What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Kickoff Time of Hou/Jax? (1 Viewer)

TheGolfBallKid

Footballguy
Just wondering if anyone knows when the exact kickoff for this game was and where I can get verification. I was locked from starting Slaton at 12:56 PM due to church going long and our league rule that lineups lock 5 minutes before kickoff. Thank in advance for any help you can offer....

Just wondering if anyone knows when the exact kickoff for this game was and where I can get verification. I was locked from starting Slaton at 12:56 PM due to church going long and our league rule that lineups lock 5 minutes before kickoff. Thank in advance for any help you can offer....
Can't help you with that, but I can give you a very precise prediction of your league mates reaction to your whining.LMK if you're interested.

Can't help you with that, but I can give you a very precise prediction of your league mates reaction to your whining.LMK if you're interested.
Didn't need a smartass remark as I posted on the league's site at 12:56 PM that I wanted that change. Just trying to find out if the kickoff was after 1:01 w/ proof to back up my claim. No whining. Just verification. Thanks for your insightful post however.

I'm guessing by the chippy replies, that no one can help. Priorities are in perfect order, tyvm. Glad I already won the game, just trying to figure out as a league how we can resolve this issue as it's happened to 3 other members this year as well. Perhaps the best move is to change software..... and stop asking the the "Sharks" for their wonderful insight.

Didn't need a smartass remark as I posted on the league's site at 12:56 PM that I wanted that change. Just trying to find out if the kickoff was after 1:01 w/ proof to back up my claim. No whining. Just verification. Thanks for your insightful post however.
:ptts:

I am not clever enough to provide a smart ### comment, so I will just answer your questions. The NFL gamebook shows kickoff at 1:02. See link.http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/2...AX_Gamebook.pdf

Good Luck.

:shrug:

If game time is scheduled at 1:00, 5 minutes before hand would be 12:55. Since they have to lock things BEFORE they actually kickoff, they can't take retroactive roster moves. IMO, even if if they kicked off at 1:11 I don't think anything could have been done.

That doesn't seem like a church going attitude.

You should be setting your lineup way before 12:56. Like Wednesday, then make last minute changes. A little forethought...

That doesn't seem like a church going attitude.
Maybe he should have gone to an extra mass. Maybe try the Saturday night mass.

If game time is scheduled at 1:00, 5 minutes before hand would be 12:55. Since they have to lock things BEFORE they actually kickoff, they can't take retroactive roster moves. IMO, even if if they kicked off at 1:11 I don't think anything could have been done.
Thanks David. That's what our league is struggling with. Our league rules state 5 minutes before actual kickoff, not scheduled kickoff. Seems that the best move for the league is to change the wording effective immediately to preclude any additional questions. Also thanks to bigfoamfinger for the exact link.

I'm guessing by the chippy replies, that no one can help. Priorities are in perfect order, tyvm. Glad I already won the game, just trying to figure out as a league how we can resolve this issue as it's happened to 3 other members this year as well. Perhaps the best move is to change software..... and stop asking the the "Sharks" for their wonderful insight.
Or maybe you and your fellow gnomes can quit being little weasels and simply assume that games start at the set time that they're scheduled. It's real simple, your lineup is due by 11:55 central for 12:00 games. Get your stinkin' lineups in.

Won't your league software handle changes right up until 1? Ours does. I'd find another software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change league rules or software whatever..I think 99% of FF leagues go by 1PM Sunday (not counting those Thursday or Saturdays games if sch).

Along the same lines, can someone tell me what time the Eagles game kicked off tonight? It was scheduled for 7:15, right?

The Westbrook owner called our commish and had him make the switch to Buckhalter at 7:23 because the software had locked Westbrook in his lineup, probably because the game had already kicked off.

Not sure I'm cool with that....

2 suggestions:#1 - Don't lock the lineup until the scheduled kick-off (which we do and has worked great in our league). Either way it seems that you have a rule in-place and thats all that really matters, is that it is clear. If you want to change it, change it next year, not mid stream.#2 - We also allow phone calls (if the commish doesn't answer, then voicemail is timestamped) to the commish only for lineup changes in case u are NOT home at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Along the same lines, can someone tell me what time the Eagles game kicked off tonight? It was scheduled for 7:15, right?The Westbrook owner called our commish and had him make the switch to Buckhalter at 7:23 because the software had locked Westbrook in his lineup, probably because the game had already kicked off. Not sure I'm cool with that....
It was 8:24 EST.Just exactly how big is that can of worms, anyway?

Or maybe you and your fellow gnomes can quit being little weasels and simply assume that games start at the set time that they're scheduled. It's real simple, your lineup is due by 11:55 central for 12:00 games. Get your stinkin' lineups in.
or maybe your league mates can just let it slide as it was before 1:00. At 1:01 I say you're done, but in that 5 minutes all my leagues allow a call to the commish or opponent.

Along the same lines, can someone tell me what time the Eagles game kicked off tonight? It was scheduled for 7:15, right?The Westbrook owner called our commish and had him make the switch to Buckhalter at 7:23 because the software had locked Westbrook in his lineup, probably because the game had already kicked off. Not sure I'm cool with that....
Cool, thanks.

Cool, thanks.
Was thinking about this thread when I looked at the DVR player as they kicked off...official K.O. time is always listed at 8:15, but seems like it's always a few minutes later...

or maybe your league mates can just let it slide as it was before 1:00. At 1:01 I say you're done, but in that 5 minutes all my leagues allow a call to the commish or opponent.
They'll just find something else to whine about...

Users who are viewing this thread