What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Bobby Witt da da da da da, Bobby Witt da da da da da*** (3 Viewers)

Rays MLB ranks:

149 R (1st)
48 HR (1st)
.282 AVG (1st)
.355 OBP (1st)
.535 SLG (1st)
.365 xwOBA (1st)
8.6 Hitter WAR (1st)

2.71 ERA (1st)
3.28 FIP (1st)
1.05 WHIP (1st)
.191 BAA (1st)
.279 xwOBA (1st)
3.8 Pitcher WAR (1st)

is that good
All they have to do now is win the World Series.
Yea we’ll see. Playoffs in all sports are random.
As the 2001 Mariners will attest.

I am a Twins fan, but I have always had an admiration for the Rays. What they are able to do year in and year out with the budget they use is mind blowing.
And with their front office guys getting poached over the years. As a Yankees fan, drives me nuts that we haven’t brought any of them in. Although, Chaim Bloom looks like a bullet that was dodged.

Although, Chaim Bloom looks like a bullet that was dodged.

It's quite possible that it's their whole organization, which includes the people in the scouting dept., might be the rock solid part of the Rays. Like guys on the road and in the field who know what they're doing and what to look for with guidance from the front office.

Somebody has been getting it right there since about 2005, anyway.

Chaim Bloom is probably realizing that the Red Sox might not have the employees to execute the plan, because the Red Sox haven't been very good under his tenure.

Yes it’s the entire organization of the Rays from what I’ve heard. Friedman set it up almost 20 years ago. It’s why they are able to turn all these pitchers around so easily.

Friedman was a big loss for a year or two but they even moved on from him.

Spencer Strider is going to throw a no-hitter at some point this year. Olsen blew the perfect game in the 7th by booting a ground ball and then Strider gave up a bloop single in the 8th. But 13 strikeouts in 8 innings. No runs. That’s now 9+ Ks in every start so far this year. Kid is a stud.

Really looking forward to seeing the attendance numbers at the next White Sox game. O/U = 8,000

It's killing me. It's really killing me. I was so looking forward to watching them compete this year but damn, they aren't fun to watch....at all. The apathy of the team is overwhelming and apparently is infectious. Really disappointing.

At this point, I would rather go to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field when I visit Chicago versus paying money to go see the White Sox and give Jerry Reinsdorf my money. I have been hesitant to suggest an entire re-org but something has to change there. It's just not the players, it's the whole organization that needs a shake-up.

Really looking forward to seeing the attendance numbers at the next White Sox game. O/U = 8,000

It's killing me. It's really killing me. I was so looking forward to watching them compete this year but damn, they aren't fun to watch....at all. The apathy of the team is overwhelming and apparently is infectious. Really disappointing.

At this point, I would rather go to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field when I visit Chicago versus paying money to go see the White Sox and give Jerry Reinsdorf my money. I have been hesitant to suggest an entire re-org but something has to change there. It's just not the players, it's the whole organization that needs a shake-up.
17 K’s today. Wow. They just aren’t trying, are they?

Lame

I get it, New Era pays money to be the “official” hat of MLB, but complaining about and preventing Atlanta’s big hat HR celebration is super lame.

And screw New Era. They cried poor and stopped paying the Buffalo Bills what they owed for stadium naming rights and yet they’re still paying MLB and being petty about something like this.

Rays MLB ranks:

149 R (1st)
48 HR (1st)
.282 AVG (1st)
.355 OBP (1st)
.535 SLG (1st)
.365 xwOBA (1st)
8.6 Hitter WAR (1st)

2.71 ERA (1st)
3.28 FIP (1st)
1.05 WHIP (1st)
.191 BAA (1st)
.279 xwOBA (1st)
3.8 Pitcher WAR (1st)

is that good

But how many against REAL teams?
Good series starting tomorrow against the 'stros.
Yeah but they didn't even have to face Alvarez. Another easy matchup :wink:
That didn't age well.

Lame

I get it, New Era pays money to be the “official” hat of MLB, but complaining about and preventing Atlanta’s big hat HR celebration is super lame.

And screw New Era. They cried poor and stopped paying the Buffalo Bills what they owed for stadium naming rights and yet they’re still paying MLB and being petty about something like this.

So dumb. Hope Atlanta players switch to wearing one of those little sundae helmets after a HR.

Lame

Understand your thoughts...but it's really a non-starter. On field Providers in all Pro leagues pay millions for that exclusivity. There are a bunch of other instances in the past of non-OFP products being worn in dugouts or pregame, but the OFP is always given first right of refusal thru MLB Properties. These hats were worn on field without MLBP approval and are also licensed and sold to the same retailers that New Era sells, for the same floor space and Open To Buy $. That protection is part of what these 'pay for play' exclusive models are based on.

Lame

Understand your thoughts...but it's really a non-starter. On field Providers in all Pro leagues pay millions for that exclusivity. There are a bunch of other instances in the past of non-OFP products being worn in dugouts or pregame, but the OFP is always given first right of refusal thru MLB Properties. These hats were worn on field without MLBP approval and are also licensed and sold to the same retailers that New Era sells, for the same floor space and Open To Buy $. That protection is part of what these 'pay for play' exclusive models are based on.
Right, because there’s a lot of folks out there trying to decide between a normal baseball cap to wear around town and a giant novelty baseball hat to wear around town.

And you think these hats are being sold in retail stores?

It’s not a surprise that they did this, but it is boring and lame.

Buccos have the best record in the NL now and 5th best run differential in baseball. Not saying this is going to last but suddenly they have a pretty good rotation and a smart, aggressive base running team taking full advantage of the rule changes. Let’s see if it can hold up. :popcorn:

Buccos have the best record in the NL now and 5th best run differential in baseball. Not saying this is going to last but suddenly they have a pretty good rotation and a smart, aggressive base running team taking full advantage of the rule changes. Let’s see if it can hold up. :popcorn:
And doing it without Cruz too

Yankees getting buried early.

Are the Orioles going to be able to sustain this?
Bullpen, lineup, and depth are legit so it probably depends on Grayson and Wells. They'd still need to add a starter in July, but if those 2 are good enough then Gibson can serve as a glue guy to get them through the AS break in contention. Schedule is quite a bit harder in May than it was in April though. 13-3 v OAK, CWS, WASH, and DET while 6-6 v BOS, TEX, and NYY. An extended homestand coming up against TB, LAA, and the equally surprising Bucs should say a lot.

Yes it’s the entire organization of the Rays from what I’ve heard. Friedman set it up almost 20 years ago. It’s why they are able to turn all these pitchers around so easily.

Friedman was a big loss for a year or two but they even moved on from him.
Friedman deserves all the credit in the world for building the program, but his drafting wasn't very good his last few years. The Rays have benefited from better drafting while keeping those other successful systems in place.

Oriole's pitching needs to step it up if they want any chance on this upcoming stretch. Atlanta away then Tampa Bay at home. No problem scoring runs but starting pitching needs to get better.
Let's Go O's

Red Sox with a convincing four-game sweep of Toronto, which is the surprise of all surprises. They're now third in the AL East heading into a series with Philadelphia. Yoshida and Duran have been huge surprises thus far this year. Duran is leaps and bounds from where he was last year. He actually looks imposing at the plate.

Are the Orioles going to be able to sustain this?
We'll see, but it's fun so far. They get Means back mid-July and I expect - if they are in the hunt at the trade deadline - they are gonna try to get a 2nd-tier starter with the glut of IF/OF prospects they have.

I noticed something with all the teams doing well. They all developed a lot of their team rather than sign big time free agents. The teams that signed all the top players are the ones struggling.

Pads and Dodgers play 6 over the next 10 days. Those are important games for both teams with both finding a bit of their strides in the past 2 weeks. Should be fun.

@Cowboysfan8 I give your boys the edge right now as your currently hotter and Clayton seems unhittable at the moment. Soto and Manny need to wake the f up. If they do you‘re in trouble, if not we got no shot. Can’t wait. Go Pads!!!

Regrettably the Rays did not play a real team tonight but rather the last place team in their division. However, they did come away with a win over the New York Yankees.
Rays better win the whole thing now if you are gonna continue this shtick all year.
Odds are low that they will but I’m still going to enjoy a 27-6 start and the Yanks being 10 back in May.

Regrettably the Rays did not play a real team tonight but rather the last place team in their division. However, they did come away with a win over the New York Yankees.
Rays better win the whole thing now if you are gonna continue this shtick all year.
Odds are low that they will but I’m still going to enjoy a 27-6 start and the Yanks being 10 back in May.
Yanks are a dreadful team. Just hoping for a wild card at this point. Both Boone and Cashman need to go.

Yanks are a dreadful team. Just hoping for a wild card at this point. Both Boone and Cashman need to go.
Cashman been there like 20 years right? Might be time for a refresh.

Cashman been there like 20 years right? Might be time for a refresh.

Hard to believe with basically an open checkbook Cashman has survived. Thought Boone would be fired too.

If Old George was around both would have been fired years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread