What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official ***La Dispute*** thread (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
They deserve their own thread. 

Let us hope for better things. About life in a Midwestern City: So to amor my home, desperate friend. 

Aka ####hole? The Grand Rapids name makes it sound like a nice place
I don't know why- because the Devos family owns half of it?  Grand Rapids is a nice city. Lots of awesome breweries, some good places to eat, a good amount of cultural stuff, fun college town vibe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this about your other thread? I'm having a hard time keeping up. 
Heh. No, that was a misunderstanding I feel genuinely bad about. This is simply about La Dispute's new song. You have IDLES, and I partially agree, but I also have La Dispute as the punk champs of the day.

rockaction said:
In all seriousness while laughing, I'd recommend Wildlife from 2011. Just a great album.  
diving in now, thanks :thumbup:

eta: just mis-read "harder harmonies" as "harder harmonicas" and got irrationally excited.

rockaction said:
In all seriousness while laughing, I'd recommend Wildlife from 2011. Just a great album.  
diving in now, thanks :thumbup:

eta: just mis-read "harder harmonies" as "harder harmonicas" and got irrationally excited.
ok... still funny, because the thought of the lead singer having the chops to harmonize is- well- funny. 

the music reminds me a little of Pile and some of those TX punk/blues-rock blend bands.... which is good (for me). 

considering the bands (like IDLES) that I like that rely on singers that are admittedly hit or miss for most people- this guy is a miss for me. 

ok... still funny, because the thought of the lead singer having the chops to harmonize is- well- funny. 

the music reminds me a little of Pile and some of those TX punk/blues-rock blend bands.... which is good (for me). 

considering the bands (like IDLES) that I like that rely on singers that are admittedly hit or miss for most people- this guy is a miss for me. 
Yeah, Eephus said that back when I took this in a draft. He is admittedly hit or miss. It's a hit for me. As for harmony, I've got nothing on you guys.  

I'm laughing because I thought it was the 22nd -- the release date, that is. Thanks, Eephus. A definite listening party will commence at the sight of the bump. 

We need a new draft. Any ideas?  

You guys rule. Thanks.

eta* Not a huge fan. It has been over ten years since Wildlife, largely considered their best. I am getting older and time and punk is flying by. But it's nice to get the heads up on the release. 

Users who are viewing this thread