What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - It's a Holliday In Baltimodia, Where People Dress in Orange*** (6 Viewers)

Also rooting for Seattle to pound the bejeezus out of the cheaters, and maybe drive Mattress Mack into bankruptcy.

Also rooting for Seattle to pound the bejeezus out of the cheaters, and maybe drive Mattress Mack into bankruptcy.

They are. Just hammering Verlander.

ESPN had Verlander and Fried 1 and 2 SP.

Rough start for us Braves backers. Was hoping they might pull off an Astros but it was not to be. Gotta win 3 of 4. I'm officially concerned.

Yeah, I kind of wanted to play the Cardinals - they seems to have magic against us but the Phillies lineup is formidable. I knew they were capable of outslugging us. I didn’t expect Fried to pitch so poorly - he was bad today. And we had plenty of chances - bases loaded 2 of the first 3 innings - not many big hits.

Rough start for us Braves backers. Was hoping they might pull off an Astros but it was not to be. Gotta win 3 of 4. I'm officially concerned.

Yeah, I kind of wanted to play the Cardinals - they seems to have magic against us but the Phillies lineup is formidable. I knew they were capable of outslugging us. I didn’t expect Fried to pitch so poorly - he was bad today. And we had plenty of chances - bases loaded 2 of the first 3 innings - not many big hits.

I keep hearing "experts" (mostly gambling people) saying Braves are OBVIOUSLY better this year than last year. Has made me nervous that they are destined to disappoint for a couple of months now. I really hope I'm wrong.

I keep hearing "experts" (mostly gambling people) saying Braves are OBVIOUSLY better this year than last year. Has made me nervous that they are destined to disappoint for a couple of months now. I really hope I'm wrong.

I think it’s true they are better and they could easily lose this series and I’d still believe they were better this year than last. They just got hot, hit some huge homers and the bullpen was lights out.

I think it’s true they are better and they could easily lose this series and I’d still believe they were better this year than last. They just got hot, hit some huge homers and the bullpen was lights out.
Yep, so much is about being hot at the right time.

The Phillies had two runs of being very good: 1976-83 and 2007-2011. In the first run, the 1977 team was the best one on paper, but the 1980 team, which didn't clinch its division until the next-to-last day of the season, was the one that won the WS. In the second run, the 2009-11 teams were all better on paper than the 2008 team, but the latter is the one that brought home the title, mainly because of more timely hitting and better bullpen performance in the postseason.

I actually have a ridiculous multi-sport parlay alive with Phillies winning it all. So I'm not ROOTING for them over my Braves, but if they do win I can start hedging and make some money.

I actually have a ridiculous multi-sport parlay alive with Phillies winning it all. So I'm not ROOTING for them over my Braves, but if they do win I can start hedging and make some money.
They can hit and have two dominant starters. That's very helpful in the postseason. It's going to come down to whether the bullpen can hold it together.

I don't think their pitching is deep enough to win it all but they can win just about any one-off series with anybody not named Dodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread