What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Bobby Witt da da da da da, Bobby Witt da da da da da*** (10 Viewers)

Regrettably the Rays did not play a real team tonight but rather the last place team in their division. However, they did come away with a win over the New York Yankees.
Yeah, the Yankees are certainly playing like a AAAA team at the moment. Ugh.

World Series preview going on in Tampa.
I know that’s right
Well I got half of the equation right. :shrug:
that’s happening in Americas finest city tonight.
You got me - which city is that?
San Diego.
I didn’t realize San Diego could play the Dodgers in the World Series.
I was responding to your “half of the equation right”.

Regrettably the Rays did not play a real team tonight but rather the last place team in their division. However, they did come away with a win over the New York Yankees.
Rays better win the whole thing now if you are gonna continue this shtick all year.
Odds are low that they will but I’m still going to enjoy a 27-6 start and the Yanks being 10 back in May.
Yanks are a dreadful team. Just hoping for a wild card at this point. Both Boone and Cashman need to go.
Cashman been there like 20 years right? Might be time for a refresh.
They literally just gave him a 4 year extension. Sickening

How are the Montas trade, Carlos "don't call me Pavano" Rodon signing, and Donaldson and his 40m contract trades not fireable offenses? How is Aaron Hicks still on this roster?

Rays better win the whole thing now if you are gonna continue this shtick all year.
Odds are low that they will but I’m still going to enjoy a 27-6 start and the Yanks being 10 back in May.
Yanks are a dreadful team. Just hoping for a wild card at this point. Both Boone and Cashman need to go.
Cashman been there like 20 years right? Might be time for a refresh.
They literally just gave him a 4 year extension. Sickening
Oh lol. I did not know that.

How are the Montas trade, Carlos "don't call me Pavano" Rodon signing, and Donaldson and his 40m contract trades not fireable offenses? How is Aaron Hicks still on this roster?
The Jordan Montgomery trade was also brutal.

An under-the-radar bad trade was young prospect Hayden Wesneski for LOOGY Scott Effross who has since succumbed to Tommy John surgery. The Cubs tweaked a few things with Wesneski's delivery, and he looks capable of being a solid rotation pitcher.

If the Twins could get any kind of offense going, they could be a very good time. The pitching rotation has been more than advertised, with Ober and Varland stepping right in. (they were 6th and 7th in the pecking order, but could have made some teams opening day rotation). They offense has just been abysmal. It seems like they still think it is 2019 and they are the bomba squad. Let's learn how to play small ball.

With a focus on playing the young guys, the Royals' offense has been upgraded to "occasionally competent!" I've really been enjoying Maikel Garcia, who's flashed some nice throws from 3B and has registered a hit in every game since being called up. Of course, the pitching is such a dumpster fire that none of this matters a whole lot. At least tickets are cheap?

With a focus on playing the young guys, the Royals' offense has been upgraded to "occasionally competent!" I've really been enjoying Maikel Garcia, who's flashed some nice throws from 3B and has registered a hit in every game since being called up. Of course, the pitching is such a dumpster fire that none of this matters a whole lot. At least tickets are cheap?
Agree. Garcia looks like the real deal. Love watching that kid play.

I'm kinda high on this Nick Pratto kid. 14th overall pick in 2017, some good power in the minors. Get him and My Cousin Vinnie swinging big pretzel sticks around, what's not to love?

He's been a lot better than Massey. He has been terrible at the plate. Striking out over 1/3 of the time. Ugh

ETA: He has 14 total points on the season in my points league. To put that in perspective.......he has scored 15 pts combined over his last three games to get him into the positive.

He's been a lot better than Massey. He has been terrible at the plate. Striking out over 1/3 of the time. Ugh
Yeah, Massey just isn't hitting right now. Needs to learn to shorten that swing, especially with two strikes.

Ahh, Red Sox in last place in the AL East. Thank you, Kenley Jansen. Never mind last night, today you fully imploded. Too bad. 22-18 for the Red Sox.

Name a starting pitcher worse than fat *** Alek Manoah. 7 walks tonight. :lmao:
All of the royals starters.

Manoah is fat. He just gave up 7 walks in 4 innings! He’s been walking every one on the planet this year. He’s also been giving up a ton of hard contact. He no longer has a wipeout pitch. Did I mention he’s fat? Maybe the Royals should trade for him.
And to top it off that fat **** loves to run his mouth

Manoah is fat. He just gave up 7 walks in 4 innings! He’s been walking every one on the planet this year. He’s also been giving up a ton of hard contact. He no longer has a wipeout pitch. Did I mention he’s fat? Maybe the Royals should trade for him.
And to top it off that fat **** loves to run his mouth
Although the Royals starter Keller is giving Manoah a run for his money tonight.

he has not actually walked everyone on the planet for example i have never been walked take that to the bank bochacho

The clips of Aaron Jusge looking into the dugout right before he homered last night sure are interesting.
As pointed out in the Twitter comments - that would be the Toronto dugout. If they're dumb enough to be doing something that lets him know what pitch is coming, that's on them.

Now, it might be that he's looking at the 1B coach or on-deck hitter, who in turn could be getting something from the Yankee dugout. I'll grant that he seems to be looking at *something* while trying not to be obviously looking at it. Was there a woman in a low-cut top over that way?

The clips of Aaron Jusge looking into the dugout right before he homered last night sure are interesting.
As pointed out in the Twitter comments - that would be the Toronto dugout. If they're dumb enough to be doing something that lets him know what pitch is coming, that's on them.

Now, it might be that he's looking at the 1B coach or on-deck hitter, who in turn could be getting something from the Yankee dugout. I'll grant that he seems to be looking at *something* while trying not to be obviously looking at it. Was there a woman in a low-cut top over that way?
The road dugout is definitely on the 1B side of the field.

They use Pitchcom. Such a dumb controversy
There has to be something he was looking at.
He said he was looking at his player who were still chirping after Boone got tossed 2 pitches earlier. He couldve also been looking at fielders moving for each pitch (AKA tip pitching). Regardless, the journeyman pitcher threw an absolute meatball of a slider to the best hitter in baseball. What did they expect would happen?

Users who are viewing this thread