What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** KC Chiefs Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

Hoosier Daddy?

The General's Army
Needs for this first pick: DE, CB, or WR. Should be a CB, though being an OSU homer, I'd love to see Santonio Holmes fall to #20.

The corners we're looking at: Jonathan Joseph, Tye Hill, Jimmy Williams, Antonio Cromartie, and Richard Marshall.

Thoughts?

I disagree with taking Lawson here. I definitely don't think we need another LB before we need a solid DE or CB.

But, I do agree that we could've gotten this guy about 8-10 picks later at least.

Hali, Pollard, and Croyle...

Seriously, the Chiefs need to trade their picks since they proved once again they don't know how to draft. Year after year of the same old thing.

Anyone else underwhelmed.......Hali I can live with, but I am certain the call KC got to trade down was from PITT looking @ S. Holmes...I think Hali would have been there @ 1.32. Not bad but I would give it a B.

The Pollard pick is so completely asaninee and angering I didnt want to eat the steak dinner I was going to have. Youboty, Winston, Hagan and others were all there....and you take a S? If youre going to take a S, GO GET BING OR KO SIMPSON! And yet that flies in the face of conventional wisdom that says you need CB over S. Winston @ OT represented HUGE value there! I give that pick a D....only because I think Pollard is a nice player but a nice 4th rounder, not a 2nd rounder.

This continues the theory of KC ineptitude in second round picks. 2004-Spithood Siavii and Kris Wilson; 2003-Kavika Mitchell (the exception); 2002-Eddie Freeman, 2000-Bill Bartee; 1999-Mike CLoud; 1998-Rashan Shehee; 1997-Kevin Lockett. The only good picks were 2001-traded for Vermeil, and 2005-traded for Surtain.

FInally in Round 3, they draft Croyle. I dont mind this pick so much because of what had come off the board since the Pollard pick. I was looking for Hagan or Winston and maybe Dvoracek. When Hagan went three picks beforehand, I myself wasnt sure which way to go. I wanted Zemaitis, CB from PENN ST., or even taking another S in Bing. Croyle is a good value pick, in that I like his character and is he proves to be over the injuries, he could prove to be Green's eventual replacement.

HOWEVER, another bad history here. Quick......name the # of QBs drafted by KC who have made an impact for KC? The answer is one. Its Todd Blackledge and the only impact he had was a bad one. Look at the QBs the Chiefs have drafted.

Pete Woods-4th-1978

Steve Fuller-1st-1979

Todd Blackledge-1st-1983

Mike Elkins-2nd-1989

Matt Blundin-2nd-1992

Steve Matthews-7th-1994

Steve Stenstrom-4th-1995

Pat Barnes-4th-1997

James Killian -7th-2005

Thats what KC has doen drafting QBs since Len Dawson retired. I didnt include anything below a 7th round pick either or you could add several more. I fear KC wasted this pick....history shows that. We have always been great in finding or trading for QBs

Len Dawson

Bill Kenney

Steve Deberg

Dave Kreig

Joe Montana

Elvis Grbac

Steve Bono

Rich Gannon

Trent Green

The second list is MUCH better.

For these two lists the Croyle pick gets a D also. Sorry about the negativity, but this was one of the 5 worst drafts of the day.

Hali, Pollard, and Croyle...

Seriously, the Chiefs need to trade their picks since they proved once again they don't know how to draft. Year after year of the same old thing.
:shrug: Hali's a talent. Along with Jared Allen, he'll be a force IMO.

Pollard... eh, good enough I guess, just not enamored.

They needed a backup QB, Croyle was probably the best available, but isn't inspiring.

Overall a "blah" draft, although I like Hali a lot. Just the fact that he probably could have been drafted a few picks later keeps it from being a great pick.

ETA: Kevin makes a good point, even if Hali would have been gone, Kiwanuka went at the Steelers pick, and I consider them about equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hearing on KC radio that they may not pick a CB today.......reason being is that Ty Law is sstill out there and KC willnow have soem $$$$ for him. If thats the case, I would be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hearing on KC radio that they may not pick a CB today.......reason being is that Ty Law is sstill out there and KC willnow have soem $$$$ for him. If thats the case, I would be happy.
Guess not Kevin. Marcus Maxey...

It just amazes me that KC fails to draft a WR on day-1 every year. It's mindboggling. I know this was a down year for WRs, but they were in position to get decent value & take a WR. Anybody have a clue?

It just amazes me that KC fails to draft a WR on day-1 every year. It's mindboggling. I know this was a down year for WRs, but they were in position to get decent value & take a WR. Anybody have a clue?
It could be that the offense isn't the problem.

I am hearing on KC radio that they may not pick a CB today.......reason being is that Ty Law is sstill out there and KC willnow have soem $$$$ for him.  If thats the case, I would be happy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess not Kevin. Marcus Maxey...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually like the first three picks to varying degrees.What gets me is Zemaitis was taken a couple of picks after KC's fourth round pick. Too bad that was traded away for Herm. They could have had him. Then I actually sat and waited until the KC pick in the 5th round hoping the entire time that Minter would last. He got nabbed two spots before the KC selection. Either of those guys would have excused them not taking a CB on the first day. Instead they took Maxey in desperation.

I was one that did not believe the Chiefs would benefit from taking a WR on the first day this year. I feel fairly confident they will next year, however (barring any major move or significant player development).

Users who are viewing this thread