What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - It's a Holliday In Baltimodia, Where People Dress in Orange*** (2 Viewers)

Im just saying every stadium has HORRIBLE traffic issues. Thats a poor excuse.
The Lightning play in a perfect location for the area and have the longest streak of sellouts in the NHL. Something like 8 or 9 years. All the data is there. Truly don’t know what to tell you, believe what you want I guess.

The Lightning play in a perfect location for the area and have the longest streak of sellouts in the NHL. Something like 8 or 9 years. All the data is there. Truly don’t know what to tell you, believe what you want I guess.
Their capacity is half a baseball stadium, no?
I think you are missing the most important part of the equation here.

Which is?

Which is?
The location of each building.

Which is?
TB Lightening arena capacity is about 19k. 21k showed up for a Rays baseball game. I dont get it.

Which is?
TB Lightening arena capacity is about 19k. 21k showed up for a Rays baseball game. I dont get it.
:lol:

Good luck, man. I can't help you.

Which is?
:lol:

Good luck, man. I can't help you.
I dont know if youre poking fun at me or capella. Probably me

Let me sum up the issues we brought up. The main issues with the Rays' attendance is the location is far away from where people live and also there is no public transportation. I've gone to camden yards, yankee stadium, and wrigey field all by train. Not an option. Last, the issue not brought up is for the last few years, it felt like their owners were almost trying to tank attendance to sell their Montreal plan. Now that is dead, this year they are doing all kinds of deals they haven't been doing.

Let me sum up the issues we brought up. The main issues with the Rays' attendance is the location is far away from where people live and also there is no public transportation. I've gone to camden yards, yankee stadium, and wrigey field all by train. Not an option. Last, the issue not brought up is for the last few years, it felt like their owners were almost trying to tank attendance to sell their Montreal plan. Now that is dead, this year they are doing all kinds of deals they haven't been doing.
Don't forget the traffic that doesn't exist in any other stadium

Twins have taken 2 in NY! Anyone familiar with the Twins would know they could lose the next 2 and a split series in NY would be a win. Twins are 10-25 in NY since 2012 and I can't remember the last time they won a series in NY.

Twins have taken 2 in NY! Anyone familiar with the Twins would know they could lose the next 2 and a split series in NY would be a win. Twins are 10-25 in NY since 2012 and I can't remember the last time they won a series in NY.
Yeah watched every pitch. Loss sucks. Good win for the Twins following yesterday's game

Did nobody in the area think about these issues or bring it up when building a stadium? Did these issues not exist in 1990? Seems incredibly stupid that they went through with this knowing there might be problems getting butts in seats. You have the best team in baseball and nobody attends games. I can't think of another professional sport in the world where this is happening.

You have the best team in baseball and nobody attends games. I can't think of another professional sport in the world where this is happening.

Well, the Rams won a Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Not really a new thing in Florida either. The Marlins won a few titles and nobody was attending a whole lot of those games either.

Did nobody in the area think about these issues or bring it up when building a stadium? Did these issues not exist in 1990? Seems incredibly stupid that they went through with this knowing there might be problems getting butts in seats. You have the best team in baseball and nobody attends games. I can't think of another professional sport in the world where this is happening.
The group that got the stadium done did it 10 years prior to getting a team (during the Giants tease), and hoped St Pete would blossom out of the low/fixed income hub of the area into what Tampa eventually did. It was a very young area then…and much different than it is today.

I just saw a special on this. Basically, their was a group in tampa and a group in St Pete both battling to get a team on their side of the bay. The St Pete side was able to build a stadium and get the right people in their group to influence mlb to give them a team

As if having open sewers in the Oakland Coliseum wasn't bad enough, now the visiting team's broadcast booth is closed off because of a possum living and pooping in the booth
Boog Sciambi and Rick Sutcliffe are having an in-depth conversation about this tonight. The game is one-sided and dull, so there is not much else to talk about. Sutcliffe is from the country, so he has seen just about every critter. Sciambi is from NYC so he has only seen giant rats.

The Rays are undefeated but Detroit isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Washington isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Oakland isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Boston isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Detroit isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Washington isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Oakland isn’t a real team.

The Rays are undefeated but Boston isn’t a real team.
The Rays are obviously a good team but their record is indicative of the teams they are facing. However, even good teams lose to bad teams which makes their start incredible. I just dont think they are as good as their record (probably an obvious statement).
They’re like +60 run differential man lol

the Rays have trailed at the end of just 5 of 108 innings this season

they’re the 3rd team all-time to trail at the end of 5 or fewer of their 1st 108 innings of a season, joining:

the 1884 Gothams (2 of first 108) + 1884 Maroons (0 of first 108)

h/t @EliasSports

Are you an Eagles fan by chance ?

Rays 0-2 vs real teams
I thing the Jays are the team to beat in the East…the Mattingly bench add to those young players was genius.
Their starting pitching may be a problem.
Agreed. Gausman is their only reliable starter and even he’s susceptible to an occasional blowup (see yesterday). Manoah is a complete different pitcher this year for whatever reason. He’s atrocious. Berrios is Berrios - meh. The Rays pitching staff is elite (although the Springs injury is big) and they have a damn good underrated lineup as well. They’re easily the best team in the East and probably all of baseball.

So deGrom made it 2 1/2 starts for Texas? Nice investment, Rangers.
He no longer plays for the Mets. He will be fine.

Sir, I don't think you're familiar at all with the historical futility of the franchise known today as The Texas Rangers. Your Mets have a couple of World Series wins. The Rangers have Nelson Cruz in the outfield gaffing away their best shot at one.

Sir, I don't think you're familiar at all with the historical futility of the franchise known today as The Texas Rangers. Your Mets have a couple of World Series wins. The Rangers have Nelson Cruz in the outfield gaffing away their best shot at one.
IMO, the Rangers are the Mets of the American League.

IMO, the Rangers are the Mets of the American League.

Mets fans will always have 1969 and 1986......what do the Rangers have to fall back on for comfort?

When that hit happened, I remember thinking, all but one major league right fielder would get to that ball. And Nelson Cruz was the one. (And he wasn't even close.)

When that hit happened, I remember thinking, all but one major league right fielder would get to that ball. And Nelson Cruz was the one. (And he wasn't even close.)

I've identified your problem.... ;)

Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread