What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Monday Night Football BUCS @ CAR***** (1 Viewer)

Both teams are 9-3, and are the arguably the 2nd & 3rd best teams in the NFC. There is a pretty good chance that the winner of this game gets a 1st round bye, but the loser still has a good chance at a wild card spot.

I can't wait!

:lmao: :lmao: :football: :football: :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Bucs match up pretty well with the Giants. They are good at dealing with the things the Giants do well (running the ball, pass rush). I know the Giants tore the Raven run d a new one, but I don't think they can dominate the Bucs like that.

I think the Bucs match up pretty well with the Giants. They are good at dealing with the things the Giants do well (running the ball, pass rush). I know the Giants tore the Raven run d a new one, but I don't think they can dominate the Bucs like that.
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :lmao:

Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :thumbup:
Decent D but no Offense. Only a homer would think they would have a chance to stay in the game with the Gmen. Giants are superior in every way from the coach on down. :bag:

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :goodposting:
If the Bucs couldnt get past the Brad Johnson led Cowboys how in the world would they beat the Giants? The Bucs and Panthers are arguably the 3rd and 4th best teams GiantsCowboysPanthers/Bucs/FalconsCardinalsVikingsPackersBearsRedskinsSaints

gman74 said:
QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :thumbup:
Decent D but no Offense. Only a homer would think they would have a chance to stay in the game with the Gmen. Giants are superior in every way from the coach on down. :thumbup:
How is the team doing in the city you actually live in? :goodposting:

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
If the Bucs couldnt get past the Brad Johnson led Cowboys how in the world would they beat the Giants? The Bucs and Panthers are arguably the 3rd and 4th best teams
Every call in that game went the Cowboys way, and it was still close. We didn't lose that game because of our D containing Brad Johnson, we lost it because Dallas D had the game of their lives. With a little help from our O stinking that day. Play that game at Ray Jay, and Bucs would have won.

If the Bucs couldnt get past the Brad Johnson led Cowboys how in the world would they beat the Giants? The Bucs and Panthers are arguably the 3rd and 4th best teams
Funny thing about this statement, is that people could turn around and say, how good are the Giants if they can't beat the Browns. This is a bad arguement. Although I do not think that the Bucs would beat the Giants, I think that the Bucds and the Vikings will have the best chance.

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :rolleyes:
Every call in that game went the Cowboys way, and it was still close. We didn't lose that game because of our D containing Brad Johnson, we lost it because Dallas D had the game of their lives. With a little help from our O stinking that day. Play that game at Ray Jay, and Bucs would have won.
:cry: :shrug:

gman74 said:
QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :cry:
Decent D but no Offense. Only a homer would think they would have a chance to stay in the game with the Gmen. Giants are superior in every way from the coach on down. :thumbup:
How is the team doing in the city you actually live in? :rolleyes:
You tell me you seem to think you know football :shrug:

Funny thing about this statement, is that people could turn around and say, how good are the Giants if they can't beat the Browns. This is a bad arguement. Although I do not think that the Bucs would beat the Giants, I think that the Bucds and the Vikings will have the best chance.
Bucks do not have enough offense to hang with the Giants. Like I said Bye week to the bowl if its the NFC South

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :blackdot:
:confused: :confused:
Good luck with that wild card :confused:

Both teams are 9-3, and are the arguably the 2nd & 3rd best teams in the NFC. There is a pretty good chance that the winner of this game gets a 1st round bye, but the loser still has a good chance at a wild card spot. I can't wait! :yes: :football: :football: :football: :football:
Not only that... but my most bitter rival and I face off in week one of the playoffs and he has DeAngelo/Stewart and S. Smith while I have the Bucs DST! WhoooHOO!

What chance do the Vikes have if they could only put up 12 on Detroit? Although I'm sure this week they'll do better.

Wow...surprised to see fans of the Giants of all teams acting like teams can't improve as the season progresses. Anyway...

The Bucs did dominate the first meeting...started off with a defensive TD early and went from there. But I don't think SSmith was at his best yet. He seems to be now. So does Deangelo. Of course, Delhomme may have been playing better then also.

I think Garcia needs to be play better than he has for the Bucs to win. He isn't making costly mistakes, but he's also missing some open receivers and seems scared to pull the trigger in the red zone.

I'll bet this goes down to a FG.

gman74 said:
QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :thumbdown:
Decent D but no Offense. Only a homer would think they would have a chance to stay in the game with the Gmen. Giants are superior in every way from the coach on down. :yawn:
Not a Bucs fan but they are 11th in overall offense. 10th in run offense and 14 in pass. In the few games that I have seen them play in they actually seemed pretty balanced on offense. Certainly not an explosive offensive team, but to say they have "no Offense" seems pretty silly to me.

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
:cry: :ptts:
Good luck with that wild card :bye:
The Cowboys should definitely fear the wildcard. I don't think ANYONE has ever won the Superbowl after getiing into the playoffs as a wildcard........uh, wait....

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :angry:
:cry: :ptts:
The Cowboys should definitely fear the wildcard. I don't think ANYONE has ever won the Superbowl after getiing into the playoffs as a wildcard........uh, wait....
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Cowboys even attaining a wildcard berth, not what they will do if they win it. If the Boys lose in Pittsburgh this weekend they can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Even if they won they can't lose against the Ravens, Giants, or Philly. Their schedule is ridiculously brutal.

Buccaneers destroyed the Panthers in the first meeting. Why should I expect anything different this time?
Cause unless you're talking about a serious basement dweller, it's fairly rare that a team sweeps another team. Anyone thinking this will be a Buc blowout is mistaken, IMO. Has yet to happen in the NFC south (tho I sure hope we buck that trend at the superdome).

I can't figure out who I should be rooting against.
The Bucs...with a split the next two weeks, they win the Tiebreaker over either CAR or ATL.Although not sure who wins the CAR/ATL tiebreaker if the Bucs fold.

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Not to mention the Bucs are pretty much overlooked by everyone, but that's how we like it. :goodposting:
:cry: :thumbup:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Cowboys even attaining a wildcard berth, not what they will do if they win it. If the Boys lose in Pittsburgh this weekend they can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Even if they won they can't lose against the Ravens, Giants, or Philly. Their schedule is ridiculously brutal.
So, are my Rams eliminated yet?

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
:cry: :thumbup:
However, if Dallas...and that is a big "if", can win out against these final four teams...it should be argued they have come to form and are finally considered the best team in the league.

Outside of the running game the Bucs are superior to the Panthers in every other area. They have the better quarterback, better receivers, better offensive line and the much better defense. Even the kicker is better for the Buccaneers.

I know any given Monday and all that but if the Bucs and Panthers both play their A-game I'm pretty sure who'll be the winner. The Bucs are just a better team all-around.

Outside of the running game the Bucs are superior to the Panthers in every other area. They have the better quarterback, better receivers, better offensive line and the much better defense. Even the kicker is better for the Buccaneers.

I know any given Monday and all that but if the Bucs and Panthers both play their A-game I'm pretty sure who'll be the winner. The Bucs are just a better team all-around.
:goodposting:

:no: :lmao:

:lmao:
Man with the Plan that is one of the worst posts ever. S Smith, M Muhammed, and J Kasay are far more accomplished than their Bucs counterparts. Bryant is a feel good story and a nice K who has a game winner or two under his belt but Kasay is one of the best kickers in league history. Do some homework before pissing your pants like this.

:confused:
Man with the Plan that is one of the worst posts ever. S Smith, M Muhammed, and J Kasay are far more accomplished than their Bucs counterparts. Bryant is a feel good story and a nice K who has a game winner or two under his belt but Kasay is one of the best kickers in league history. Do some homework before pissing your pants like this.
Matt Bryant has been on fire for past two years remember him hitting a 60 yard+ to beat Philly last year. I would take Bryant over Kasey but to say the Bucs have better recievers is beyond being a homer and screams ignorance.

Do people honestly believe the Bucs, Panthers or Falcons could hang with a healthy Cowboys team?

I think the Cowboys are the only real threat to the G-Men this year.

Do people honestly believe the Bucs, Panthers or Falcons could hang with a healthy Cowboys team?I think the Cowboys are the only real threat to the G-Men this year.
The Cowboys are the most talented team in the NFC. But their coach sucks. They are undisciplined and tend to have several breakdowns a game.Carolina definitely has the tools and the better coach to beat Dallas, no matter who's healthy or not. Especially in Carolina. Their defense has the playmakers to make Romo pay for his mistakes and their offense can run it down Dallas' throat all day long while Steve Smith keeps them honest on the outside.

Do people honestly believe the Bucs, Panthers or Falcons could hang with a healthy Cowboys team?I think the Cowboys are the only real threat to the G-Men this year.
The Cowboys are the most talented team in the NFC. But their coach sucks. They are undisciplined and tend to have several breakdowns a game.Carolina definitely has the tools and the better coach to beat Dallas, no matter who's healthy or not. Especially in Carolina. Their defense has the playmakers to make Romo pay for his mistakes and their offense can run it down Dallas' throat all day long while Steve Smith keeps them honest on the outside.
i dont totally disagree with you here. but to just say "their coach sucks" is an overstatement. Wade is a competent defensive mind, and his recent increased involvement has this unit playing pretty dam well. Garrett on the offensive side, has shown to be innovative at times. although sometimes i think his inexperience shows.i'm not by any means sold on Wade as a head coach, but i think this team can win with him. i guess we'll see how it unfolds.ask yourself this. who do you think the gmen would rather face? a healthy Cowboys team(that swept them in reg. season last yr), with an increasingly good D, or any of the NFC South teams. i'd bet they'd rather face any of the NFC South.

Cowboys aren't a championship-caliber club. They'll melt down in the playoffs if they actually get there.I know people are down on the Bucs because they aren't "sexy", but they have a terrific defense, maybe the best special teams in football, excellent coaching, a very good offensive line and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over so as not to put it's defense in bad field position. Lots of things to like about this team, no matter how how many people try to ignorantly dismiss them.

Cowboys aren't a championship-caliber club. They'll melt down in the playoffs if they actually get there.I know people are down on the Bucs because they aren't "sexy", but they have a terrific defense, maybe the best special teams in football, excellent coaching, a very good offensive line and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over so as not to put it's defense in bad field position. Lots of things to like about this team, no matter how how many people try to ignorantly dismiss them.
i dont think anyone is dismissing them. but you are ignorantly dismissing the Cowboys.

Football Girl said:
The Man with the Plan said:

What are you :lmao: about? The Panthers have Steve Smith... and that's it. The Bucs obviously don't have a receiver on that level but overall they have better receivers than the Panthers. Antonio Bryant, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Michael Clayton Alex Smith, and Jerramy Stevens are superior to Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Dwayne Jarrett, DJ Hackett, Jeff King and Dante Rosario. If you don't believe me then look at the numbers.The Bucs are ranked 12th in passing offense, the Panthers are ranked 22nd in passing offense. And that's with their best receiver Joey Galloway missing several games.

So I will reiterate what I said if I wasn't clear before. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have better receivers than the Carolina Panthers.

Manster said:
Capella said:
zoonation said:
i dont think anyone is dismissing them. but you are ignorantly dismissing the Cowboys.

Carolina and New Orleans should win this week, seeing that none of the NFC South teams know how to play on the road v. one another.

I still believe that Garcia is the Bucs' achilles heel. I've been saying it most of the season. He needs to keep from turning the ball over, be able to make plays with his feet, and be able to throw the ball downfield at least on occasion. If he does that and the rest of the team plays well around him, the Bucs have as good a chance as anyone at going deep into the playoffs. However, because the Bucs are not an explosive offense, they really can't afford to be playing catchup, especially in 2-minute drills where Garcia has to quickly make throws down the field. I know the Bucs have been able to do that on occasion this season, but I think that is really the weakest part of their game. I think the Carolina Monday nighter will be a great, close game, extremely important for both teams.

Football Girl said:

:popcorn:
What are you :confused: about? The Panthers have Steve Smith... and that's it. The Bucs obviously don't have a receiver on that level but overall they have better receivers than the Panthers. Antonio Bryant, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Michael Clayton Alex Smith, and Jerramy Stevens are superior to Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Dwayne Jarrett, DJ Hackett, Jeff King and Dante Rosario. If you don't believe me then look at the numbers.The Bucs are ranked 12th in passing offense, the Panthers are ranked 22nd in passing offense. And that's with their best receiver Joey Galloway missing several games.

So I will reiterate what I said if I wasn't clear before. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have better receivers than the Carolina Panthers.
Your argument to look at the numbers doesn't hold up. 1. Jake Delhomme has been pretty bad (if not down-right awful) the last few weeks.

2. I also think our passing scheme sucks

3. We're supposed to be a running team.

4. John Fox is happiest when we only have to throw the ball 7 times.

But, just by virtue of the fact that the Panthers have Steve Smith defeats your argument that the Bucs have better receivers.

You'll notice I didn't argue any of the other positions :bag:

QUEZILLA said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
:cry: :bag:
:lmao: The Browns beat the Giants, and the Cowboys beat the Bucs. Every dog has it's day, and even the elite NFC teams can be vulnerable at times.

Capella said:
zoonation said:
Do people honestly believe the Bucs, Panthers or Falcons could hang with a healthy Cowboys team?

I think the Cowboys are the only real threat to the G-Men this year.
:lmao: This is highly overlooked.

I'm still a little afraid of how the calls may go in Carolina ever since the "leaping" call on Simeon several years back. That was the biggest b.s. call I have ever seen in the history of football. I had never seen a "leaping" call before that game, and I have yet to see one since.

:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread