What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Indefinite Cincinnati Bengals Thread *** 0-0 Never Felt So Good Before! (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
If this already exists in some form, please delete, but the only Bengals threads I can find are for a specific year or topic, or specific offseason, or from like 14 years ago with 4 replies.

Starting this out with a comical statistical anomaly I've become obsessed with lately. Here is a list of the Bengals' point differentials in their most recent 31 games, sorted from best result to worst result:

+31 Pittsburgh
+24 Baltimore
+23 Detroit
+21 Carolina
+20 Baltimore
+19 Las Vegas
+18 Atlanta
+15 NY Jets
+14 Pittsburgh
+12 Miami
+7 Las Vegas
+7 Pittsburgh
+5 Denver
+4 New Orleans
+3 Minnesota
+3 Jacksonville
+3 Kansas City
+3 Tennessee
+3 Kansas City
-2 Baltimore
-3 Chicago
-3 Green Bay
-3 NY Jets
-3 San Francisco
-3 LA Rams
-3 Pittsburgh
-3 Dallas

... so that's 27 out of 31. Just 4 to go. 1 team oddly absent from the list thus far ...

-5 Cleveland
-19 LA Chargers
-19 Cleveland
-25 Cleveland

I haven't done a great job of maintaining the one I created so I am fine if there's another thread to carry the mantle or otherwise be merged with the last one I created.

Thanks Bengal Brother!

-QG

I haven't done a great job of maintaining the one I created so I am fine if there's another thread to carry the mantle or otherwise be merged with the last one I created.

Thanks Bengal Brother!

-QG
My bad. I didn't find it. Any thread is fine with me!

It probably has more to do with my subpar football IQ than my outlook, but I'm not someone you'll hear complaining much about bad calls, no-calls, injuries, questionable play calling, etc., everytime we fall short. I am someone you'll hear running down the sidewalk screaming "WHO DEY" until I have no voice left on that dey when we finally get it done.

Ryan Burns
@FtblSickness

I maintain that the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals were a better, more complete, more impressive team than the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals, even though the latter went to the Super Bowl. Big steps were taken this year, from my viewpoint. They'll have to manage the money, yes. Always a test.

Thanks Bengal Brother!

-QG
I see now that you had the annual Bengals threads going. I think that is probably a better, cleaner concept than indefinite. I vote for you to continue that. Or if not I'll change this title to 2023-24 season.

Looks like the opening odds for next year are +1000

Maybe slightly juicy but greedy me wants our Bengals to be more disrespected by the wagering public.

-QG

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
Bengals coaching staff on the brink of being absolutely pillaged. Could lose the DC, OC and QB Coach.
---------------------
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
From @gmfb on the #AZCardinals’ second round of head coaching interviews, the #Buccaneers’ search for a new OC (#Bengals QB coach Dan Pitcher will interview in person this week) and the countdown to the #Raiders’ deadline to make a decision on Derek Carr.

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
Bengals coaching staff on the brink of being absolutely pillaged. Could lose the DC, OC and QB Coach.
---------------------
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
From @gmfb on the #AZCardinals’ second round of head coaching interviews, the #Buccaneers’ search for a new OC (#Bengals QB coach Dan Pitcher will interview in person this week) and the countdown to the #Raiders’ deadline to make a decision on Derek Carr.

Update. No pillaging at all :pickle:

-QG

Bengals at +850 to win it all next year. 👍👍 KC a solid bit above everyone else, but after them, Philadelphia, Buffalo, San Francisco, and Cincinnati all very close amongst themselves.

Boom first resigning as LS Cal Adomitis is inked for a one year deal. A little bummed as it means Clark Harris has probably played his last down for us though maybe I'd he doesn't get a gig elsewhere we can bring him back to the practice squad. Definite Ring of Honor guy down the road.

-QG

So apparently we shouldn't expect to hear about a Burrow extension before March 31st because if it is signed after that the escrow account can be opened March 31, 2024 instead of 2023.

-QG

Bengals don't tender RFA Mitchell Wilcox so as of now there are zero tight ends under contract. Given that with the looming extensions they have to stretch every dollar it makes sense. Perhaps they are able to bring him back on a cheaper deal though other teams will surely have look.

Strongly suspect we'll take a TE in the one of the first two rounds - does seem like the position has a lot of good prospects.

-QG

Bengals don't tender RFA Mitchell Wilcox so as of now there are zero tight ends under contract. Given that with the looming extensions they have to stretch every dollar it makes sense. Perhaps they are able to bring him back on a cheaper deal though other teams will surely have look.

Strongly suspect we'll take a TE in the one of the first two rounds - does seem like the position has a lot of good prospects.

-QG
I saw somewhere that re-signing Hurst is still conceivable. But yeah if we can get a top rookie, as long as he's good in the blocking game, I'm all for it.

Ugh Hurst gone too. Not a surprise though and a 3-year deal for a 30-year-old player isn't something we were ever gonna do. Gotta look at the FA market at TE to see who we can build up.

A lot of RBs out there - I am thinking Singletary would be a good fit if we cannot get a big cut from Mixon. I don't think Singletary would be getting tippy top dollars.

We did resign Traeyvon Williams - gotta think he will get a little more opportunity next year as well.

-QG

Sounds like Eli Apple will be back.

I assume the deal is gonna be for cheaper than it would be if he weren't so vociferous so I am good with it (assuming the price is low)

The trash talk puts more focus on when he makes mistakes - his numbers are pretty good when you do the blind taste test.

-QG

Orlando Brown 4/64
So, I don't know if I should be excited or not? I know next to nothing about offensive linemen. The guy has been a pro bowler 4 times in his 5-year career 👍👍👍👍👍 but looking up OT rankings, I can't find him listed anywhere better than 20th 👎👍👎🫳🫳

Orlando Brown 4/64
So, I don't know if I should be excited or not? I know next to nothing about offensive linemen. The guy has been a pro bowler 4 times in his 5-year career 👍👍👍👍👍 but looking up OT rankings, I can't find him listed anywhere better than 20th 👎👍👎🫳🫳
He's pretty good, but sometimes gets burned. Burrow gets rid of it quickly so probably a good match.

Better fit for what we do, correct. This will move Jonah over to the right side. Probably means the release of Collins as well.

Pre free agency projects had numbers like 6yr @ $20m/yr with like $70m signing bonus. This deal is much much more reasonable than those projections. Basically took the Bates money and put it into projecting JB. Good stuff.

-QG

Signed guard Cody Ford. Sounds like he's a depth piece but any decent offensive lineman is nice to have around.

Not the greatest PFF numbers but maybe being back with his Oklahoma teammate will help. Hope we don't need him

-QG

Signed safety Nick Scott. Never heard of him. But we need a warm body at safety.

EDIT: Had a visit with him, not signed.

Last edited:
Seems like Scott is not quite a done deal. Haven't seen anything with a link or that looks remotely certain.

Rapp coming in for a visit. Would seem unlikely that they would sign two safeties given the spent draft capital but who knows...

-QG

Seems like Scott is not quite a done deal. Haven't seen anything with a link or that looks remotely certain.

Rapp coming in for a visit. Would seem unlikely that they would sign two safeties given the spent draft capital but who knows...

-QG
Dang, you're right, my bad. Good catch.

No biggie there was a lot of talk about it and a PFF guy was the original source.

In other news Gesicki signed with the Patriots which is a bummer.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread