last night. Just need a few more points in Faith to use it. 
I found that one purely by accident, and I see where it would be a really good late-game weapon for certain builds.  I just don't see myself putting that many points into Faith.  

Could be a really fun build though.  I'm thinking about re-specing anyway to swap my Strength and Dexterity -- I think it makes more sense for me to go with a lighter weapon and get the improved cast time.  Maybe I could add some Faith sometime.

I found that one purely by accident, and I see where it would be a really good late-game weapon for certain builds.  I just don't see myself putting that many points into Faith.  

Could be a really fun build though.  I'm thinking about re-specing anyway to swap my Strength and Dexterity -- I think it makes more sense for me to go with a lighter weapon and get the improved cast time.  Maybe I could add some Faith sometime.

i always seem to put major pts into dex in these games

Yeah that place sucks

Almost as bad as the abandoned mine where you get the scarab
I did get the talisman. Just ran past the vampire things and up the ladder.  Once on the roof I had to kill a few knights because if not, they would follow me down and kill me from behind. 

I’m trying for the moonveil Katana but I can’t beat the Magma Wyrm. My summon spirits don’t last very long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who plays playstation we need to help each other.   I'm not gonna lie.  I play offline.  Game is hard enough as is.  I don't enjoy crazy Mfers with more time than me invading and kicking my ###.   But I will help anyone that requests.

need2know said:
Who plays playstation we need to help each other.   I'm not gonna lie.  I play offline.  Game is hard enough as is.  I don't enjoy crazy Mfers with more time than me invading and kicking my ###.   But I will help anyone that requests.
I'm on Playstation. Not sure how that works but I could figure it out.

Magma Wyrm is dead. Just had to stay far away, circle and take my time. 

I used all kinds of different summon sprites but none of them were really any help. Even the skeletons wouldnt respawn. I just killed him on my own. 

Moonveil Katana is in hand!!!!

Those of you on the fence due to the difficulty, the great equalizer is overlevelling both your character, potions, and weapon. Farming runes is very easy to do, and while farming the materials to level your weapon to ridiculous levels will take a while and take you to high level areas, it does not require killing bosses, which makes it totally doable.  Just getting your characters to this level before tackling major content is very satisfying.  

For the record, I am not good at these types of games.  Having to time dodges is so frustrating to me.  I finished the second major area at level 150, weapon level 18, and 12 potion charges, which is well beyond the point where people who are actually good at the game beat the last boss.  Even at this level, things can still get hairy at times, but it makes things much much less frustrating and gives a decent margin of error.

Those of you on the fence due to the difficulty, the great equalizer is overlevelling both your character,
One of the first videos I watched on rune farming the guy ended it with these words. "Overlevel yourself in the ancient Dark Souls tradition"

Those of you on the fence due to the difficulty, the great equalizer is overlevelling both your character, potions, and weapon. Farming runes is very easy to do, and while farming the materials to level your weapon to ridiculous levels will take a while and take you to high level areas, it does not require killing bosses, which makes it totally doable.  Just getting your characters to this level before tackling major content is very satisfying.  

For the record, I am not good at these types of games.  Having to time dodges is so frustrating to me.  I finished the second major area at level 150, weapon level 18, and 12 potion charges, which is well beyond the point where people who are actually good at the game beat the last boss.  Even at this level, things can still get hairy at times, but it makes things much much less frustrating and gives a decent margin of error.
I think nearly everybody who reaches the endgame will have similar gear to yours.  I'm only at level 55 or so and just got into Altus Plateau this weekend.  I spent all of yesterday just wandering around randomly doing stuff without much purpose other than to explore and do a dungeon or two.  I got my main weapon up to +17 because the game just throws level-5 smithing stones at you once you get to this point in the game, so I figure why not level it up?  At this point, I can buy up to level-4 stones at Roundtable, so it seems like the game just expects that you'll have your main weapon up in the upper teens by this point. 

I've also got 11 flask charges, but that's just from picking up seeds as I find them.  I still have very large areas of the map that are essentially blacked-out except for a couple of graces.  Admittedly, I circled back to pick up a few golden seeds and sacred tears that I missed originally, but it's not like you have to go out of your way or do any sequence breaks to get this stuff.  They're mostly just sitting there and aren't hard to find.

Now that I've cleared the first couple of obligatory bosses and gotten into the middle levels, I feel like my mage build is coming together pretty well.  I switched to an ordinary Rapier with Glintstone Phalanx attached, and I'm running the talisman that restores FP with every critical attack.  Against normal enemies, I put up GP, let it stagger the opponent, and then critical attack them for the kill.  You can completely spam GP this way with no serious hit to your FP.  

The problem with the Rapier is that it's kind of a toothpick against stronger enemies.  It won't stagger anybody on its own, and it certainly can't deal with shields.  But that's what Rock Sling and Loretta's Great Bow are for.  

This build is absolutely annihilating most bosses.  Summon the wolves or that headless guy depending on whether I need somebody interrupt attacks or somebody to tank for a while, and I can mostly just sit back and spam Rock Sling.  I'm sure this is one of those builds that falls squarely into the "every fight is easy until you get to the one that isn't" camp, but at least for now I'm not having any serious problems with the areas that I'm "supposed" to be in.  Caelid is still a bit too much, but I'm not finding Altus Plateau to be especially tough.  

The problem with the Rapier is that it's kind of a toothpick against stronger enemies.  It won't stagger anybody on its own, and it certainly can't deal with shields.  But that's what Rock Sling and Loretta's Great Bow are for.  
I like the ambush shards spell for dealing with dudes with shields. It doesn't do huge damage but it always get around the shield.

Those guys right there, the ones just kind of sitting there also give over 2,000 runes as well. 
Yeah, taking care of them too.

Which weapons is everybody using on a Mage build?  Im using Lusats Staff in the left hand and rotating Night and flame, Uchigatana( with the Knights Resolve Ash which adds 80 to 100% damage for 1 hit with the sword, buts work for 10 seconds with the staff, and I just got the Moonveil.

Havent really found armor I like, been switching that up a lot.

What started out as a mage build has been changed to a build around "Sword of Night and Flame" with Staff attacks for range. The armor I'm using is the "Royal Remains Armor" (because that’s what the Internet says ). Still using the "Meteorite Staff" but will be replaced by "Lusar's Glintstone Staff" once it starts scaling better. My seal is the "Golden Order Seal". The main incantations I'm using are "Flame, Grant Me Strengh" and "The Flame of Frenzy" both boost the fire damage of the Sword along with Faith. My main stat is intelligent that boost the Night half of the Sword and my mage spells. My shield is the "Beast Crest Heater Shield "  The talismans are Radagon's Soreseal" "Carian Filigreed Crest" and "Two Fingers Heirloom" for more Faith. "Mimic Tear" is my spirit. "Sword of Night and Flame" is a great weapon. 

Yeah, taking care of them too.

Which weapons is everybody using on a Mage build?  Im using Lusats Staff in the left hand and rotating Night and flame, Uchigatana( with the Knights Resolve Ash which adds 80 to 100% damage for 1 hit with the sword, buts work for 10 seconds with the staff, and I just got the Moonveil.

Havent really found armor I like, been switching that up a lot.

Moonveil for my mage. 

I haven’t found very much armor at all. Still rocking most of my starting clothing.

I haven’t found very much armor at all. Still rocking most of my starting clothing.

Me too. Lighter / mage-type armor seems in short supply compared to other games in the series. For example, in Souls, you could visit Blighttown early to get the red mage armor (whatever it's called) - haven't found anything like that.

Level 38, and have spent most of my time wandering around, lighting grace points, collecting stuff, etc. Running Uchigatana, meteorite staff, the headless summons (just got it to +2), I think I have 8 flasks now... most big guys / bosses get the summons and rock sling (which is manageable as long as we're not in close quarters.) VIT/INT get points now (23 and 25 respectively), raised Mind to get enough FP for the headless summons (21 or 22 I think?)... I'll start to pump DEX as well to raise damage with the Katana and increase casting speed.

I'm really impressed how well the open world works with the Souls formula. I've spent days just wandering and looking for things. I'll go into a new area and look for the golden tree to get the seed, or find a place I can mine smithing stones. 

I have some company coming for a few days, and won't be able to play much until later this week. Meh...

Just beat the game.  The last of the game is a true gauntlet and the last guy will make you really rethink what you have done.   I didn't cheese any of the last guys did it the hard way.  I think the only guy I cheesed was rahdan.   

The best farming spot in the game is in the hidden tree area near the prayer room.   Leveled up alot there.  Was able to get 35k plus runes in just a minute or 2.  You have to jump through alot of hoops to get there.   Youtube it.

My guy ended up being around lvl 140.   I don't think you could do it any lower. I got to the final test around 120.

I left alot not finished.  Gonna go through again and hit the spots I missed and make a different kind of character.

Badass game.  Best souls game ever. 

Just beat the game.  The last of the game is a true gauntlet and the last guy will make you really rethink what you have done.   I didn't cheese any of the last guys did it the hard way.  I think the only guy I cheesed was rahdan.   

The best farming spot in the game is in the hidden tree area near the prayer room.   Leveled up alot there.  Was able to get 35k plus runes in just a minute or 2.  You have to jump through alot of hoops to get there.   Youtube it.

My guy ended up being around lvl 140.   I don't think you could do it any lower. I got to the final test around 120.

I left alot not finished.  Gonna go through again and hit the spots I missed and make a different kind of character.

Badass game.  Best souls game ever. 
You're done at 140? I'll probably play my character well pass that level. I'm going to explore everything with a build I enjoy.

You're done at 140? I'll probably play my character well pass that level. I'm going to explore everything with a build I enjoy.

Could have beat it lower.  The last guy really pushed me to get that high.   Hit hard and dont get hit.  I went through about 85 percent of the game. I really don't care about doing every little thing.  But I'm gonna try to see the stuff I missed on new game plus.   The map is still there but no grace points.

I'm sure people know this already, but don't sleep on Siofra River.  I tried this a couple of times earlier and found it a little too difficult, but it should be very do-able at level 50-ish.  Very nice area that a person could forget about after leaving Limgrave behind. 

God help me this is up next for me, have about another 10 hours of Witcher 3 Blood & Wine to finish and then I'm diving into the deep end of my new hell. :lmao:

I have only been able to play for an hour here and there so I’m still stuck at Stormveil Castle. The knight locks the door behind me and snickers like Snidley the dog before proceeding to slaughter me. 

Finished Ranni's quest line and made my way to Mt. Gelmir to continue with Sorceress Sellen quest line.

"Rotten Breath", "Sword of Night and Fire" and the  "Mimic Tear"  made quick work on the bosses I fought tonight. 

I have only been able to play for an hour here and there so I’m still stuck at Stormveil Castle. The knight locks the door behind me and snickers like Snidley the dog before proceeding to slaughter me. 
That door only gets locked the first time you go in.  After that, the knight still attacks you, but you can just grab the key and run away.  That knight is seriously a problem at that point in the game considering that you're fighting him in a closet.

That door only gets locked the first time you go in.  After that, the knight still attacks you, but you can just grab the key and run away.  That knight is seriously a problem at that point in the game considering that you're fighting him in a closet.

Agreed. Also, Ive gotten used to the manufactured delays and twitches on bosses and harder enemies but what I cant seem to do is weather their repeated attacks. Some of these guys are just relentless with their attacks. 

any suggestions on sorcery spells I should target?

I got comet azure and greatbow.  handful of others.  Going after lusats armor and staff.   found the physik mix that allows for infinite FP for 10 seconds.  trying to get all this before starting a new game

any suggestions on sorcery spells I should target?

I got comet azure and greatbow.  handful of others.  Going after lusats armor and staff.   found the physik mix that allows for infinite FP for 10 seconds.  trying to get all this before starting a new game
Glintstone Pebble and Rock Sling are both pretty reliable. Just go get the meterior staff makes Rock Sling hit harder.

Users who are viewing this thread