What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Bobby Witt da da da da da, Bobby Witt da da da da da*** (2 Viewers)

ChiefD

Footballguy
The Royals will win the World Series this year, gentlemen. Bobby Witt, Jr on the opening day roster and things are up to date in Kansas City.

:headbang:

Last edited:
My wild predictions are that Jo Adell is top 5 in mvp.   Patrick Sandoval wins 18 games.  

Adell has one of the sweetest right handed swings I've ever seen.  Just crushed it all spring and looks very dialed in compared to prior years. 

Angels bullpen is sick.  It's 7 to 8 deep.  Detmers and Noah have looked great also. 

My wild predictions are that Jo Adell is top 5 in mvp.   Patrick Sandoval wins 18 games.  

Adell has one of the sweetest right handed swings I've ever seen.  Just crushed it all spring and looks very dialed in compared to prior years. 

Angels bullpen is sick.  It's 7 to 8 deep.  Detmers and Noah have looked great also. 
That's one team I'd like to see get in the playoffs and do some damage for the simple fact Mike Trout deserves it. 

That's one team I'd like to see get in the playoffs and do some damage for the simple fact Mike Trout deserves it. 
I think they will.  They have great bench hitters also.  If Rendon can do 25 100, they will make it. 

The team is so much fun to watch.  They mashed all spring 

I think they will.  They have great bench hitters also.  If Rendon can do 25 100, they will make it. 

The team is so much fun to watch.  They mashed all spring 
You mean games played right?  

Angels should be really good.  Syndergaard looks healthy and back to his dominating self as well.  I can't wait for the season to start.  

Can't get a sense for how the Cardinals might look this year.  They should be good defensively, decent with bats/speed, but the big unknown is pitching.  Flaherty already hurt.  Waino is 40 or 41.  He looked good last year, but who knows if father time catches up with him.  And all with with a new manager.

The Royals will win the World Series this year, gentlemen. Bobby Witt, Jr on the opening day roster and things are up to date in Kansas City.

Going to have to get past the Twins first!  :boxing:  I haven't been this excited about a Twins lineup in a couple years even with all the questions at Pitcher, but I guess signing the #1 FA will do that.  It hopefully will be a fun summer.

'Stros have looked great this spring. Pena looks like a serviceable Correa replacement and the pitching looks solid.

@matt_wade22: Ke’Bryan Hayes immediately getting hurt after signing the biggest contract in Pirates history is the most Pirates thing to ever happen

@barstoolsports: Ke'Bryan Hayes Left Opening Day With a Wrist Injury Right After Agreeing To The Biggest Contract In Pirates History - The Deal is Pending a Physical That He Hasn't Taken Yet https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3413090/kebryan-hayes-left-opening-day-with-a-wrist-injury-right-after-agreeing-to-the-biggest-contract-in-pirates-history-the-deal-is-pending-a-physical-that-he-hasnt-taken-yet https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1512182188699172869/photo/1

One team that could be setting themselves for a disappointing season are the White Sox.  The rotation is pretty trashed already.  IDK about Minn, but Detroit and KC could be sleepers if their young talent comes thru.
Giolito, Cease, Kopech news I missed? Hopefully Keuchel can pitch decent until Lynn returns. Lopez has the tools and health...but been let down 3 years in a row by him so hoping for a rebound by Keuchel but not confident. Finally having a  good starter in  RF will be nice. 

Tigs and Twinks have picked up some decent players . 

there are a lot of putrid lineups right now.  the nats seem awful outside of soto and it’s a disgrace.  the pirates opening day lineup was brutal.  

FairWarning said:
One team that could be setting themselves for a disappointing season are the White Sox.  The rotation is pretty trashed already.  IDK about Minn, but Detroit and KC could be sleepers if their young talent comes thru.
Nice comeback today by Detroit.  Give up a HR in the 9th to put the Sox ahead, then score two (with a video review and walkoff) to win it.  El Mago!

Cruel start to the season for Cubs fans.  Schwarber leads off the Phillies season with a homer; Baez gives the Tigers a game one win with a clutch hit.

everything about this appletv mlb broadcast makes me want to dig up steve jobs’ corpse and put it in front of a tv.  
I gave it 2 innings. Then muted the tv, streamed the Mets radio broadcast to a Bluetooth speaker instead. Even with that, the apple tv broadcast missed entire pitches, and when the mets had the bases loaded, they were showing replays full screen with the live broadcast was in the corner. 

Watching the Hou/LAA game onApple tv+, pretty slick production.  A lot of next-level stats on there, but it doesnt take away from the game.  

Royals still in first place. Bobby Witt Jr with a game saving play in the top of the tenth to keep the Guardians from scoring.

They're never gonna speed this thing up because old guys have five hours to kill, apparently, on a Sunday night. Nice watching Aaron Judge take a lap around field after his three foul balls with two strikes. 

Nope. No need to speed this game up. At all. Love it. Can't get enough of five-hour snooze fests. 

Just checking back. I think Aaron Judge is still on two strikes here. Or he struck out. Or hit a home run. One of the three true outcomes that don't involve two-strike foul balls. Or something. 

Whatever. They took baseball and dumped a big, fat turd all over it. It sucks. You wouldn't catch me dead watching a nine-inning game. 

RIP, wonderful game. 

Just checking back. I think Aaron Judge is still on two strikes here. Or he struck out. Or hit a home run. One of the three true outcomes that don't involve two-strike foul balls. Or something. 

Whatever. They took baseball and dumped a big, fat turd all over it. It sucks. You wouldn't catch me dead watching a nine-inning game. 

RIP, wonderful game. 
I don’t remember who it was hitting last year but it was a night game. I went to use the head, brushed my teeth, went and poured a glass of ice water and came back and the same hitter was up. I started cackling like the Joker. Couldn’t believe it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. That happened to me so many times last year. Or it would have moved a batter down the lineup by the time I'd finished washing up and stuff. Like, what the heck? Unreal. 

It’s unbelievable they won’t address it. 
I think they're speeding it up next year officially, but I'll believe it when I see an actual timer and pitch clock. Until then, it's foul balls and trips around the mound and the plate. That's what you're apparently paying to see. Guys walking in circles, breathing. 

Users who are viewing this thread