What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - It's a Holliday In Baltimodia, Where People Dress in Orange*** (5 Viewers)

The clips of Aaron Jusge looking into the dugout right before he homered last night sure are interesting.
As pointed out in the Twitter comments - that would be the Toronto dugout. If they're dumb enough to be doing something that lets him know what pitch is coming, that's on them.

Now, it might be that he's looking at the 1B coach or on-deck hitter, who in turn could be getting something from the Yankee dugout. I'll grant that he seems to be looking at *something* while trying not to be obviously looking at it. Was there a woman in a low-cut top over that way?
The road dugout is definitely on the 1B side of the field.
:bag: shows how often I actually sit down and pay attention to a ballgame.

In my defense, for our local minor-league team, the home dugout is on the 1B line

The clips of Aaron Jusge looking into the dugout right before he homered last night sure are interesting.
As pointed out in the Twitter comments - that would be the Toronto dugout. If they're dumb enough to be doing something that lets him know what pitch is coming, that's on them.

Now, it might be that he's looking at the 1B coach or on-deck hitter, who in turn could be getting something from the Yankee dugout. I'll grant that he seems to be looking at *something* while trying not to be obviously looking at it. Was there a woman in a low-cut top over that way?

In my defense, for our local minor-league team, the home dugout is on the 1B line
It's different for every team in mlb. Yankees home dugout is on 1b side but in Toronto the home dugout is on 3b side.

It's different for every team in mlb. Yankees home dugout is on 1b side but in Toronto the home dugout is on 3b side.
f'n Canadians

I never noticed, then thought Toronto might be a relatively isolated occurrence. Nope:

First base side

• Atlanta Braves
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • Boston Red Sox
  • Cincinnati Reds
  • Colorado Rockies
  • Houston Astros
  • Kansas City Royals
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Minnesota Twins
  • New York Mets
  • New York Yankees
  • Philadelphia Phillies
  • Seattle Mariners
  • St. Louis Cardinals
  • San Diego Padres
  • Tampa Bay Rays
  • Texas Rangers
  • Washington Nationals

Third base side

• Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Chicago Cubs
  • Chicago White Sox
  • Cleveland Indians
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
  • Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Miami Marlins
  • Oakland Athletics
  • Pittsburgh Pirates
  • San Francisco Giants
  • Toronto Blue Jays

On the Yankees radio broadcast tonight, the announcers mentioned that Toronto was making an issue about where the Yankees 1st base coach was standing, and how they wanted the umps to enforce the boundaries of where he could and could not stand.

On the Yankees radio broadcast tonight, the announcers mentioned that Toronto was making an issue about where the Yankees 1st base coach was standing, and how they wanted the umps to enforce the boundaries of where he could and could not stand.
Yeah I saw where their manager said the 1st base coach was 30 feet out of his area. Probably a legit gripe.

You want to talk about futility as a franchise. The Pirates have now lost 11 straight games in which Mitch Keller has not pitched in. He’s turning into an ace but he’s the only player on the team worth a dime.

Yeah I saw where their manager said the 1st base coach was 30 feet out of his area. Probably a legit gripe.
Lmao no coach stays in the box. Even Toronto 3b coach was outside box last night. This is beyond dumb.

Before Jackson came to a set position, he brought his hands up near his ear as he gripped the ball. The grip, indicating which type of pitch he was about to throw, was visible to Yankees first base coach Travis Chapman, according to multiple Jays sources. Jackson, in a telephone interview Tuesday night, acknowledged he was tipping his slider, but said the timing of his delivery was more of an issue than his grip.

You want to talk about futility as a franchise. The Pirates have now lost 11 straight games in which Mitch Keller has not pitched in. He’s turning into an ace but he’s the only player on the team worth a dime.
Shades of the 1972 Phillies? That team won 59 games and Steve Carlton won 27 of those.

huh now the team with the beady shifty eye guy had a pitcher thrown out for using foreign substances i guess its been a bad week for the new york yankstros take that to the bank brohans

huh now the team with the beady shifty eye guy had a pitcher thrown out for using foreign substances i guess its been a bad week for the new york yankstros take that to the bank brohans
Except then shifty eye guy hit one in to orbit...

Pitcher himself admitted he was tipping pitches. Thats not cheating. Thats taking advantage of stupidity.
Stealing pitches is not cheating. It has happened since day one of baseball. If you cannot protect your signs or the signs aren't good enough to stop the other team from stealing then it is on you.

Shades of the 1972 Phillies? That team won 59 games and Steve Carlton won 27 of those.
I'm not talking about a single season. The Pirates have mostly been irrelevant since Bonds left. That was in the early 90s. The franchise is pathetic.

ETA - I missed the point of your post. Yes that's an apt comparison.

Except then shifty eye guy hit one in to orbit...
doesnt matter he is a no good low down no account dirty rotten houston like side eye cheater take that to the bank brochacho

Last edited:
Heck of a road trip for Baltimore. 5-1 with a sweep of the Jays and 2 of 3 from the Yankees for the series win. Go O's!

Last edited:
I know I’m biased but Ohtani is fn amazing, throws 100mph and hits bombs, I’m just along for the ride while he’s an Angel
Enjoy it for a few more months, because the Dodgers or Mets are going to give him a blank check in the offseason.

I know I’m biased but Ohtani is fn amazing, throws 100mph and hits bombs, I’m just along for the ride while he’s an Angel
Enjoy it for a few more months, because the Dodgers or Mets are going to give him a blank check in the offseason.

I wish the Rays could pull off a Rebecca in Ted Lasso Zava style recruitment of him. Not that the Rays would ever actually even attempt to sign him. Smartly, probably.

The rich teams landing every notable free agent every year is so annoying.

I wish the Rays could pull off a Rebecca in Ted Lasso Zava style recruitment of him. Not that the Rays would ever actually even attempt to sign him. Smartly, probably.

Yea, MLB has that problem where the rich always get richer.

Are the Rays owners not rich or are they just Carl Pohlad types? For those unaware, Pohlad owned the Twins for many years and was instrumental in the '94 work stoppage. He used to cry poor as a mid-market club with mid-market problems, all while being one of the three richest owners in baseball, according to Forbes and Fortune.

So I never just take it at face value when teams or owners cry poor. Some are just greedy billionaires looking to reap extra money from a cash cow like the MLB. And sorry to offend any Minnesota fans, but that's how I remember it.

Are the Rays owners not rich or are they just Carl Pohlad types? For those unaware, Pohlad owned the Twins for many years and was instrumental in the '94 work stoppage. He used to cry poor as a mid-market club with mid-market problems, all while being one of the three richest owners in baseball, according to Forbes and Fortune.

So I never just take it at face value when teams or owners cry poor. Some are just greedy billionaires looking to reap extra money from a cash cow like the MLB. And sorry to offend any Minnesota fans, but that's how I remember it.
No offense taken, that is pretty much exactly how it was. BTW, the Pohlads still own the team, it is the younger ones more in charge now. Pohlad offered the team up for contraction back in 02. Even as a fan, I used to call the Twins the farm team for the Yankees. IMO, the only reason they signed Mauer to the extension when they did is because he was a hometown hero and Minnesotans would have boycotted the team if they would have let him walk. Things have changed quite a bit the last few years, so it will be interesting to see which direction this team goes. A lot will depend on what they get for a new TV contract if any or how games will be broadcast.

Mike Soroka scheduled to start tonight for the Braves - very happy for the kid, he was looking like a gem but injuries for two or three years has kept him out. Just hope he stays healthy - anything he gives them is just a bonus.

Name a starting pitcher worse than fat *** Alek Manoah. 7 walks tonight. :lmao:
Update: Manoah still sucks. 0.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 BB, 6 ER tonight.
At this point, don’t the Jays just need to send the guy down to the minors? They’re a playoff team and cannot afford to keep wasting games every fifth day.
I think they have got to. Owner of him in my fantasy league sent out a trade bait email with him last night. I’ve never seen more ridicule over putting someone on there.

Name a starting pitcher worse than fat *** Alek Manoah. 7 walks tonight. :lmao:
Update: Manoah still sucks. 0.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 BB, 6 ER tonight.
At this point, don’t the Jays just need to send the guy down to the minors? They’re a playoff team and cannot afford to keep wasting games every fifth day.
I think they have got to. Owner of him in my fantasy league sent out a trade bait email with him last night. I’ve never seen more ridicule over putting someone on there.
Yup he was a keeper for me. The most painful decision I’ve ever made in fantasy baseball. But I don’t even attempt to trade him at this point. He’s also not sniffing my lineup. May drop him soon if I need a spot.

I have been saying that for a couple weeks. Something is definitely off mechanically. He needs to go down and work on those fundamentals and right the ship. I am hoping they try and stretch out Pearson and use him in the rotation.

I wonder if he needs to rebuild his mechanics from scratch, like Roy Halladay did.
I know early in the season he was having pitch clock issues so I wonder if that got into his head and started affecting his overall delivery and approach. It may just be having the pressure taken off and getting more comfortable with that aspect of the delivery. Just guesses.

I have been saying that for a couple weeks. Something is definitely off mechanically. He needs to go down and work on those fundamentals and right the ship. I am hoping they try and stretch out Pearson and use him in the rotation.

Has he considered or has anybody suggested weight loss? The Bartolo Colon body isn't for everybody.....

Has he considered or has anybody suggested weight loss? The Bartolo Colon body isn't for everybody.....
I haven't checked or compared but I don't think he is much different size wise than he has been the past couple years. But slimmer will likely be a benefit regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread