What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Indefinite Cincinnati Bengals Thread *** 0-0 Never Felt So Good Before! (1 Viewer)

Wonderful effort and game last night
Looks like Cinci will be back in the discussion of how far they can go in the PLayoffs
I realize Baltimore is 7-2, they've whooped a few teams now, still think Cinci is the team to beat in the North

Outside of the road game at Baltimore, think the Bengals will be favored in most of their games the rest of the way.
12-5 or even better not off the table yet.

Last edited:
Who Dey Nation Strong ✊🐯
Get well, Joey. To those other 31 teams, fight hard for that ring, you won't get one next year.

Situation is dire but let's see what Browning can do out there. Honestly looked better than I expected after he came in. Basically the big knock on him out of college was arm strength so that will be likely the biggest difficulty.

From the fantasy side Irwin looks to be rosterable if Tee remains out as there definitely is a connection between him and Jake - surely they have had a ton of practice time together.

-QG

Situation is dire but let's see what Browning can do out there. Honestly looked better than I expected after he came in. Basically the big knock on him out of college was arm strength so that will be likely the biggest difficulty.

From the fantasy side Irwin looks to be rosterable if Tee remains out as there definitely is a connection between him and Jake - surely they have had a ton of practice time together.

-QG
Completely agree there, I thought Browning did perfectly fine. We're down, not out, but I'm done worrying about this season, for now.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in ...

Two weeks ago, after the awful loss to the Steelers, I truly thought I'd seen the last of Bengals games that I actually cared about this year.

We need to finiah 3-1 5o have a good shot. I'd say 4-0 and we should be in easily, don't know if that's an actual lock but seems realistically like a near lock. We won't win any tiebreakers unless we are tied with Indy and/or Buffalo, with no one else involved. Pretty much need to pass any team to be ahead, we'll be at the bottom of most blocks of tied teams in the end.

Alright, Santa, so you crapped all over my one Christmas wish. Can you at least give us a whole season start to finish with a healthy Burrow next year?

Santa...? *dial tone*

I don't think anyone believes Joe Burrow's job was in danger. IMO that is kind of ridiculous.
That was my attempt at humor. My previous thread title was "Joe Burrow Becomes the Highest Paid Backup QB in the NFL" after Browning caught fire. Then changed it after yesterday's game.

Adomitis and Browning tendered ERFA contracts as expected

Last year of ERFA for Adomitis - Browning has ANOTHER year after this one. And then a year or RFA.

They cannot negotiate with other teams - basically they can sign for under $1m for the season or not play. They can negotiate a longer term contract - but neither has leverage at all.

Fans around the league and even some of our own fans fancy Browning as a trade target but I cannot imagine any trade offer being remotely worth it. Some mid round pick does nothing - we would have to go out and get a new I,ackup QB for a higher salary at a time when we have a lot of big contract coming up. Teams aren't going to pony up serious draft capital (yes I mean a first rounder) for him since the resume is as thin as it is.

$915k for that slot is impossible value for what he brings. And that is for 2 more years. After that we would give him a first round tender which would still be a bargain. Getting more expensive at that slot for a worse QB? No thanks. Getting a tip top backup would be way too expensive.

Browning is stuck. Only way to get more $ sooner would be to do a long deal at a better rate (but still a rare that is low relative to his true value). Let other fanbases imagine him as a solution. Ain't happenin'

-QG

Adomitis and Browning tendered ERFA contracts as expected

Last year of ERFA for Adomitis - Browning has ANOTHER year after this one. And then a year or RFA.

They cannot negotiate with other teams - basically they can sign for under $1m for the season or not play. They can negotiate a longer term contract - but neither has leverage at all.

Fans around the league and even some of our own fans fancy Browning as a trade target but I cannot imagine any trade offer being remotely worth it. Some mid round pick does nothing - we would have to go out and get a new I,ackup QB for a higher salary at a time when we have a lot of big contract coming up. Teams aren't going to pony up serious draft capital (yes I mean a first rounder) for him since the resume is as thin as it is.

$915k for that slot is impossible value for what he brings. And that is for 2 more years. After that we would give him a first round tender which would still be a bargain. Getting more expensive at that slot for a worse QB? No thanks. Getting a tip top backup would be way too expensive.

Browning is stuck. Only way to get more $ sooner would be to do a long deal at a better rate (but still a rare that is low relative to his true value). Let other fanbases imagine him as a solution. Ain't happenin'

-QG
That makes sense, I was just thinking about how we could be able to get something for him. But you have to have a backup.

I would definitely call it a downgrade. I'm thinking thunder/lightning duo with Brown.

No no no. I disagree. It's an upgrade. Mixon had very few explosive plays last year. I'm almost certain Moss had more. They looked like different backs last year on their respective teams. That's just my eye test, though, so take it for what it's worth.

I would definitely call it a downgrade. I'm thinking thunder/lightning duo with Brown.

No no no. I disagree. It's an upgrade. Mixon had very few explosive plays last year. I'm almost certain Moss had more. They looked like different backs last year on their respective teams. That's just my eye test, though, so take it for what it's worth.
I'll factor your eyes in and call it a lateral. I'm probably just stuck in "Moss sucks" mode from drafting him with the #8 pick in 2020 and then letting him eat a roster spot for two years just to trade him for peanuts ... maybe not peanuts, but it wasn't much, I don't remember.

ETA: Also of note. I always think of him as a "big guy". He was 223 at combine. But listed at 205 now.

I'm probably just stuck in "Moss sucks" mode from drafting him with the #8 pick in 2020 and then letting him eat a roster spot for two years just to trade him for peanuts

I really think that will have a significant effect on one's judgment. I find that when I'm personally invested that my own judgement gets warped. Moss looked good last year in Indy. I wonder if he'll keep it up in Cincinnati.

Moss can pass block - I think it is going to open up the offense a bit. We badly missed Perine 's blocking ability. Moss also has been good at getting yards above expected.

The breaking news is that we are actually getting a pick for Mixon as we are shipping him to the Texans instead of cutting him.

And added Gesicki as our latest contract audition TE which is a move I really like too.

I think with the glut of WR talent in the draft we will end up keeping Tee for this year.

So far liking what we are doing.

-QG

I'm probably just stuck in "Moss sucks" mode from drafting him with the #8 pick in 2020 and then letting him eat a roster spot for two years just to trade him for peanuts

I really think that will have a significant effect on one's judgment. I find that when I'm personally invested that my own judgement gets warped. Moss looked good last year in Indy. I wonder if he'll keep it up in Cincinnati.
Would love to see him tear it up.

Rumors swirling here in Cincy that Jefferson is being traded to the Bengals. Reuniting Chase, Burrow, and JJ

Feels like social media goofiness but enjoying it nonetheless :D

-QG
I remember hearing a rumor a month or two ago that Jefferson specifically wanted to come to Cincy to reunite. I don't know if it was something he actually said or just one of those dumb internet rumors.

Bengals should lock up Reader before he visits Detroit. That will be a big loss that they may not be able to fill.
This is a tough one with age and injury. I feel they are gonna wait it out and snag a DT late off the scrap heap.....or target one of the Texas DTs in the draft. Their pick has some decent talent at OT and DT supposedly available

Whatever teams signs Reader though knows he won't be available until late October or November. May not matter, dudes been a force and may be worth the wait

Rumors swirling here in Cincy that Jefferson is being traded to the Bengals. Reuniting Chase, Burrow, and JJ

Feels like social media goofiness but enjoying it nonetheless :D

-QG
I remember hearing a rumor a month or two ago that Jefferson specifically wanted to come to Cincy to reunite. I don't know if it was something he actually said or just one of those dumb internet rumors.

They caught him on a hot mic in a game or.coming off the field after an interception mouthing. "Get me to Cincinnati. "

Signing OT Trent Brown from the Patriots. I know nothing about o-linemen. Sounds like he has an injury-plagued history, but assuming he stays healthy, is he a plus guy?

Users who are viewing this thread