What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (7 Viewers)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/30/no-manziel-in-tiger-cats-home-opener/

No Manziel in Tiger-Cats’ home opener

Posted by Mike Florio on June 30, 2018, 12:37 AM EDT

Johnny Manziel has spent three regular-season games in the CFL. He has yet to play in any of them.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats played their home opener on Friday night, notching a 31-17 win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Starting quarterback Jeremiah Masoli went wire-to-wire for Hamilton, completing 31 of 41 passes (75.6 percent) for 369 yards, a touchdown, and an interception.

For the season, the former Mississippi quarterback has completed 75 of 106 passes for 1,045 yards and four scores. He has a 70.7-percent completion percentage and a per-pass average of 9.85 yards.

Given those numbers and in light of the team’s 2-1 start, it may be awhile before Manziel gets a chance to start. He likely has a better chance at this point of getting on the field in garbage time of a game that has been decided.

That could have been tonight, given that Hamilton led 31-10 after three quarters. But Manziel remained on the bench, and by all appearances he’ll be there indefinitely.

Sounds like Masoli look might get a NFL before Manziel.  Manziel isn’t good enough to get him off the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at the Hamilton game last night, my first CFL game. No comparison to the fun of Bills tailgate. 

Surprised to see a decent amount of Manziel jerseys in the crowd. 

Hamilton QB played like dirt...there were calls in the crowd for Johnny Football. 

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 15m15 minutes ago

Big CFL news: Johnny Manziel will be the starting QB this Friday for the @MTLAlouettes against the @Ticats.

So where can one watch CFL games? Is there a streaming service?

:popcorn:

Johnny Manziel threw 4 interceptions.... in the first half.... in the CFL :lol:

If nothing else, a great Nathan Peterman impersonation.

I suspect that a Johnny Manziel comeback movie is off the table for now...

TSN‏ @TSN_Sports 5m5 minutes ago

After the first half of play, the @Ticats lead the @MTLAlouettes 38-3 on #FNF.

Johnny Manziel went 9-for-16, and threw for 90 yards and four interceptions.

I actually have some friends from TO & Montreal and I had some beers with them oh about a month ago. Friend from MTL was saying that the talk had been that the Als had tried to get the rights to Manziel from Hamilton and I really wondered about the value of that considering he was at best a Project. Then the Als sure enough traded two firsts for for him. Then they just up and started him. Reminds me of what they did with Michael Sam a couple years back, just a pure pr ploy. They should have let him stay on the bench in Ham.

In defense of the CFL, I don’t think Manziel ever had a game this bad in the NFL. His first pass was picked, all 4 Ints came in the 1st half. I enjoy CFL football so I’m actually sort of gratified by this result. And I’ve rooted against Manziel since his Aggie days. But I do hate to see a person wreck their life. If this continues everyone on the Als should be fired, including the owner.

Last night Pipkin (out of Tiffin) went 11/22/95/0/4 with 2 pick-6’s. Als lost 32-14 to BC. Manziel didn’t get in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread